• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

There's also a few things in a Blue LP, which you can find here. Just do a Ctrl + F for Doug.

Okay, so I guess I pretty much got the pronunciation.

I hope this is the right thread, but Flabébé is the most annoying name to type in the entirety of Pokemon. Please just drop the accents before we release.

Nidoran♂ and Nidoran♀ are worse imo.

For me, Ho-Oh and Farfetch'd are the worst, though people do not notice what about them annoys me.

They have a dash and an apostrophe in their name. Seriously, WHO has a dash or an apostrophe in their name? (No offense if you do.....)

Mr. Mime also has a period in its name, but I consider that a little more normal because it could be assumed to be a title (though its not).

Talonflame is an absolutely horrible name. I'd rather they called it Flamingpileofshitmon, at least it would be original (and hey, they've increased the maximum character limit, right?).

But seriously, it's boring, unimaginative, and just crap. It's like they just looked at it, saw the big feet and fire typing, and chucked together the first two words that came to mind (come to think of it, that does sound pretty likely). What's wrong with something like Flarrow (flaming arrow), or Blazon (blazing talon/falcon, see also blazon), or Talonix (Talon Phoenix). Just something else. I was planning on catching a Fletchling to raise (at least early on), but not anymore. Could you imagine 'Just a little more! Hang in there, Talonflame!!'

I can't even. Just no.

EDIT: Just found out it's classification (according to Serebii) is the Deterioration pokemon. What the hell GF.

EDIT 2: Disregard first edit - Bulbapedia has it as the Raging Flame pokemon. Slightly redeemed in my books. Still a crap name.

Last edited:

I know its an older PKMN, but the retyping I think makes it relevant, Gardevoir. This was a total left field surprise, and a great one at that. Now I can play her off her brother Gallade, who is a big wheel in my team, but she brings Fay-Power to the party. You got to understand, by the mid-point of Gen V, I was having more issues with dragons then I was with ghost and dark combined. I'm glad those lizards got nerfed. By the way Creatures, think I can get a non-legendary Dragon/Psychic type?

Talonflame is pretty bad, but Scatterbug is the absolute worst. At least with Talonflame, they took two cool words. Better than "Clawfire" or something.

I've seen hate for Litleo's name too, but I'm not sure why. It's just "lit", "little", and "leo". Better than both of the aforementioned names at least.

I don't dislike the name Talonflame. It sounds cool to me, although when I first heard it, it sounded more like a nickname you'd give your Pokemon, as opposed to a species name.

Talonflame might be unimaginative, but it sounds great, at least (to me, of course). Litleo and Scatterbug don't.

Talonflame isn't that unimaginative, you gotta have that early flyer on your team for each generation, so they had to make a Pokemon like him, and I think they did a very good job, given their limits. I mean, there's never been a Fire/Flying bird, or a bird with any type, other than Normal/Flying, for that matter.

I'm pretty sure Litleo can be taken two ways:

Little Leo or Lit (as it the past tense of light given it's fire typing) Leo

I thought of the latter before the former when I saw the name. So Litleo isn't that unimaginative either if you think about it.

No, it's not at all. The names of this generation, so far, have been very unimaginative for the most part. Now, in my opinion, this should be of no real concern to us at all. GF doesn't choose the English names, so the translations' lack of creativity cannot be their fault. All that truly matter is actual content. Even if it were their fault, it still wouldn't be a big deal. I mean, if you have this book with an incredible plot, setting, and characters, you're not going to pass it down just because the title of the book was uncreative, and I think this applies to the Pokemon, I think looks, charm, and battle capabilities matter a helluva lot more than a name, even if a nice one is nice.

Yeah, I don't like most of the names. The worst, I think, is Talonflame. Yes it makes sense but it also sounds like a fakemon. I mean, it's so obvious. But it doesn't sound bad at all, no. Just..."meh", I guess.

I think Flabébé has the best name, and that's not just because it's French! It rolls of the tongue nicely.

I was planning on catching a Fletchling to raise (at least early on), but not anymore. Could you imagine 'Just a little more! Hang in there, Talonflame!!' I can't even. Just no.

