• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Mega-Mewtwo: 353 HP at level 100 => keeps normal Mewtwo's 106 base HP
353 HP with a base stat of 106 corresponds to a maximum IV if we assume zero EVs. I think that your other calculations are unreliable due to the IV assumption.

Oh, you're right.

I was based on previous trailers and images where old Pokémon were featured too, and all of them had the lowest HP possible with zero IV and EV. Now I rewatched a trailer and a Lv.30 Froakie with 66 HP appeared, that gives 44 base at best.

While IVs are likely random, I seriously doubt GF would bother on EV training for a demo footage. So I think assuming zero or nearly-zero EV is OK. With that, still we can estimate with a certain margin. I'm at holiday and I'm pretty much bored so I guess I'll waste some time rewatching trailers and recalculating...

EDIT. In previous trailers I found:
Chespin Lv.15, 42 HP. Lv.25, 63 HP => At best, 45 base HP
Fennekin Lv.14, 36 HP. Lv.35, 76 HP => Between 43 and 45 base HP.
Froakie Lv.50, 101 HP => 41 base HP almost for sure
Helioptile Lv.25, 59 HP => Between 46 and 49 base HP
Noivern Lv.80, 226 HP => Between 70 and 85 base HP
Flabébé Lv.30, 66 HP => Between 28 and 44 base HP
Sylveon, either 95 or 110 base HP

Last edited:

Flabebe learning Razor Leaf has me even more hopeful that it'll evolve into Fairy/Grass, and it'll definitely be on my team if it does. It's actually one of my favourite new Pokemon, and I love its attacking animation so much.

Hopefully Litleo evolves into Fire/Poison and loses Unnerve as its ability, and gains intimidate upon evolving. If Fennekin and Litleo both gain different secondary typings, I'll be much more at ease with having them both on my team.

I'd actually like it better if Flabebe was a pure fairy type that just got good grass coverage in its moves. Making it fairy/grass just seems to... obvious, I guess.

I'd actually like it better if Flabebe was a pure fairy type that just got good grass coverage in its moves. Making it fairy/grass just seems to... obvious, I guess.

Perhaps as it goes to evolve it winds up fusing with the flower it holds making it a Fairy/Grass Type (just a thought). I will say that Flabébé is kind of weird to me due to the fact that its lower body pretty looks like a flower stem yet it lacks the Grass typing, maybe just me though : /

But then it wouldn't get STAB from them~ At least if it maybe gained the Grass type later on it could be used to it's full potential.

Perhaps as it goes to evolve it winds up fusing with the flower it holds making it a Fairy/Grass Type (just a thought). I will say that Flabébé is kind of weird to me due to the fact that its lower body pretty looks like a flower stem yet it lacks the Grass typing, maybe just me though : /

Flabebe's lower body is not part of the flower. It is holding onto the flower, just like Kadabra and Alakazam hold onto spoons, or cubone and marowak hold their bone clubs. I think that's mentioned on the website. The quote is "It clings to a flower early on, and then cares for it for its entire life. Because of this, Flabébé may be found holding flowers of different colors. "

It honestly reminds me of Dandelion seeds(Or other flying seeds), but that may just be because of size and shape, my grandpa called those 'fairies' a long time ago.

My only problem with Flabebe evolving into a fairy/grass pokemon is that, well, grass just sucks as a type...Other than that however, I think it's logical and would be a cool combination. Also Bunnelby evolving into a ground type is a reasonable hypothesis, considering that its showcased move is 'dig' and it's specifically noted to do so in it's dex description.

Flabebe's lower body is not part of the flower. It is holding onto the flower, just like Kadabra and Alakazam hold onto spoons, or cubone and marowak hold their bone clubs. I think that's mentioned on the website. The quote is "It clings to a flower early on, and then cares for it for its entire life. Because of this, Flabébé may be found holding flowers of different colors. "

It honestly reminds me of Dandelion seeds(Or other flying seeds), but that may just be because of size and shape, my grandpa called those 'fairies' a long time ago.

