• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Aw, he looks so cute and derpy in one shot, but looks so tough/cool in the others. I definitely want one of those on my team at some point.

Thing looks solid. Apparently not the manticore people were expecting.

Looks Fire/Normal still.

Dislike.
Missed opportunity for a BA Fire/Dark.
houndoom?

edit: i still want a manticore. i will have my fire/poison magic guard(or levitate) pokemon eventually!

Looks Fire/Normal still.

Dislike.
Missed opportunity for a BA Fire/Dark.
houndoom?

edit: i still want a manticore. i will have my fire/poison magic guard(or levitate) pokemon eventually!

I didn't say Fire/Dark didn't exist as a type combo. I'd rather have a useful Fire/Dark Pokemon.
Houndoom's sub-par, although I hope he gets an evo, then Mega this gen.

Well Pyroar is my new favourite - making me think of not even using Fennekin now at all because it just doesn't match up in awesomeness and it needs to if I'm going to justify two Fire types to myself.

Hoping for Fire/Poison, but it looks like it retains its Fire/Normal type. It better get a much better ability than unnerve as well.

Pyroar's general epicness makes up for how much I hated Litleo's design. Dat mane~! :-D

its mane looks like fire blast.

Yeah it has the fire kanji designed in its mane. That's pretty clever.
Just to be clear, Fire Blast doesn't use the fire kanji, but the kanji for "big" or "great". They do look similar, but they're quite distinct.

I really like Pyroar. It looks so awesome and I love its mane. I really hope that it isn't a Fire/Normal type still. I would hope that the Normal type is either dropped or more likely replaced with something else after evolving. Still, even if it is a Fire/Normal type, the design is far too awesome for me to ignore. Besides that, I've been planning on using Litleo, assuming that Pyroar is its evolved form, for my Y team for months, so I really doubt that I would change my mind at this point, especially with a design this good.

I'm a bit disappointed that the white Pokemon is a Normal type, but it isn't too surprising. Being able to cut it like a poodle is pretty cute though. I really like the new fossil Pokemon. They're so cute. A Rock/Dragon type is an interesting combination and the Ice/Rock type, despite having big weaknesses, is cute and the ability is pretty good. The Psychic cats are really cool. The female design works better for me with the darker colors, but I like the more unique gender differences they're going with them. The evolutions for Froakie and Fennekin are still good and while I'm still not a fan of Chespin's evolution, seeing more fanart of it might make it grow on me.

Hopefully Pyroar will be a male/female variation Pokemon, with the female without a mane.

I'm guessing, and Serebii seems to think, these pictures of Pyroar are from a press packet, probably with the stuff we'll see this weekend when the Official Site updates.

I think there's a chance we may have more Pokemon being revealed there instead of CoroCoro...I'm hoping for Orotto.

If Pyroar isn't Fire/Normal, then it's a type combination we'll have a Pokémon representative that we don't a final evolution representative of like Bug/Water.

I don't see any other Types in it to be honest, unless it loses Normal for some reason.

Well, there are instances of lionesses with manes in the wild, although it's pretty uncommon, so I suppose it could still be considered as weird. (it's definitely a scientific curiosity!)

Pyroar looks awesome. I didn't think much of Litleo, but its evolution is a beast.

Literally.

I can appreciation Pyroar's design but I have absolutely no desire to own one. I'll just catch one for the collection.

For about five seconds I was thinking it would make sense for Pyroar to have an ability like "Big Roar" that powers up sound based moves, but then I realized most sound moves are status moves and/or suck or are unlikely to be learnable by it. O_O

Oh well, there goes that idea...

Pyroar... I absolutely LOVE the name, it's gotta be said. The design isn't exactly what I was expecting, but it does look pretty cool. Shame it looks like it stays Fire/Normal, but oh well, it's not that big of a deal. Pyroar looks pretty regal.

Damn, there are too many cool Pokemon this gen, I have no idea what I'm going to use.

Pyroar almost definitely evolves from Litleo. Body color is same. Look at Pyroar's legs, then at Litleo.

240px-Pyroar.png
240px-Litleo.png

Back
Top Bottom