• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Or he can catch anything else instead, because why not? Frankly, I couldn't care less about names, so this discussion is a bit stupid to me.

I am just pissed that a good looking Pokémon like Vivillon have a boring and unimaginative type like Bug/Flying. Seriously, it could have been the first Bug/Fairy Pokémon.

Now that's a justified compaint. Instead of whining about a book's cover (its name) your complaining about the real content (type). And yeah, I agree, Vivillion is so far the coolest looking butterfly Pokémon ever, and to be just another Bug/Flying feels like a total waste; Bug/Fairy would have been the shit (Super Effective against Pyshic, Dark and Dragon? Hell yeah!). Same for Noivern, probably the most awesome Gen Vi Pokémon so far, yet another lame Flying/Dragon (ooohhh!! The types order was inverted... Does that actually affect the types? NO!) when it could have been an awesome Dragon/Dark or anything else.

Whatever, there are so many good Pokémon that whining over a few is nitpicking. Overall, I'm more than satisfied with the Pokémon that have been revealed.

Yes yes yes to everything you just said. They could have made Noivern a Poison/Dragon Type too since Wyverns are widely known to have a deadly poison in their tails. Ugh I sometimes just get mad at Game Freak honestly like when they had the perfect opportunity to make my beloved Yanma's Evolution Yanmega a Bug/Dragon Type but instead they decide to keep the crappy Bug/Flying Type on it :(

Wow, looking at the poll results, Noivern sure has a lot of fans. Definitely wouldn't say he doesn't deserve it, he is for sure one of the coolest Pokemon this generation, which has so far been a very good generation.

I think I like Flabebe the most because it's something new. I personally think Noivern is ugly, and it has another generic typing to boot, but eh.

I like Flabebe a lot too. This roster as a whole has been phenomenal so far, there are only 5 I don't like.

I know it's been brought up before, but honestly, I can't see what the big deal about the names are. I mean going back to generation I, we had two full words put together like Sand + Shew, Sand + Slash, Jiggly + Puff, Mew + Two, and Weepin' + Bell. We also had names that sounded like/were actual words or were descriptive of the mon like Seel, Jynx, Gloom, Haunter, Electrode, ETC. Hell we even had the more "imaginative" names such as Tangela, Gyarados, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dratini, ETC. The way I see it, this generation's names are a big giant throwback to the days before Gen III where all the names were much easier to pronounce and had different schemes.

Think about it, if names like Scatterbug and Talonflame came out back then, we probably wouldn't blink an eye and point fingers. But in recent years, the two word names have become more than rare. They pretty much gave way to the latter naming schemes or became much harder to split due to sharing letters (Huntail, Dusclops, Staraptor, Sewaddle, Joltik) instead of being just two words just stuck together. So in a way, we've gotten used to them not being there that having them again just sounds and looks odd.

Personally I like Scatterbug and Talonflame. They sound much better than lets say Scattug and Talame.

As for the typing this gen, yeah, it could use a little work, I agree. But you also have to take into consideration the other unrelieved mons this gen. The stupid typing is usually done to keep everything balanced in the end. Hence why there's a royal family of literal ghost jellies and a flounder that isn't a water type that lives in water. So just because a pokemon doesn't have some awesome original typing doesn't mean it's ruined. It just means they needed to make sacrifices so everything would be even.

Does anyone else find it very strange that not a single Pokemon's ability was revealed yet? I know for a fact CoroCoro is not gonna cover these Pokemon again with the exception of Xerneas, Yveltal, and Mewtwo, so we pretty much won't know their abilities until release. I guess that's a minor thing to look forward to?
I've pointed this out in a new thread but it's gone now. I've been thinking it might indicate some change in how abilities are given to Pokémon, but this isn't quite the thread for that.

On topic, does anybody else think Sylveon can be the XY Generation's Lucario/Zoroark?

Because it's featured in a movie that premiers before the games? Not really. Just an eeveelution meant to hype up a new type.

On topic, does anybody else think Sylveon can be the XY Generation's Lucario/Zoroark?

In terms of appearance, I think Mewtwo's new form is the XY Lucario/Zoroark, but in terms of popularity, yep, Sylveon is the new Lucario "clone" (lol).

Because it's featured in a movie that premiers before the games? Not really. Just an eeveelution meant to hype up a new type.
More because there's been a lot of focus on Sylveon compared to the other XY Pokémon; I think it might be the mascot of the generation. As it also showcases the new type, it could work well as it.