Or you can, you know, catch it and just give it a nickname.

Or he can catch anything else instead, because why not? Frankly, I couldn't care less about names, so this discussion is a bit stupid to me.

I am just pissed that a good looking Pokémon like Vivillon have a boring and unimaginative type like Bug/Flying. Seriously, it could have been the first Bug/Fairy Pokémon.

Or he can catch anything else instead, because why not? Frankly, I couldn't care less about names, so this discussion is a bit stupid to me.

I am just pissed that a good looking Pokémon like Vivillon have a boring and unimaginative type like Bug/Flying. Seriously, it could have been the first Bug/Fairy Pokémon.

Oh goodness you and me both. I swear that when I first saw Vivillon I thought it would be a Bug/Fairy Type or maybe even Bug/Psychic but nope they go ahead and choose Bug/Flying oh Game Freak when will you learn.

Now that's a justified compaint. Instead of whining about a book's cover (its name) your complaining about the real content (type). And yeah, I agree, Vivillion is so far the coolest looking butterfly Pokémon ever, and to be just another Bug/Flying feels like a total waste; Bug/Fairy would have been the shit (Super Effective against Pyshic, Dark and Dragon? Hell yeah!). Same for Noivern, probably the most awesome Gen Vi Pokémon so far, yet another lame Flying/Dragon (ooohhh!! The types order was inverted... Does that actually affect the types? NO!) when it could have been an awesome Dragon/Dark or anything else.

Whatever, there are so many good Pokémon that whining over a few is nitpicking. Overall, I'm more than satisfied with the Pokémon that have been revealed.

I am just pissed that a good looking Pokémon like Vivillon have a boring and unimaginative type like Bug/Flying. Seriously, it could have been the first Bug/Fairy Pokémon. [/FONT]
Almost every generation has had an early two/three-stage Bug type that reaches a final (and usually Flying) evolution by Lv.10 . So while it may not sound "imaginative", it doesn't rule out possibilities of unique Bug typings later on.

Almost every generation has had an early two/three-stage Bug type that reaches a final (and usually Flying) evolution by Lv.10 . So while it may not sound "imaginative", it doesn't rule out possibilities of unique Bug typings later on.

You're right, but Generation V had Leavanny and Scolipede, two above average Bug/Grass and Bug/Poison Pokémon, instead of lame Bug/Flying, so going back to this typing in Generation VI sounds like bullshit to me. It really isn't about other Kalos Bug Pokémon having unique types, that is beyond the point. Unova had other great Bug besides the two aforementioned, like Escavalier, Volcarona, Genesect, etc and Game Freak didn't screw the early bugs with bad typings because of that.

Early Bug-types showcase Pokemon evolution, as they are the first team members to evolve by level.

Early Bug-types showcase Pokemon evolution, as they are the first team members to evolve by level.
And yet there was no early bug in Generation V (BW), you only find Venipede and Sewaddle after Lenora's Gym. I guess the people that started playing with Black and White still don't know how Pokémon evolution work? I am sorry, your arguments aren't good enough to justify Vivillon's awful typing. It could pretty much evolve at level 10 and still be Bug/Fairy.

But your argument that bug/flying is "not imaginative" is opinion. Should we say that about Fletchling being a Normal+Flying, or that the starters are still a Grass-Fire-Water triangle?

And what does that have to do with typing? They can have an early Bug Pokémon that evolves into Bug/rock, Bug/Water (he, remember Surskit/Masquerain' It seems that screwing early Bug Pokémon is something of a recurring gag) or pure Bug, anything but Bug/Flying. That doesn't have to do with early evolution, but with typings. They already went the extra mile for Talonflame, why not the same with Vivillion?

Now expect a Bug/Poison counterpart to keep in tradition.

But your argument that bug/flying is "not imaginative" is opinion. Should we say that about Fletchling being a Normal+Flying, or that the starters are still a Grass-Fire-Water triangle?

It IS not imaginative. Bug/Flying is the most common combination for Bug Pokémon, and also there's been so many butterfly-based Pokémon that another Bug/Flying butterfly is THE LEAST imaginative thing they could do about early bugs.

Back
Top Bottom