• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I only like the lion club of the new Pokemon this morning. The flower fairy is pretty lame, and the two bugs are ugly, generic, and I'm sure weak, as long as their evolution, Vivillon.

Also, that dog looks more like a lion or some sort of feline? That is... a bit better, but still, I am not interested in Fire-type Pokémon in my team, sorry puppy.

Shishiko is classified as the "Young Lion" pokemon. He's definitely not a dog.

Another secondary normal type... I get Helioptile because of how it generates electricity, but why this one? It seems like it can generate its own fire...

You guys, this is great: We can finally have a mini-Moltres that we can get very early on in the game. Don't tell me you didn't always want this.

EDIT: I really want Helioptle to evolve into something that blatantly resembles a solar panel. Time to teach these kids about the future.

Last edited:

Then the Lion thing must evolve into thermopanels...

Prediction
Xerneas: Fairy/Grass
Yveltal: Dark/Flying
Perfect counters assuming Fairy is also SE against Dark.

Well this means I'm probably definitely catching Fletchling to be able to use Talonflame, because that's probably the coolest early bird Pokémon since Pidgeot (even though I have a slight problem with the name).

It being part Fire-type is pretty awesome, so I won't be picking Fennekin (which wasn't really likely anyway).

I think I like the first stage of Vivillion the most, but otherwise after Sewaddle and Venipede I'm a bit disappointed in the design of the Bug Pokemon.

New Shisa Pokemon is cute, but I wish they went for another type. Shisa are often statues, so I always thought a Rock-type Dog would be cool. But it's cute.

Furabebe is adorable. I was hoping we'd see a New Fairy-type Pokemon, and I wasn't disappointed, it's "stand-out" for the New Type imo.

I typically use the regional bird as my Flying type, so Fletchling gaining a Fire type is a bonus for me. Shishiko is cute (even if he looks like a flame-based Shinx), but you can't beat a bird with a fire-typing. Furabebe is precious, although I'm not making any calls until I see evolutions, and what other new Fairy-types there are. I love the design of the Vivillion line; probably won't be a permanent member of my team on the first play-through, since I save adding a Bug for a second run/sequel/third game. Clauncher and Skrelp have interesting designs, but again, not making any calls on whether they'll be on my team until I get more info.

New Shisa Pokemon is cute, but I wish they went for another type. Shisa are often statues, so I always thought a Rock-type Dog would be cool. But it's cute.
I don't think that Shishiko is supposed to be based on a shisa. Shishi is just Japanese for lion, so I think it's just a basic fire lion.

I still find them all adorable! This time it's Furabebe~

That thing looks too weak to be an evolved form or a non-evolver. Please give it evolutions!!

I love the little lion, so cute <3 I wonder what it evolves into. This makes potentially 3 Fire types I might like to use(Fennekin,Fletchling and the new lion) and I usually dont like Fire types much.

The flower Fairy is cute, hoping we see more Fairy Pokemon too.

Vivillon's pre evos are both pretty cute.

Not disappointed in any designs,love that we're getting new Pokemon revealed.

That thing looks too weak to be an evolved form or a non-evolver. Please give it evolutions!!
So does Manaphy and look how terrifying it is in battle!

But yeah, I agree, it probably evolves. Unless it's a "gimmick" Pokemon and it just exists to showcase differently patterned 3D flowers :S

I don't like the designs of Vivillon's pre-evolutions too much. The first and second stages look almost completely similar; Spewpa is practically the first stage with a modified face and a lower cocoon-like body similar to Larvesta and Trash Burmy. At least pokemon like Sewaddle and Venipede looked rather cute and lively as Bug-types.

Why isn't Furabebe part Grass-type? It's a damn flower.

My favorite among them is Shishiko. It's a creative design, a new type combination, and has a new move to lower an opponent's attack.

Last edited:

Prediction
Xerneas: Fairy/Grass
Yveltal: Dark/Flying
Perfect counters assuming Fairy is also SE against Dark.

I'm on board with your guess. :)

I really hate to be "that guy" but with the 2 Fairy type Pokemon revealed so far, Sylveon and that Flower Pokemon, and the previous gen Pokemon that have been reclassified as Fairy type, it seems like they're more feminine Pokemon? Not sure if that's the right word to describe it. I have no problems with this and will probably have a Fairy type in my team. If this is correct, I can see the Togepi line, Happini line, Cleffa line, Audino and Cresselia being Fairy type as well.

Why isn't Furababe part Grass-type? It's a damn flower.
I thought it was weird too, but it's not a part of the flower, it's only holding on to it.

I think I fell in love with pokemon all over again! For once, I don't hate a single one of these pokemon (so far). I really wanted to start the 6th gen with Fennekin or use Talonflame, but that little lion stole the show. Helioptile looks odd, but I bet it will be interesting to use. Hopefully those two lose the normal typing after evolving, but I'll just have to deal with it if they don't.

I thought it was weird too, but it's not a part of the flower, it's only holding on to it.

I just saw its Pokedex entry in Coro Coro, and the design was misleading. Furabebe is actually just the pixie-like creature that latches on to a flower as soon as it is born. It's still hard to tell where the pokemon stops and where the flower begins; they appear to be fused together.

Last edited:

I'm pretty disappointed they haven't revealed any new evolutions aside from Sylveon

Back
Top Bottom