• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion (Megas go in Mega thread)

I've traded like 15+ Scatterbugs in the past 2 hours eesh. If any of you want the Hawaii/Ocean pattern lemme know. Happy to trade for another Vivillion pattern straight up.

what would you want for it?

Any know when's the earliest we can find Clauncher?

Might set my 3DS to another region when I start so I get a cool Vivillon, don't want a Garden (UK) one.

Also, I think I've worked out how Nintendo are going to try and excuse the poor amount of new Pokemon.
There are 69 new Pokemon plus 28 Mega forms which makes 97 and then probably 3 event legends to make 100. I don't this is acceptable however.

Now that there are so many Pokemon already, Gamefreak have probably decided to begin introducing less Pokemon every new generation.

What was Nintendo thinking when they made Heliolisk?

Seriously, Nintendo and Gamefreak, why did you create such a monster? This Pokemon is going to be seen literally everywhere.

On one hand, with Dry Skin, you have a Pokemon who can break rain teams by being an unkillable staller thanks to the Dry Skin + Leftovers combo, or by tearing them apart with a STAB-backed, perfectly accurate Thunder.

On the other hand, with Sand Veil, you have a Pokemon who's going to be mandatory on sand teams, as it can destroy Water type Pokemon, which happen to be a counter to Ground.

This Pokemon is going to have a huge impact in competitive play this generation.

Last edited:
Re: What was Nintendo thinking when they made Heliolisk?

#695 - Heliolisk (Electric/Normal)
Base 60/65/50/120/100/120
Sand Veil / Dry Skin

Yeah....I don't think this thing would be much of an unkillable staller with those defenses and there are probably much better things on a sand team than this. It's special stats and speed are great, but its HP is lackluster.

They obviously weren't thinking about the metagame. Do they ever put that into consideration?

They obviously weren't thinking about the metagame. Do they ever put that into consideration?

I guess they just thought rain teams were too strong. Can't blame them, they really are, at least in BW2.

Punch it in the face with a fighting-type move and/or don't use weather?

And weather is getting nerfed anyway.

I don't know what Nintendo was thinking when they made Aromitisse.

It's so ugly it's mother didn't love it. It's dex entry even mentions that it smells terrible.

I kind of see Heliolisk as having potential in three weathers. It has Dry Skin, Sand Veil, and more importantly, Solar Power (Hidden Ability). Still didn't know the whole details, but I can see Mach Punch being a very important attack to dispatch Heliolisk.

Thanks for reading.

I saw this generation legendarys and their skills and they look amazing. Not sure if it should be here or what but any images from old gen Legendarys or amazing old pokemons (like Ilusion with Zoroark) animations/in-game appearence? I can see moves like Sacred Fire and Aerial Ace having amazing animations. Anything on these?
Also imagine Girantina/Dialga/Palkia entrance animation, they should be epic.

One Pokemon that caught my interest is Gourgeist. It is interesting because it has two things going for it: One, it has variable stats depending on size. The smaller it is, the faster it is. The larger it is, the more HP and Attack is has. the second thing going for it is the Fire coverage. It is one of the special few Grass-types that have Fire attacks, if Ludicolo is counted (Fire Punch). It gets Flamethrower, Fire Blast and even Flame Charge. Here's hoping it gets Fire Punch next time because that will help it immensely.

The only problem is that its Special movepool is a more attractive selection compared to its Physical one, so here's hoping it has some great thing to select in the future.

Thanks for reading.

Avalugg: because the one thing a glass cannon type needed was an absurdly slow pokemon with great physical defense (yet no special defense!). Seriously, what's with Ice always being slow. Glass cannons can't afford to be slow, they need the ability to get in, hit hard, and leave a trail of destruction before something obliterates it. Avalugg does have impressive defense and attack, I'll admit that. But a pokemon with so many weaknesses really isn't a danger when it gets one attack in at best.

When will there be an Ice type that actually goes full glass cannon mode? Until there's a speedy sweeping threat, Ice will continue to be the universal punching bag.

Trick room would be a scary place with this thing, though.

P.S. I'm still putting an Avalugg on my team. Should absolutely wreck anything not Fire in-game.

Last edited:

I think Gourgeist size affects defense as well. When I compared the super sized one to the average one when they were both about level 36, the super size one had much, much higher defense. It wasn't nature affected, either.

So now the games have been out a while and everyone has probably had chance to try some of the new stuff out/see them in the games themselves, which of the new Pokemon are people's favourites? Which do you find cool/cute/whatever? Or which don't you like/didn't live up to your expectations when you used it? I'm kinda interested in people's opinions on the new stuff now the games are out.

I also feel like updating the poll to include all Gen VI mons, but I'm not sure if it's worthwhile as this thread isn't seeing much activity now.

Well so far I can say I really like Sylveon a lot. It takes a while to evolve but it actually is really good, it tanks hits well and is pretty good at KOing most things. I also am really liking Hawlucha.

I was disappointed in Helioptile, its so frail and cant really take a hit, so although I think it's cute and cool, I ended up boxing mine. My Noibat also isnt really doing so well :(

Does anyone know what level the fossils evolve? I'm training an amaura.

Heliotile was hard to train, but after evolving it to Heliolisk, it has such high speed and special attack it'll take out most things before they hit it. Delphox is a speed and special attack monster as well.
@Eeveeanne; Starting at level 39, Amaura can evolve into Aurorus. You have to level it up at night.

Heliotile was hard to train, but after evolving it to Heliolisk, it has such high speed and special attack it'll take out most things before they hit it. Delphox is a speed and special attack monster as well.
@Eeveeanne; Starting at level 39, Amaura can evolve into Aurorus. You have to level it up at night.

Do you know why at night? Does the t-rex evolve at day time or at night too? just curious.

Back
Top Bottom