• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VII Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Spoiler Free)

We also can't go by their pre-release names, because Serena was named Yvonne in pre-release trailers.

You will all just have to accept we don't have names this time ;)

I recognize that, but in lieu of anything from the games themselves, it helps to have something in the mold of the typical nomenclature to refer to them by. Saying "the male/female protagonist of SM" or worse yet, "____/____" isn't at all a convenient way to identify them.

How do I get more beans to feed my Pokemon in Refresh? I got some once after buying a drink from the Cafe in the Pokemon Center, but I haven't been able to get anymore since.

Can you raise the beauty stat at all in this game? I want Milotic but trading Feebas with a Prism Scale isn't an option for me.

I recognize that, but in lieu of anything from the games themselves, it helps to have something in the mold of the typical nomenclature to refer to them by. Saying "the male/female protagonist of SM" or worse yet, "____/____" isn't at all a convenient way to identify them.
Wasn't Ethan called "Gold" by a lot of fans before HGSS? I mean, it's nothing ideal, but resorting to Sun and Moon for the protagonist names may have to do.

it sucks we don't have anything too concrete, I for one feel like just getting the game when the names get revealed, unless they never do, then I'll have to settle with Sun (name)

Can you raise the beauty stat at all in this game? I want Milotic but trading Feebas with a Prism Scale isn't an option for me.
It seems like Contests are not in the game at all, so the beauty stat cannot be raised. Unfortuantely, trading it with a Prism Scale seems like the only option.

We can't go by the names in the demo, because just like @Pkm Trainer Lou said: Brendan was called Orlando in the demo.

We also can't go by their pre-release names, because Serena was named Yvonne in pre-release trailers.

You will all just have to accept we don't have names this time ;)

Game Version, the language you play in does not matter.
Sorry, forgive me if I'm mistaken but couple other examples of nameable characters that, as far as I know, were never given "official" names. Main one is "Barry" (Sinnoh rival). Barry is the name that the anime gave him but that shouldn't be grounds for the game canon. I also remember that his Bulbapedia page was originally called "Pearl" and then it was changed to "Barry" at some point.

Other examples include Leaf, Silver and Kris.

And if all else fails, it looks like there still isn't an article for the Sun/Moon protagonists. Can't they just be called something like "Sun & Moon Protagonist (male/female)" or something like that? And if so, I feel that the same should be done with the other nameable characters whose official names have not been revealed by either official sources or in-game when they appear as an NPC.

Lastly, has anyone discovered any permanently miss-able elements in the game (like items or overworld Pokemon)?

I hear there are Mega Stones who's locations haven't been found in the game by people yet. Is it known if all of them are in the game or are some not there at all (and likely to be given in some sort of event later)?

Last edited:
Sorry, forgive me if I'm mistaken but couple other examples of nameable characters that, as far as I know, were never given "official" names. Main one is "Barry" (Sinnoh rival). Barry is the name that the anime gave him but that shouldn't be grounds for the game canon. I also remember that his Bulbapedia page was originally called "Pearl" and then it was changed to "Barry" at some point.

IIRC Barry was the first of his default names in the games, another way canon names have been chosen.

BUT the original question was if the canon names are known, and they are not. If people want to discuss what the names should be, you're welcome to start a thread about it, but this is not the place ;)

Does anyone know where Bounsweet (or its evolutions, if necessary) can be caught?
There is an in-game trade where you give a Lillipup for a Bounsweet in the Pokémon Center of Brooklet Hill. (Akala Island)
Bounsweet can also be caught in Lush Jungle. You need to complete Mallow's trial before you may catch wild Pokemon there.

Does anyone else get only this one show about Malasadas on the in-game TV? Is there a way to get more programs?

does Solar Blade work like Solar Beam, that in sun light it only needs one turn???
(If not hope they change that)
retorical question, but hope they change that too in future, Leaf Guar I understand but a new grass with Contrary???) (Does Lurantis learn physical moves that could make it worth having Contrary? Close Combat or something that could rise speed with it???)

Last edited:
Does Professor Kukui have a trial in the full game like in the demo and does that dragon Pokemon appear as a Totem Pokemon?

I can guess the answer, but does the Battle Tree still restrict which Pokémon you can use or do box legendaries and mythical Pokémon finally have a use again?

Does Professor Kukui have a trial in the full game like in the demo and does that dragon Pokemon appear as a Totem Pokemon?
That dragon Pokemon, Hakamo-o, does not appear as a Totem Pokemon, but its evolution, Kommo-o, does.

Is it safe yet to use the games' online features without risk of getting banned? -_- (My copy is North American)

Back
Top Bottom