• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Look forward to Wednesday's reveal they said. It could be a cool looking evolution they said.

I'm sorry but this is a punch to the gut for me.

The fact it's a coat of arms is cool. Unlike Magneton and friends though, Doublade actually changes the individuals. The sheath on Honedge has a different pattern than Doublade's, the top of the sheath is different, with the right having a spike to the right, same but with left for left. Plus, there's something holding them together, and then there's the Brown being lighter and the pink.

I want an eco with three swords and a shield. The three swords are crossed diagonal and one vertical. Swords sheath becomes gold and banner thingies/Eyes red. Sword is same, and the sheath top is spiked on top. Shield is like Link's, but decorated same as sheaths and a huge red eye. Once UN-sheathed, swords hold onto sheaths with their cloth, the sheaths are attached to shield. One points sword tip pointing up, whole sword vertical. Other two do the same, but. Downwards diagonal.

How is this asymmetrical? It's one of the most symmetrical Pokemon I've seen with both sides working together to from a single shape.
Hardly. One blade is behind the other. The fact that the pokemon will actually have depth in this game will make that abundantly clear.

How is this asymmetrical? It's one of the most symmetrical Pokemon I've seen with both sides working together to from a single shape.
Hardly. One blade is behind the other. The fact that the pokemon will actually have depth in this game will make that abundantly clear.

I'd still consider them symmetrical since the design in the center ends up being a symmetrical shape.

First Gen 6 pokemon i actualy dislike, I'm fine with Honedge but not with his evolution. This is Magnemite, Diglett and Klink all over again...

Last edited:

All I can say is this:

9e2.jpg

I was excited up until this point, I was hoping for a newer gen evolution of an older Pokemon, since the only one we've gotten is Sylveon and the rest has been essentially Mega Evolutions and Megas only. Yes it's nice that we're getting an evolution for a Gen 6 Pokemon, but I was hoping Honedge's evo would be a sword/shield combo, or a humanoid with Honedge as it's sword, but this is just two Honedges glued together with their coloring changed, it's Klink and Magnemite all over again. No offense, but this is probably the first Gen 6 Pokemon I really dislike, move over Sylveon, there's a new Gen 6 Pokemon in my "least favorite Gen 6 Pokemon" slot.

Honestly, I would rather have them reveal Helioptile's evolution, or make another Eeveelution, anything other than this. Game Freak I am disappoint...

Last edited:

@Robo-Floatzel; I think you are setting yourself up for disappointments, hoping for evolutions for old Pokémon. Really, that is most likely not happening.

Doublade >>> New eevelution btw, at least it has some originality in its design unlike eevees.

I think Doublade is cool. All you guys that are disappointed, it's your own fault for getting so hype over rumors and your own personal expectations. Don't take it out on the Pokemon because you didn't get what you wanted.

If you don't like it, fine. There are plenty of other Pokemon waiting to be seen. But please don't muck up the reveal by throwing tantrums.

See, it's not a completely horrible evolution. It appears to be somewhat interesting, compared to things like Magnamite and Klink. Plus, it has a fun typing. But as a stand-alone, official reveal; yawn. I don't mind the "inanimate object come to life" 'mons, and depending on other options, this may even have a place on my team. I'm just disappointed that they seemed to think this was more worthy of a reveal than something brand-new or at least an evolution of something people care about, like Helioptile.

I'm not disappointed we got this evolution instead of something like Helipotile or an old pokemon. What's disappointing is just the fact that GF thought this was a good idea. Inanimate object pokemon are historically poorly received; just look at the gear and ice cream lines from last gen. Honedge was a generally neat concept though still had a lot of people bitching simply because it's more or less a sword. They could have left the line at that and given the thing decent stats, or, if they did want to evolve it, do something with a shield or a haunted suit of armor. Just making a crest just isn't going to win over a large body of people.

I'd still consider them symmetrical since the design in the center ends up being a symmetrical shape.
You can do that. You'd be wrong, but feel free to think so anyway.

Doublade will evolve, and it will add several axes, swords, spears and a flying golden hindu spaceship and a sword (that is actuall a drill ... thing) that splits apart heaven and earth.