Ummm... I know that lol. That's why I said that maybe when it goes to evolve its body could probably fuse with the flower its holding on to. The lower body part I'm talking about is this...

Flabébé.png

Which I actually do think looks like a flower stem imo.

Sylveon is pretty damn bulky to take a Life Orb, Hydro Pump, in the rain like that.

Not only that, but it took it surprisingly well. The minimum damage modification for that Hydro Pump that landed a critical on Sylveon is 4.9725 I think. Almost 5x (and it could be over 5x if the random damage calculator in the equation was closer to 1) and it dealt less than 2/3 of Sylveon's HP in damage. I'm not an expert, but I think Sylveon either has amazing Sp. Def. (and hopefully physical Def. as well) or HP or both.

Most likely both for it to take it that well it probably has 110/130 in both HP and Special defense so it's safe to say we have a more offensive Umbreon on our hands.

Well, the Eeveelutions each have these numbers arranged in their BSTs: 130, 110, 95, 65, 65, 60

Sylveon's Speed has to be either 65 or 60 (it moved after Politoed in both turns and Poli's is 70). It's a safe bet that its HP and Sp. Def are the two highest. Based on its special attacking power, I'd guess its special attack is maybe the 95? Or maybe 65? I'm not sure on that one. So here's a possible spread:

HP: 110
Attack: 60
Defense: 65
Sp. Attack: 95
Sp. Defense: 130
Speed: 65

Sylveon's spread is probably going to be (hoping for anyway):
HP 110
Attack 60
Defense 65
Sp Atk 95
Sp Def 130
Speed 65

oops, you beat me to it XD sorry, I honestly didn't see yours until just now.

I'd like to think Sylveon would be contrast Umbreon since they're promoting a contrast between Fairy and Dark, so I'd imagine that the spread would be exactly like Umbreon's but the physical and special stats are reversed:

HP-95
Atk-60
Def-130
SAtk-65
SDef-110
Spd-65

I think this is better than a 65 base defense spread as well since dragons are physically offensive so it helps its cause as a dragon killer.

I'd like to think Sylveon would be contrast Umbreon since they're promoting a contrast between Fairy and Dark, so I'd imagine that the spread would be exactly like Umbreon's but the physical and special stats are reversed:

HP-95
Atk-60
Def-130
SAtk-65
SDef-110
Spd-65

I think this is better than a 65 base defense spread as well since dragons are physically offensive so it helps its cause as a dragon killer.

You also have to keep in mind Sylveon was able to OHKO Hydreigon and Haxorus with Moonblast and I don't think a base 65 Special Attack stat could do that.

I'm really curious about Dedenne's stats. I'm assuming it will have high speed like the other Electric rodents. I wonder if it being smaller than the others is an indication that it might be weaker. We were pretty lucky with Emolga's relatively usable attacking stats.

Sylveon is pretty damn bulky to take a Life Orb, Hydro Pump, in the rain like that.

Not only that, but it took it surprisingly well. The minimum damage modification for that Hydro Pump that landed a critical on Sylveon is 4.9725 I think. Almost 5x (and it could be over 5x if the random damage calculator in the equation was closer to 1) and it dealt less than 2/3 of Sylveon's HP in damage. I'm not an expert, but I think Sylveon either has amazing Sp. Def. (and hopefully physical Def. as well) or HP or both.

Most likely both for it to take it that well it probably has 110/130 in both HP and Special defense so it's safe to say we have a more offensive Umbreon on our hands.

Well, the Eeveelutions each have these numbers arranged in their BSTs: 130, 110, 95, 65, 65, 60

Sylveon's Speed has to be either 65 or 60 (it moved after Politoed in both turns and Poli's is 70). It's a safe bet that its HP and Sp. Def are the two highest. Based on its special attacking power, I'd guess its special attack is maybe the 95? Or maybe 65? I'm not sure on that one. So here's a possible spread:

HP: 110
Attack: 60
Defense: 65
Sp. Attack: 95
Sp. Defense: 130
Speed: 65

Sylveon's spread is probably going to be (hoping for anyway):
HP 110
Attack 60
Defense 65
Sp Atk 95
Sp Def 130
Speed 65

oops, you beat me to it XD sorry, I honestly didn't see yours until just now.