No other Pokémon has really received even similar amounts of focus.

hey pokemon co. if your listening since you are already screwing around with typeing why don't you make the weaknesses make a little more sense steel resists darkness because why.poison resists bug but isn't strong against it. water resists ice. why on earth are dragons weak to ice several kinds of dragon have power over cold acoording to a korean legend a P.O.ed dragon froze the sea. it would make more sense to have dragons weak to steel ya know cause of the whole knights with swords thing. and then there's grass last time i checked trees that get hit by lightning don't fare well and why does flying beat grass exactly.

I won't lie; I was skeptical of Fletchling at first, but Talonflame looks pretty good. My only problem with "Talonflame" as a name is, while cool, it just doesn't sound like a Pokemon name.

Bug/Flying is the most common combination for Bug Pokémon...
So too is Normal+Flying for bird (AND normal) Pokemon. Your turn....

They finally broke the pattern with Talonflame which os not Normal/Flying, but Fire/Flying, whereas with Vivillion, the pattern lives on. Check.

I'm a little surprised that Litleo is so popular. I'm glad people liked him, but for non-starter cute little elemental animal I'm leaning towards Helioptile.

Yes yes yes to everything you just said. They could have made Noivern a Poison/Dragon Type too since Wyverns are widely known to have a deadly poison in their tails. Ugh I sometimes just get mad at Game Freak honestly like when they had the perfect opportunity to make my beloved Yanma's Evolution Yanmega a Bug/Dragon Type but instead they decide to keep the crappy Bug/Flying Type on it :(

i too felt your pain. perhaps one day, Yanmega will evolve? First Bug Pseudolegendary? First Pseudolegendary split over multiple generations? heck even trapinch could have been ground/bug but nooooo, they dont want to mix bug and dragon.

T_T one day.

i'm really hoping litleo evolves into a dual type pokemon that's maybe fire/poison or fire/ground. i suppose we'll have to see though!

I saw people were making lists of their top six earlier in the thread, so I thought I might aswell do it. It was hard to do, since I like pretty much all the Pokemon we've gotten so far.

1. Talonflame
2. Clauncher
3. Noivern
4. Chespin
5. Skrelp
6. Gogoat

Talonflame is just a really cool looking bird, plus Fire/Flying instead of Normal/Flying is awesome. Clauncher has a really clean design and is based on a shrimp, which is neat. Noivern is just a badass Pokemon, and it's nice to see a mammalian dragon and not another reptilian one. Chespin is incredibly cute and is what I'll be choosing as my starter (after much umming and ahhing trying to choose between it and Froakie). Skrelp has that grumpy cute look aswell as having a nice type combination and concept. Gogoat is finally a goat Pokemon and even though I didn't like it at first is now one of my favourites. Helioptile, Xerneas, Froakie, Pancham, Litleo, Scatterbug and even Sylveon (the dragon-killing machine it is) are all neat in their own ways though.

Also to the people complaining about Bug/Flying Vivillon: I hear ya. After we got the amazing Scolipede and Leavanny in BW, I was hoping for something a little more... exotic for the regional bug, and not another Bug/Flying butterfly. But what can you do. The one thing I will say is, despite the typing and it being another butterfly, it's pretty much guaranteed access to Quiver Dance so it's going to be usable, at least, which I can't really complain about.

I think I'm warming up (no pun intended) to Talonflame. I still kinda think somebody dropped a ball on the design of his orange-speckled underpants, but his top half is the coolest bird of prey Pokemon ever, not just in fanart (hi, Zeb!) but official Sugimori and in-game, too.

The names of this generation, so far, have been very unimaginative for the most part.
You're kidding, right? 'Fletchling' and 'Scatterbug' are totally awesome names. Okay, 'Talonflame' does feel a bit like word salad, but 'Noivern' rolls off the tongue easily and 'Skrelp' is . . . I don't know what that name is but it's awesome. 'Fennekin' and 'Froakie' are both cool names.

...other unrelieved mons this gen.
...if a Pokemon poops in its ball, does its Trainer make a sound?

Last edited:

But Talonflame's "pants" still fit in with the whole bird of prey thing. I mean real birds have the same thing after all:

birdpants.png

They just exaggerated it and made the spots bigger and more even.

...other unrelieved mons this gen.
...if a Pokemon poops in its ball, does its Trainer make a sound?

I totally meant revealed. I really suck at proof reading :sweatlol:

I would like it a bit more if they made it's legs look like they do in that picture. Not really looking like pants, but with feathers sorta swooped to the side. It just looks too bulky on Talonflame.

Back
Top Bottom