• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

So I guess we should have all seen this coming since nearly all of Honedge's names translated to "one blade" or "one thrust" type of translations....but why did it turn pink?

Honestly, I was hoping it would turn into a nicer looking sword. Now I'm stuck with two ugly swords.

Judging by this description:

It is capable of carrying out intricate attacks by telepathically coordinating its two blades to deliver twice the slice in battle.

It's one spirit possessing two swords? I guess that's why it counts as a single Pokemon. I guess this is a bit more unique than Magneton, Dugrio, and even Metagross as those ones are separate Pokemon coming together (though it Metagross' case, the separate consciousness seems to interweave with each other)

I know people are still talking about Doublade, but I'm curious about the name of Tyrantrum. What does it stand for? Tyrant + Nostrum?

tantrum....

Last edited:

After finding out what Doublade actually is, and the potential for how it may develop further, I actually quite like it now.

I think Duoblade's design is absolutely fine. If its really this generations magnemite then I hope the final evolution looks awesome.

I don't really mind it, for a split second I was like "wut"

But I don't feel my imagination being stretched by a ghost deciding to haunt two swords instead of one (or even two ghosts bonding so closely telepathically they are essentially one unit).

It's easy for me to see someone with a pair of swords strapped to their lower back also like these things are put together.

All in all I think I like the evo better than the initial form.

Last edited:

Meh... I actually liked it better before the evolution. Honedge's design was perfectly fine imo, but idk. I don't hate Doublade, but I really really hope it gets another evolution with a cooler design. The other thing, I don't care for their ability, No Guard. If they get a move like Guillotine, then it will be useful probably. But I would've highly preferred something else like Levitate.

I wasn't a big fan of Doublade until I noticed it has Starfleet's insignia on it.
doubladerough.png mVOSg.gif

Has anyone noticed that Hitotsuki was revealed by Matsuda himself and now its evolution was hyped and revealed on Facebook? What is so special about Hitotsuki to be treated like this? Unless *god forbides* it is thr pseudo-legendary of the region O-O

Maybe they just like it? I know I do.

What a disappointment. I really dislike Magnemite/Klink-esque evolutions.

There's always something I wondered about Honedge for some time, and that is whether it has gender or not. Normally, a mineral-based Pokemon don't have them, but I wanted to see that screen where there is Honedge battling any Pokemon from the Pokemon Smash demo.

honedge_attack_2_0_by_nekorory-d6g7vef.gif

The one in the screenshots is a male, if you didn't notice. I was surprised that Honedge has gender. Looking at past comments about gender difference on Doublade, I suppose everyone else already guessed that that is the case?

Thanks for reading.

Any chance we might get new " accidental" leaks from IGN today?

Pretty sure Doublade is our news this week.

Oooh come one!! I need my weekly leak-pills!!!! <<

I can see the next evolution of Doublade...

TRICALIBUR!

Totally original.

There's always something I wondered about Honedge for some time, and that is whether it has gender or not. Normally, a mineral-based Pokemon don't have them, but I wanted to see that screen where there is Honedge battling any Pokemon from the Pokemon Smash demo.

honedge_attack_2_0_by_nekorory-d6g7vef.gif

The one in the screenshots is a male, if you didn't notice. I was surprised that Honedge has gender. Looking at past comments about gender difference on Doublade, I suppose everyone else already guessed that that is the case?

Thanks for reading.

There was a screenshot a while back, I think for Pokemon Bank/Transporter, that showed a female Magnezone, which was later replaced with a screenshot showing Magnezone properly genderless. So it's possible it's actually genderless, though I don't think it necessarily is.

As for gender differences, I don't think they'd show us one stage of one gender and the other stage of the other without mentioning it.

Oh, Doublade is based on a coat of arms? I guess that does make sense. A suit of armor or something still would've been cooler, imo, but at least there's actually a reason for the two blades, it seems. I like it a little more now.

@winstein;

If its a spirit possessing a sword, maybe that's why it has a gender.

@winstein;

If its a spirit possessing a sword, maybe that's why it has a gender.

You might have a point. It's just that it's odd that now something that doesn't really resemble something with gender have gender. Sure, there are some mineral-based Pokemon with gender like Steelix and Garbodor, but at least they have a more "organic" form, so in that case, it's justified that a mineral-like Pokemon have gender.

Thanks for reading.

Rants

- For me , Talonflame is a disappointment as a fire bird Pokemon .
I mean , When I think about A Fire Brid Pokemon , I imagine a Big Phoenix/Eagle like Pokemon who's over 4.11 Or 5.11 cm tall and emit flame with one flap of its wing and has flaming wing.
But Talonflame doesn't have any of this trait .
It doesn't even look like a Final Stage Pokemon , It look more like a Middle Stage Pokemon.
And Its said to be merely 3'11 cm tall but to me it look more 2.11 cm tall .

-I'm also kind a disappointed in Tyranturm's size .
I mean , Its a gad dam T-rex .
It should be atleast as Big as a Golurk .

we already have 2 big phoenix-like firebirds.. they are the legendary pokemon :p

i like talonflame, he doesnt look absurdly complicated, but hes also not another drab normal/flying. and he'll be the first non legendary bird to get STAB on heat wave (which i hope he gets.. its too perfect an opportunity)

and *shrug* sizes have never bothered me, because the games and anime have already been inconsistant on some things (like how short pokemon like blastoise and charizard are in the pokedex compared to how tall they appear in the show.. well unless everyone is a midget)

Back
Top Bottom