• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GEN VI UU RMT: SandRoom

UB-01 Kenobi

If she's UB-01, I'm UB-01
Reaction score
Yo guys, I started playing UU Beta on Showdown a couple days back and thought I'd share my team and open it up for criticism since my record (while not bad) isn't the best. I'm a Sandstorm virgin, but my home weather, Sun, was hit with the OU Hammer a while back so if you guys more experienced with Sand could give me some pointers that'd be fab~

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Sets Sand and acts as a physical wall. Choiced Darmanitan is an incredibly common lead in UU, letting me set up Rocks guaranteed on a lot of players who fear the EQ OHKO. Slack Off for recovery and Whirlwind stops boosting sweepers.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy-->Fulter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Stone Edge

Terrifying sweeper under TR, if bit can set up a couple of Curses on forced switches than it can even stay in after the Room goes down and tank hits while dishing out major damage. Obviously incredibly Special weak since I'm not rubbing the standard 252+ Sp Def.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Sandstorm
- Rapid Spin
- Psychic

Spinner and TR setter.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Special Tank, Hammer Arm helps with that high-for-a-TR team base 70 Speed. Bullet Punch lets it function outside of TR.

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef /252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Play Rough
- Wild Charge
- Crunch

Late game cleaner, monstrous Speed and Power. By the time both of my TR setters go down, I can usually switch in Hippowdon to suicide-set the Sand and then clean up the opponent's weakened team.

Carbink @ Light Clay
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Sandstorm

Helps with the mediocre Sp Bulk that Aggron has as well as patching up the Physical Defense of Claydol and Metagross, and obviously acts as a secondary TR setter and tertiary Sand setter.

I would recromend a few things:
Trianitar: mega if possible, as megaing allows it to reset sandstorm after it ends without switching back in, plus a power boost.
Claydol is a horrible rapid spinner in sand even with trick room, instead use this:

Excadrill @ life orb
Ability: Sand rush
Evs: Hp 252, Speed 252, Atk 6
Any Speed nature that doesn't lower attack
Rapid Spin
Rock Slide
Shadow Claw/X scissor
Sword Dance

Hope you like my ideas...

Those are both OU. Thanks for commenting, but please read up on tiers first next time. Thanks! :)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom