• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I wasn't getting my hopes too high about this, so I'm happy enough with what we got. I was hoping Honedge would evolve further, but this is nothing like what I expected. It looks like some sort of coat of arms symbol now. I'm assuming that it holds the double sheath with both arms now.

Fucking really?

It's not even a good or original gag Pokemon. It's Klink all over again: an idea that could be improved upon evolution, but instead we just get more gears/swords. I doubt it's going to convince people who dislike inanimate object Pokemon that they're worth training.

There better not be a third form named Thrice.

Wow, I really thought Honedge would be a standalone Pokemon. Its evolution is kind of blah, though. :/

Most people were thinking that because it had like one weakness...until the change to Steel was revealed and now it is weak to Dark and Ghost too.

I like honedge as much as the next guy but really? It is literally two honedges. I really hope there is a shield pokemon and this evolution turns to be something like if you level 2 honedges together you get this poke deal because at this point they are just giving genwunners ammo.

Oh, I just saw the picture winstein posted. I really like the look of it outside of of the sheaths.

Eh... what can I say.... I'm okay with it I guess. But a little more creativity would've been nice. Now it just seems like a Honedge x2 + color swap. I know this is the same case with Diglett/Dugtrio and Magnemite/Magneton, but after seeing so many awesome new designs, I'd expect more of a Honedge evolution.

It'll probably be a freaking boss in battle though.

Fucking really?

It's not even a good or original gag Pokemon. It's Klink all over again: an idea that could be improved upon evolution, but instead we just get more gears/swords. I doubt it's going to convince people who dislike inanimate object Pokemon that they're worth training.

Nobody expected it, so that kinda makes it original, or not? It's a coat of arms, it's cool. Animal-based Pokes that just mature are just as original.

Anyone else noticed that Doublade looks like X and Y combined?

Being something nobody expects=/=good idea.

Fucking really?

Nobody expected it, so that kinda makes it original, or not? It's a coat of arms, it's cool. Animal-based Pokes that just mature are just as original.
But if your mom or sister surprised you by visiting your home when you didn't expect her to come over, that wouldn't make her original.

Coat of arms, eh. They literally just recolored Honedge, stuck two together, and but a little plaque on the back. A coat of arms would be something new, and dual wielding would have been a nice idea if done right, but they could have at least changed the sword's designs up a bit.

9l74.png

makes me not want Honedge >.<

The sword design has changed, the sheath is different and the handle has a cut-crescent shape.

Personally I like how the two swords are symmetrical, with their cut-crescents forming a full crescent, and their sheaths forming an arrow in the center.

My dislike of asymmetrical pokemon really doesn't help this thing's case either.

I sincerely hope this thing evolves even further. My body is made out of swords.

By the way, am I the only one that saw the particular shade of pink, their enthusiastic eye expression and thought they were ... bow chicka wow wow?

Honestly, what I would have liked to see as an Honedge evo with dual wielding would have two, upgraded Honedge with the ribbons tied together, mimicking arms. Doublade's blades don't look that much bigger than Honedge, and they're still bland. There's a lot of room to improve from Honedge's design, and they went with this.

I'm sure I'll grow to tolerate this Pokemon -right now I'm at a mild disdain- but there's a lot of wasted potential here. I'd hope for an evolution that could salvage it, but I'm a little afraid of what they'd do with it.

Honestly, I might be more generous to this thing if I hadn't been waiting a few hours for it to show up. But someone was just REALLY excited to release this Pokemon apparently, as opposed to Helioptile (so we could see if that leak held any water) Flabebe, Clauncher, Skrelp...basically anything but Honedge.

My dislike of asymmetrical pokemon really doesn't help this thing's case either.

How is this asymmetrical? It's one of the most symmetrical Pokemon I've seen with both sides working together to from a single shape.

There better not be a third form named Thrice.
It'll be Tri-Edge. Oh, wait.

I kinda predicted this to happen. Out of the revealed Kalos Pokémon, this was the most likely to have its evolution revealed, I think, if there was only going to be one evolution revealed.

Although I wasn't too fond of the design at first, the more I look at it, the more I like many of the smaller details of the design. I think it's a rather interesting Pokémon.

Yeah, now that I noticed the design changes, I am starting to like Doublade a bit more. I am still most likely not using though, I am just not a fan of this 'model' of evolution. Well, unless it is extremely useful and the rest of the Gen VI dex sucks, which will likely not be the case.

Back
Top Bottom