• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

There is a pic somewhere leaked of the Skrelp evolution, it looks more like Seadra than anything else..it is definitely not squid like.

I though that ended up being fake?

skrelp.jpg

It is very possible that it is fake, I mean it is anyone's guess whether it is or not. Now that I look at it more it doesn't completely look like Seadra, but it looks nothing like Malamar and not squid like.

It's definitely fake, considering it's obviously meant to look like CoroCoro, and wasn't in the actual issue.

View attachment 88656

It is very possible that it is fake, I mean it is anyone's guess whether it is or not. Now that I look at it more it doesn't completely look like Seadra, but it looks nothing like Malamar and not squid like.

That was also seen earlier here

I figured it might have been but with the conversation that was going on it seemed that nobody had seen it. I am only on here a few times a month so I don't normally have time to search back for 8 days before I post :p

That image is clearly fake, IMO. It's way too unoriginal of an evolution for present GF, it just looks like a slightly larger, more elaborate version of Skrelp.

I think it is highly unlikely for Skrelp to evolve into a squid. Who the hell came up with that prediction? I honestly don't see where that is coming from at all. I think it's much more likely that it evolves into a more elaborate Sea Dragon or possibly something resembling a Lion Fish, especially given that it's Poison/Water type.

I would love it if Clauncher and Skrelp evolved to become like Charybdis and Scylla. I doubt that it would happen, but it would be awesome if it could.

That image is clearly fake, IMO. It's way too unoriginal of an evolution for present GF, it just looks like a slightly larger, more elaborate version of Skrelp.

I think it is highly unlikely for Skrelp to evolve into a squid. Who the hell came up with that prediction? I honestly don't see where that is coming from at all. I think it's much more likely that it evolves into a more elaborate Sea Dragon or possibly something resembling a Lion Fish, especially given that it's Poison/Water type.

It was speculated due to it's evo's name being rumored to have Kraken in it.

My thoughts were, if it was an octopus or squid, it would be a play on the growth of camoflage, maybe even a ghillie suit? Textures and parts that are often found on camoflaging squids,cuttlefish,and octopus as part of their defense mechanism, while it's poisonous capabilities could be attributed to a Blue Ring octopus.

It is likely that the 'Kraken' part of the name, if it's real, may just be a name-thing and not really mean anything in the long run.

Other possibilites for it's evos may be a Pipefish, a true leafy seadragon/pygmy seahorse maybe based on the mythical hippocampus of which seahorses get their Genus name,or the venomous lionfish, a stonefish (also venomous), or even just an ugly Frogfish. There's so many variations it could evolve into if you're just going off of a camoflage-fish base.

Here's a question, do you think any of the new Fairy Types will get evolutions?

Personally, I can't see Swirlix or Flabebe getting evolutions, but possibly Spritzee.

I can see all three of Flabebe, Swirlix and Spritzee evolving. Flabebe, imo, should evolve into a Fairy/Grass type. And if Spritzee and Swirlix are exclusives then, if one evolves, I'm pretty sure the other will evolve too (both seem like they'll evolve to me anyway).

So far the only Pokemon which I don't think will have a pre-evolution or an evolution are Honedge and maybe Orotto. I guess Helioptile might not evolve, but I hope it does. And I think Gogoat will have a pre-evolution.

I can see all three of Flabebe, Swirlix and Spritzee evolving. Flabebe, imo, should evolve into a Fairy/Grass type. And if Spritzee and Swirlix are exclusives then, if one evolves, I'm pretty sure the other will evolve too (both seem like they'll evolve to me anyway).

So far the only Pokemon which I don't think will have a pre-evolution or an evolution are Honedge and maybe Orotto. I guess Helioptile might not evolve, but I hope it does. And I think Gogoat will have a pre-evolution.