While I wish it was faster, that sounds pretty good to me!

I'm really curious about Dedenne's stats. I'm assuming it will have high speed like the other Electric rodents. I wonder if it being smaller than the others is an indication that it might be weaker. We were pretty lucky with Emolga's relatively usable attacking stats.

It doesn't look like it would be as fast as some of the previous pika clones... Maybe this one will be a little bulkier with a focus on Sp.Def? I can't see it having high HP because it's so tiny, and I also can't see it having high Def. Above all else, I'd love to see it evolve!

Sylveon's Speed has to be either 65 or 60 (it moved after Politoed in both turns and Poli's is 70).

Trick Room was active; that Sylveon was faster than Politoed.

Edit: Ok, a clearer video has surfaced. Seems the Politoed is EV'd in HP having the max possible HP it can have at Lv.50. I guess the entire team is meant for Trick Room. The Politoed could be Quiet and have the minimum speed possible at Lv.50 (81), in which case Sylveon could be base 65 Speed with a neutral Speed nature and no EVs (85) and be faster than that Politoed (which would be why it went second in Trick Room). (But it could still also be naturally faster as we can't see any of Sylveon's stats.)

Also

malamarentrance_zpsa55dbb02.png

Malamar's entrance, with its feet together looking more squid-like! Awesome!

Gamescom demo shows Bunnelby knows Quick Attack and Fennekin learns Lucky Chant.

Last edited:

Damn, that Power Whip animation looks so sick at the 4:30 mark!

HP-95
Atk-60
Def-130
SAtk-65
SDef-110
Spd-65

You also have to keep in mind Sylveon was able to OHKO Hydreigon and Haxorus with Moonblast and I don't think a base 65 Special Attack stat could do that.

Also, while a better Defense stat than 65 would be great, having a 95 Sp. Attack in exchange for it isn't a bad trade. That way it can be a better attacker. And it does seem like it has decent power behind it based on its battle footage.

Sylveon's Speed has to be either 65 or 60 (it moved after Politoed in both turns and Poli's is 70).

Trick Room was active; that Sylveon was faster than Politoed.

Edit: Ok, a clearer video has surfaced. Seems the Politoed is EV'd in HP having the max possible HP it can have at Lv.50. I guess the entire team is meant for Trick Room. The Politoed could be Quiet and have the minimum speed possible at Lv.50 (81), in which case Sylveon could be base 65 Speed with a neutral Speed nature and no EVs (85) and be faster than that Politoed (which would be why it went second in Trick Room). (But it could still also be naturally faster as we can't see any of Sylveon's stats.)

Hrm... I forgot that. And at this point it really could go either way based on your math... I think we can be certain that the 110 and 130 are with HP and Sp. Defense. 60 is almost definitely Attack. The 95 could be Defense, Sp. Attack, or Speed while the remaining two are 65... I'm still thinking actually that 95 is with Sp. Attack. Like you said, a 65 BP Speed can still be faster than Politoed, and their teams are obviously well trained. And really, who gives Politoed Speed EVs anyways? haha :p So I'm gonna go on a limb and say that the ones on my spread (and those who also use the same predictions) are still the most likely right now (I know I could easily be wrong, but...)

Last edited:

MegaMewtwo is amazing, Psystrike is probably my favorite move animation now

litleochespin_zpsdca3e633.png

Litleo in the demo knows Work Up, Headbutt, Noble Roar and Take Down.

A Shiny Flabébé was encountered a couple of days ago I would say...

94k9.jpg

It looks very cute to me. The bottom half of its body is purple and its crown seems to be a lighter shade of yellow, while its eye color and the blushes on its cheeks are darker. The flower pretty much stayed the same.

Overall not too drastic of a change but not too bad either.

Back
Top Bottom