• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Thank you, I was looking for it but I guess I failed miserably :)
I didn't even technically use the Search feature, I just loaded their userpage, clicked "Gallery", then clicked on their 'Pokemon' gallery folder, and voila! Right there on the page.

As for a potential Spritzee evo, I actually think Darksilvania's Vermingo makes a better design. It looks more flamingo-like. There's also Talkingbackwards' Spritzeevo which also looks pretty neat. XXD17's take doesn't carry the plague doctor theme, but it's also nicely done.

As for a potential Spritzee evo, I actually think Darksilvania's Vermingo makes a better design. It looks more flamingo-like. There's also Talkingbackwards' Spritzeevo which also looks pretty neat. XXD17's take doesn't carry the plague doctor theme, but it's also nicely done.

They are nice and all but I think that it'd be kind of disappointing for it to be flamingo sort I'm sorry to say but I would like the whole plague doctor theme that would be a bit more interesting IMO but it's just that an opinion but here's another that I thought was 'neat'
Spritzee evolution by ~kemo-mimiga on deviantART

Personally, I love this for Spritzee's evolution:

1373558961502.png

They are nice and all but I think that it'd be kind of disappointing for it to be flamingo sort I'm sorry to say but I would like the whole plague doctor theme that would be a bit more interesting IMO but it's just that an opinion but here's another that I thought was 'neat'
There's no reason the two can't be combined, but the problem I see with most Spritzee evos is putting too much emphasis on the "plague doctor" theme, at the expense of its resemblance to Spritzee itself.

I do like the ones like what Neptune posted. But I think something a bit more flamingo like would be good.

As long it keeps the plague doctor motif and not evolve into a generic flamingo, I'll love it.

I've seen a lot of evos for Swirlix that depict it as a dog or poodle, but I saw a different one that depicted it as a llama, which I think would be a good idea. Thoughts?

Even though it sort of has a plague doctor theme, tbh I don't see Spritzee evolving into something like that. From what we know of it, it seems like it's going to be scent-themed and such. We'll probably get some strange perfume-flamingo thing, though I'd really prefer the plague doctor theme. But keep in mind Kalos is based on a place known for its beauty and fashion and such. Besides, I'm not sure if GF would base an entire Pokemon around something as depressing as plagues XP. Then again, some of the Pokemon we have now are pretty questionable too (Lopunny for example, the friendly neighborhood Playboy bunny).

As far as Swirlix, I don't see it being a llama. Its body shape just doesn't fit. I see it as more dog-like, perhaps a poodle because of the poofy fur and such. But definitely don't see it as a llama.

As much as I've been wanting a llama/alpaca pokemon, Swirlix doesn't necessarily have any traits of one. The way it's paws are shaped and its tongue poking out hint at a dog I think.

They made Pokémon based on a lot of weird things, specially the Ghost-types, so I don't see why they wouldn't do one based on plague doctors. Spritzee's design (just look at the beak, it is a plague doctor's mask) plus the fact its ability is HEALER and its species name is called "Perfume Pokémon" clearly hints that it is related/based to/on plague doctors. If anything, I find hard to see Spritzee evolving into a regular flamingo. After all, besides Spritzee being a pink bird, there is nothing "flamingo-like" in its design. As for Swirlix, it has potential to evolve into the first non-extremely-generic dog-like Pokémon. I really hope they don't ruin its evolution's design.

There's no reason the two can't be combined, but the problem I see with most Spritzee evos is putting too much emphasis on the "plague doctor" theme, at the expense of its resemblance to Spritzee itself.

I understand but everyone is going to like something different and it'd be something unique when most evolutions do have a resemblance to their previous evolution and this one didn't, you know? In the end it's up to GF to decide if they want to go with the whole plague doctor theme or not. Either way I would still enjoy it because its Pokemon and eventually the designs I didn't like grow on me and end up being a favorite of mine.

Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

I just cant wait to see if there any other new ghost Pokémon.

it'd be something unique when most evolutions do have a resemblance to their previous evolution and this one didn't, you know?

Like Clamperl evolving into Huntail? I still don't get how those two are related by evolution, they have literally nothing in common visually. Exeggcute may have evolved into a walking coconut tree but at least it kept the multiple heads....

Like Clamperl evolving into Huntail? I still don't get how those two are related by evolution, they have literally nothing in common visually. Exeggcute may have evolved into a walking coconut tree but at least it kept the multiple heads....

Huntail does have the same blue color scheme as clampearl and the white circles on its body do have a close resemblance to clampearls cheeks. Technically it does have some common things about it that are derived from Clampearl itself.

A clam evolving into an eel seems weird to me, but then again it might be some reference to mythology again, sort of like carps evolving into dragons or w/e (aka Magikarp > Gyarados). Eggs becoming a palm tree seems weird too, but hey, Pokemon's strong suit never was logic.

As for new Ghosts, Honedge is awesome and if Orroto is part Ghost, that'd be cool. I hope we get a few more solid Ghost and Poison Pokemon, as those are some of my favorite Types.

sort of like carps evolving into dragons or w/e (aka Magikarp > Gyarados). Eggs becoming a palm tree seems weird too, but hey, Pokemon's strong suit never was logic.

Magikarp/Gyarados is specifically a myth about a carp leaping over a waterfall to become a dragon.

Still, most Pokemon evolutions keep some visual resemblance to their base form. A pink baby flamingo that looks like a front yard ornament turning into an out-and-out plague doctor just feels like ... I dunno, Growlithe evolving into Houndoom or something.

I don't mind a plague doctor costume as a thematic basis (it will no doubt be portrayed positively, without references to the Black Death), I just mind that a lot of them look too different from Spritzee's base form.

Yeah, sometimes an evolution line just seems weird, but that's Pokemon for you.

I like the idea of a plague doctor theme, but yeah I don't think it's going to be anything directly relating to or referencing anything like the Black Death. Yeah we have some weird Pokemon like Spiritomb, but even then that's not going into the territory of dealing with something like a plague or w/e.

inb4 Orotto is revealed and turns out to be an evo for Sudowoodo

So we did manage to get a new pokemon out of the direct today. Very subtle GF.

xcMpNoc.png

watch this be like a baby absol or something that would be mucho disappointment.

Wonder if it's a Swirlix evolution? Though it doesn't.. really match? Oh, who knows.

Back
Top Bottom