• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion (Megas go in Mega thread)

Tyrunt evolves starting from the same level at the day time. I don't know why they're time based, but my best guess for Amaura is because of its aurora elements and how they're seen at night.

So now the games have been out a while and everyone has probably had chance to try some of the new stuff out/see them in the games themselves, which of the new Pokemon are people's favourites? Which do you find cool/cute/whatever? Or which don't you like/didn't live up to your expectations when you used it? I'm kinda interested in people's opinions on the new stuff now the games are out.

I really, really love Delphox. It has become one of my favorite Pokemon. I love its design, its witch motif, and the fact that it's a beast in-game (can't speak on how it is competitively). I also really like Azumarill. If this were an earlier generation, I wouldn't have even considered using it, but with the addition of the Fairy-type, Azumarill is amazing. It's the strongest Pokemon I have on my team right now, at level 80. It also singlehandedly took out most of Diantha's Pokemon in one hit. I think gaining Fairy really helped it a lot.

The other Pokemon on my team I only captured because I liked their design. They had their awesome moments, too, but Delphox and Azumarill were the two Pokemon that really put in most of the work in-game for me.

I went in absolutely hating Dedenne and came out...finding it okay and actually cute.
I still hate Bunnelby and Diggersby, though.
Meowstic is one of my favorite designs (female specifically) and seeing it in motion is even cooler.
Greninja has completely captured my heart and I somehow find it adorable.
I don't like Delphox's attacking animations and that hurt my opinion of it more than it should.

And this isn't a new Pokemon but I appreciate Gardevoir more than ever before.

Rumors are spreading about three event legendaries more revealed, did someone point this here? Source (Spanish)

Remember 3DS encryptation hasn't been broken yet, so unlike DS games, there could be still hidden Pokémon into the game data.

Supposedly, their names would be:

719 Diancie (ディアンシー), Rock/Fairy
720 Volcanion (ボルケニオン), Fire/Water
721 Hoopa (フーパ) Psychic/Ghost

This info matches some pokémon list filtered back in July. See every Pokémon in that list was revealed eventually, except Dianshii (Diancie), Borukeriion (Volcanion) and Fuupa (Hoopa). That list is completed with Japanese names of Quilladin, Frogadier, Dedenne, Bunnelby, Meowstick, Chessnaught, Zygarde, Delphox, Greninja, Furfrou and Braixen. Note that at that point, only Meowstick was revealed among that list, and Zygarde wasn't even discovered until someone ran into its cave while playing.

This info was already validated by Hiro, leaker of Fairy type and involved with Wottergate.

If this turns to be true, Water would be the second type (after Flying) to be combined with every other existing type. Though a Fire/Water is definitely something I want to see.

The Props--
SYLVEON. That thing is baller and it's definitely now one of my favorite Pokémon, and also my new favorite Eeveelution. I also really like male Meowstic--that blue color is beautiful and I really enjoyed using it in-game. (I'm not really a fan of the female Meowstic design, but I do like how male and female Meowstic have different designs.) Oh, and Aegislash is top-notch quality design-wise, in my opinion; I really appreciate how they used the ghost knight motif without using a typical "haunted armor" design. Xerneas is also quite possibly the most beautiful legendary Pokémon I've seen so far, so it's up there as one of the Pokémon I like a lot.

The Slops--
Aurorus's typing is sooo unfortunate; I think I would've liked it more if almost every attack didn't hit for super-effective damage. (But I still really like its design, so there's that.) And Furfrou wasn't as cool as I thought it would be once I used it, but I think that partly had to do with the fact that it didn't keep its haircut when you deposited it in the PC (I didn't really like its untrimmed design). Also, I for one was really disappointed in Clawitzer's design--I was so excited to use Clauncher until I saw what it evolved into, and so I eventually decided not to use it. Skrelp/Dragalge looked much better and I wish they had been placed in X instead.

That's all I can think of for now. But overall, I love the quality of Pokémon this generation, I think the Design Team made great decisions this time around!

Anyone Else?

Does anyone here use a Vivillon? Is anyone as impressed as this new butterfly as I am? Or have I just overlooked how awesome starter bugs have been? My Vivillon, Domino, RULES when she's in a battle. o_O I just need to know if there's anyone else who feels this way. XD

Re: Anyone Else?

Hell yes. My Vivillion Beezlebug started limping in the home stretch, but she's Impish which is kind of a useless nature for such a Pokemon. Given that, she did pretty damn well. Vivillion is really a great improvement on the usual regional bug niche. (Compoundeyes and Hurr8icane? What's not to love?)

Hell yes. My Vivillion Beezlebug started limping in the home stretch, but she's Impish which is kind of a useless nature for such a Pokemon. Given that, she did pretty damn well. Vivillion is really a great improvement on the usual regional bug niche. (Compoundeyes and Hurr8icane? What's not to love?)

I know, I have rash nature which isn't any better so I'm feelin' ya. XD But I try to make use of that new Pokémon super training! It seems to help. Yeah I believe it's an improvement too! Outta curiosity, which pattern is Beezlebug? =] Compoundeyes is amazing. Shield dust is kind of handy but Compoundeyes for SURE takes the cake!

I know, I have rash nature which isn't any better so I'm feelin' ya. XD But I try to make use of that new Pokémon super training! It seems to help. Yeah I believe it's an improvement too! Outta curiosity, which pattern is Beezlebug? =] Compoundeyes is amazing. Shield dust is kind of handy but Compoundeyes for SURE takes the cake!

Rash is actually a pretty great nature, and much better than Impish, for Vivillion in-game since it raises Special Attack.

I must say Vivillion turned out to be a much better Pokemon than most us probably would have assumed. It's got much better stats and moves compared to the early bugs of other generations, and it's pattern gimmick is actually pretty neat! It really highlights the spirit of trading and interacting with people around the world (without depriving either version of a family in this case I might add) that Gamefreak strives to achieve with each new game. Really I'm not so bummed out that Vivillion is the only new Bug-type family this gen anymore (still a bit though).

Rash is actually a pretty great nature, and much better than Impish, for Vivillion in-game since it raises Special Attack.

I must say Vivillion turned out to be a much better Pokemon than most us probably would have assumed. It's got much better stats and moves compared to the early bugs of other generations, and it's pattern gimmick is actually pretty neat! It really highlights the spirit of trading and interacting with people around the world (without depriving either version of a family in this case I might add) that Gamefreak strives to achieve with each new game. Really I'm not so bummed out that Vivillion is the only new Bug-type family this gen anymore (still a bit though).

Maybe so, but I don't particularly like the defense drop, Vivillon doesn't need it. I'd prefer a nice defense boost or defense-neutral nature, since Vivillon's special attack is already pretty stable. =]
Definitely! Not sure I like the patterns though... ._. I named my Vivillon specifically for the pattern I saw in-game (Meadow), and then it turns into the Modern pattern. XD I had no idea about the patterns at first so. Is it really the only new Bug-type family? I had no idea. I guess they had to make room for all those new Fairy-type. =p Which, I'm pretty more than okay with Gardevoir's new typing, on the subject of Fairy-type.

Vivillon is kinda meh. It was great to have early on, but I ended up leaving her in the PC box by the 5th gym or so. Especially when I finally noticed it's Sp. Att was only 99 :u

Vivillon is kinda meh. It was great to have early on, but I ended up leaving her in the PC box by the 5th gym or so. Especially when I finally noticed it's Sp. Att was only 99 :u

Admittedly, I'm not that quite that far into the game yet. XD But she seems to be holding up fine for now. What level was yours when you boxed it?

Edit: Absolutely adore your Halloween signature and avatar!

Back
Top Bottom