I think its design is shockingly lazy.
But!, like Vanilluxe and Magneton, I still love it.

Really, how can people hate the adorable cuteness that is the Vanillite family :C

I think Doublade is cool. All you guys that are disappointed, it's your own fault for getting so hype over rumors and your own personal expectations. Don't take it out on the Pokemon because you didn't get what you wanted.

If you don't like it, fine. There are plenty of other Pokemon waiting to be seen. But please don't muck up the reveal by throwing tantrums.
So they tell us we'll get a new Pokemon, keep us waiting specifically to get us excited, and it's our fault that they choose to release this instead of any other Pokemon they had lying in wait?

Yeah, I know I am taking out my frustrations on it, but even if I wasn't hyped up I'd still dislike it. It's a disappointing design for a concept that had some potential. I feel that my criticisms on the Pokemon are justified.

Edit: Gonna take a break from this thread since so many people are posting and it's moving way too fast to catch up. I'll be paying attention to VMs or whatever if anyone wants to talk to me specifically.

I'm pretty sure it's only really the west that dislikes the Vanilluxe line, I'm pretty sure it's better received in Japan. Probably why we see it in Kalos on a car and on Tierno's shirt.

I don't see how I'm wrong though, the two blades intersect in the center and form an arrow. Their hilts form a single crescent. There's definitely a sense of symmetry to it that I like.

We have as much right to be disappointed in this as you do to like it. And this is a forum. For letting these opinions out. I will say that it isn't terrible, but why did they have to release this today? Finding it in the game, okay, sure. I might have raised an eyebrow, but at the very least it wouldn't have been hyped up for three days before going TADA.

Its alright. I'll probably use one at some point, because I try and use everything that isn't garbage at least once (No, I have used Garbodor). It just does not deserve this hype spot when they could be releasing more fairy types. Or evolutions of the pokemon we really want to see evolve.

The Klink line was actually one of my favourite Pokémon designs of Gen 5. Maybe I'm just a big fan of mechanical stuff. Adding gears onto gears makes a lot of sense from a design standpoint though. Magneton and Dugtrio didn't really make as much sense.

Two swords doesn't really seem to make much sense on the surface, but the subtle design changes makes me think there's quite a bit more to the design then what's under the surface.

Well, I was considering using Honedge on my team. Now I'm not going to. I never liked those Dugtrio/Klink/Dodrio esque evolutions and I never will. The exception is Magneton because I actually find that one makes sense, plus Magnezone changed it up for the better.

Honedge would've been cooler if it evolved into some haunted sword of armor or gained a shield with it.

Wasn't this Game Freak's English localization team that revealed this?
Don't they know how much the west hated the triple Pokemon? I honestly think they're purposely rustling jimmies :3

@Robo-Floatzel; I think you are setting yourself up for disappointments, hoping for evolutions for old Pokémon. Really, that is most likely not happening.

Doublade >>> New eevelution btw, at least it has some originality in its design unlike eevees.

So, you're saying that it's going to be ALL Mega Evolutions? Well, let me just say that I DON'T like Sylveon, I think it looks way too girly in my opinion, plus I'm not a big fan of the Eeveelutions. Also, I constantly feel that Mega Evolutions are nothing more than an excuse to not make new actual evolutions of older Pokemon, including the ones that I feel deserve evolutions.

No offense to anyone who likes Sylveon or the Megas, but this is just my opinion on them.

Well, I was considering using Honedge on my team. Now I'm not going to. I never liked those Dugtrio/Klink/Dodrio esque evolutions and I never will. The exception is Magneton because I actually find that one makes sense, plus Magnezone changed it up for the better.

Honedge would've been cooler if it evolved into some haunted sword of armor or gained a shield with it.

Agreed, Magneton may have just been three magnets, but at least it made sense with the magnetism theme it had, I don't like Diglett or Dugtrio because they look dull in my opinion (Drilbur and Excadrill are better). I wanted that evolution you mentioned as well.

Wasn't this Game Freak's English localization team that revealed this?
Don't they know how much the west hated the triple Pokemon? I honestly think they're purposely rustling jimmies :3

Yeah, Game Freak is definitely trolling us with this Pokemon, they know people don't like Pokemon like this most of the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom