• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VII Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Spoiler Free)

Reaction score
If you want to know something about the games without being spoiled about the rest, this thread is for you!

Please put all answers in spoiler tags. If your question is a spoiler in itself (e.g. "What is [character] 's team in the Battle Tree?") please spoiler tag it too.

FAQ

Q: Are the names of the player characters known?
A: No, the PC of the opposite gender does not appear in the game this time, which means we don't know their official names.

Last edited:
This is just the perfect thread! Getting answers about game play that don't spoil the game ^____^

First question:
Can berries be grown? Or do they all have to be purchased/found on wild Pokemon?

This is just the perfect thread! Getting answers about game play that don't spoil the game ^____^

First question:
Can berries be grown? Or do they all have to be purchased/found on wild Pokemon?

There's an image on the official website for Poke Pegalo that shows Pokemon collecting berries. Here: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon | Pokemon.com/SunMoon

I think the director also said in an interview that you could grow berries on one of the Pelago islands.

Will we be able to max our pokemon's best stats in the game? Will raising affecting gives our pokemon boosted exp points?

Will we be able to max our pokemon's best stats in the game?

If you mean EV-training, yes that is back. Super Training and hordes are gone though, there's new ways to EV-train now:
1) SOS Battles. Each time a Pokémon calls a new ally, you gain more EV's from beating the ally. If you have Pokérus and carry the right item, you need to beat 7 allies to get one stat maxed.
2) On Poké Pelago, you can train EV's on Isle Evelup. You can just leave the Pokémon there, set a precise interval you want to train and then you just wait (you can shut down the 3DS and the Pokémon will still be trained).
3) At the Festival Plaza you can buy EV-raising drinks. If your Festival Plaza has a high enough rank, you can buy drinks that max a stat at once.

For more info, please check this post

Will raising affecting gives our pokemon boosted exp points?

Good question, I didn't even know this was a side-effect of Amie :p Sadly I can't find any info about Refresh and what the exact benefits are this time... Does anyone know?

Yes it is returning. Its pretty much the only thing from gen 6 that survived

To add to this, I think I read somewhere that it was part of the Festival Plaza now.

Sounds awkward really, I wonder how long it'll take to get to it if you have to go to a whole new area to access it. (even if the area is accessible from the menu)

Does anyone feel that the place your Pokemon on the Isle Evelup and wait for a few hours is like mobile gaming where you build a structure and have to wait for a few hours for it to be completed?

My question is not a story spoiler, just a Pokémon spoiler, but I'm gonna put it in a spoiler tag anyways.

How do you get the Ash hat Pikachu? (Assuming you can actually get it in-game)

My question is not a story spoiler, just a Pokémon spoiler, but I'm gonna put it in a spoiler tag anyways.

How do you get the Ash hat Pikachu? (Assuming you can actually get it in-game)
Unknown. Currently it is only available through hacking and no legit way of obtaining it exists.

Is there an easier way to reset EVs on a Pokemon, like the Reset Bag from Gen 6, or is the only way to lower stats back to the pre Gen 6 method of feed them specific berries?

Is there an easier way to reset EVs on a Pokemon, like the Reset Bag from Gen 6, or is the only way to lower stats back to the pre Gen 6 method of feed them specific berries?
Apparently, there are drinks in Festival Plaza that reset EVs.

Sorry for asking another question so soon, but there are boxes in addition to the Poke Pelago, right?

Generally speaking, do you all feel satisfied with the game and how it ended? Or are there loose ends/an unsatisfactory sense that was presented in XY?

I've seen that some people feel disappointed by the (apparent) amount of post-game content, but personally, I am withholding judgment on that until I actually play it (although, I don't really rely on post-game content as much as others, since I'm more of a reset-and-replay type of person).

As for the main game (which I am completely spoiled on), I feel...

very, very optimistic. The games really seem to bring the formula-breaking change that I've been craving, while still staying true to the core of the series, and I thought that the main storyline, from everything I've read and watched was very impressive. It is well-told, the characters are more dynamic and interesting than those in XY, and the conflict is thankfully scaled back from the impending apocalypses that were present in some previous entries.

I obviously can't give much of an opinion on the new gameplay, but I've been a vocal supporter of many of the changes and additions that they've revealed, and I thought the demo handled nicely.

^ I don't think I actually gave away any spoilers in that box, but I wanted to wrap it up just to be safe. Sometimes impressions themselves can be spoilery.

Last edited:
How early in the game can you obtain a Thunderstone and does Pikachu evolve into Alolan Raichu with it?

Back
Top Bottom