I think honedge will evolve because even though it is clearly a sword its species name is the dagger pokemon, the only reason I can think of for this is that its evo will be the sword pokemon.

we did see the movie again yesterday and orotto is a cyclops, and the new sketches on serebii and the one by viper.fox on pokebeach are correct.

and someone mentioned how can you not tell if its a cyclops or not --- it was just hard to tell! the design of the eye kind of goes across the whole top of its head and it flashes by very fast, or so it feels when you try to take the whole scene in at once and cannot pause the images. i also know why we all gave it big tree tops in our original speed doodles... the background is all green and with only a quick glance (all we got) i think we saw the green leafy background as being its head.

hoping to get the official images on the site tomorrow or something. very odd, as i believe this is the first pokemon japan has officially gotten first and it's taking them a while to reveal it elsewhere. i almost feel guilty to have seen it twice and nobody else in other countries has. this is a strange feeling but i like it too, all countries getting things together, and it being weird to have something japan exclusive!

The only one I could easily see not having any evolutionary relatives is Flabebe, for some reason I can't really imagine it having either a pre-evolution or an evolution. Spritzee and Swirlix I'm almost sure will evolve at least once, and I think Honedge and Helioptile have a good chance as well (haunted suit of armor pls). If I recall correctly we got a blurry glimpse of what looked very much like a Gogoat pre-evolution in the trailer when it was revealed months back.

Anyway, I had been hoping they'd go down the hippocampus route with little Skrelp, but I guess a Kraken could be interesting.

I am assuming that by hippocampus, you mean that Capricorn-like half-horse and half-fish thing... right? If Skrelp evolves into something like that, it would be really great (even better than a Kraken-based evolution, actually). If you mean the regular fish, then meh. :c

The only one I could easily see not having any evolutionary relatives is Flabebe, for some reason I can't really imagine it having either a pre-evolution or an evolution.

Flabébé is four inches tall. It's going to have at least one evolution.

Personally I'm hoping for a 3 stage Flabébé line.

Base Stage/Fairy - Flabébé - The type of flower that is held depends on the area, but is not a forme difference.
Stage 1/Fairy/Grass - A larger Flabébé with larger, slightly drooping ears. It carries it's flower almost like an umbrella in order for the flower to gain more sunlight and in turn giving Flabébé more energy and strength.
Stage 2/Fairy/Grass - A taller and slimmer Stage 1 that has several different formes depending on the flower that was being held as a Stage 1. The flower is now apart of the Pokémon and acts almost like a hat. The color scheme and Ability of this Pokémon changes depending on the flower, and each flower protects the pokémon from a certain status ailment (So five formes for Burn, Freeze, Paralysis, Sleep and Poison).

I'll be disappointed if Flabebe doesn't evolve. I don't particularly like Flabebe itself, but I think it has great potential to evolve into something really unique.

Personally I'm hoping for a 3 stage Flabébé line.

Base Stage/Fairy - Flabébé - The type of flower that is held depends on the area, but is not a forme difference.
Stage 1/Fairy/Grass - A larger Flabébé with larger, slightly drooping ears. It carries it's flower almost like an umbrella in order for the flower to gain more sunlight and in turn giving Flabébé more energy and strength.
Stage 2/Fairy/Grass - A taller and slimmer Stage 1 that has several different formes depending on the flower that was being held as a Stage 1. The flower is now apart of the Pokémon and acts almost like a hat. The color scheme and Ability of this Pokémon changes depending on the flower, and each flower protects the pokémon from a certain status ailment (So five formes for Burn, Freeze, Paralysis, Sleep and Poison).

I love this idea. Hopefully they come up with a similar awesome idea.

LOL, I forgot those, my bad. Still, Dragon/Flying remains the most common combination among Dragon Pokémon, so my pooint stands: counting Dragon/Flying as an uncommon type combo is not really true.

4 Pokemon out of 650 have the type that's pretty uncommon if you ask me (4 dragons out of 29 total, and 4 flying out of 84 total). And besides the four Pokemon I mentioned, we haven't had a new Dragon/Flying type for ten years, so yeah, it is an uncommon type.

It's not common in terms of quantity, but Dragonite has been for 17 years one of the most popular Pokémon of all time. Salamence is relatively popular, to a lesser extent than Dragonite, but still easily recognizable. Rayquaza is a game mascot, that's enough. Altaria is arguably the least recurrent of the four, but still gets a little of attention due to being a Dragon-type Pokémon that doesn't look as a dragon at all.

So, in the collective memory, Dragon/Flying is VERY common. Let alone competitive gaming..

And while swapping types doesn't affect game mechanics at all, a primary Flying pokémon definitely gets a novelty factor that calls attention.

Back
Top Bottom