• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

Gen VII Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Spoiler Free)

Reaction score
How do you get festival coins in level 0?

Is there a place to buy the Apricorn Pokeballs?

Lovely
Reaction score
How does the Dusk Ball work in Moon Version? Does it have a higher catch rate when it is night in the game? Or does it have a higher catch rate when it's night in real life?

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
How does the Dusk Ball work in Moon Version? Does it have a higher catch rate when it is night in the game? Or does it have a higher catch rate when it's night in real life?
While I can't confirm 100% I see no reason why I wouldn't work off of ingame time.

Reaction score
in-game time. Moon literally is twelve hours later, not a mysterious world where it is night in the AM and light in the PM.

Reaction score
in game time, so if its night time in the game then the dusk ball is a go.

Greenish-Blue Trainer (?)
Reaction score
So anyone knows what's UB-01's name? Like Beaty or Absorption in UB-02, or Ligting in UB-03, because I don't remember it being said in the game.

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
So anyone knows what's UB-01's name? Like Beaty or Absorption in UB-02, or Ligting in UB-03, because I don't remember it being said in the game.
It's "Symbiont." We only learn that in the post-game.

Borderland Sword
Reaction score
Is there any way to see your own stats in the Festival Plaza? Or can you only see it for your guests? Can't seem to find any way to see my own~

Dieter
Reaction score
As I am currently dont know who the E4 is (and I want it to be a surprise) Im also not sure what lvl I should aim for my team to be. Dont want to be under nor overlvled. My team is mostly between lvl 53-55 now

If she's UB-01, I'm UB-01
Reaction score
As I am currently dont know who the E4 is (and I want it to be a surprise) Im also not sure what lvl I should aim for my team to be. Dont want to be under nor overlvled. My team is mostly between lvl 53-55 now
The highest level you'll see in your initial Pokemon League run is 58

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Does Cubone really require level 28 at night to evolve into Alolan Marowak? Because mine just hit level 28, and it's after six in Pokémon Sun, and no such evolution

Reaction score
Any word on whether the rare Pokemon from Island Scan can have their Hidden Ability? I don't expect it, but neither do I have a means to determine a wild Pokemon's ability yet....

Beep Boop
Reaction score
Does Cubone really require level 28 at night to evolve into Alolan Marowak? Because mine just hit level 28, and it's after six in Pokémon Sun, and no such evolution
Hm most sources say it simply evolves at lvl28 at night, but I've also read somewhere that it's Happiness/Friendship needs to be maxed? So that could be it.

Any word on whether the rare Pokemon from Island Scan can have their Hidden Ability? I don't expect it, but neither do I have a means to determine a wild Pokemon's ability yet....
They can't.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Hm most sources say it simply evolves at lvl28 at night, but I've also read somewhere that it's Happiness/Friendship needs to be maxed? So that could be it.
As it turns out, Sun is just as picky as X was over what counts as "night". I went back at eight o'clock and evolved through a straight level-up to 29.

Honestly, if being dark isn't enough to make it night, the game might have the decency to outright tell you when it's night and when it isn't

Reaction score
I figured that seeing one in a Totem/Kahuna battle is a good implication of what level they evolve around -- mine are both Lv.27 . I doubt friendship is necessarily an aspect since I now have a Lv.28 midday Lycanroc and she hasn't been on my active team that long.

In the meantime, I'm going to wait until evening for her brother.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I do not really understand how I get Cosmog? Am I misunderstanding something - It says I have to go through the worm whole to get it, but is this only possible if you "killed" Solgaleo / Lunala

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score
I do not really understand how I get Cosmog? Am I misunderstanding something - It says I have to go through the worm whole to get it, but is this only possible if you "killed" Solgaleo / Lunala
You may enter through the portal in Pokémon Sun during the night while Solgaleo is in your party, and in Pokémon Moon during the day while Lunara is in your party.

Reaction score
You may enter through the portal in Pokémon Sun during the night while Solgaleo is in your party, and in Pokémon Moon during the day while Lunara is in your party.
Maybe I have not understood this correctly, but in order for this to work does it mean that I did not catch Solgaleo in the first place or are there two Cosmogs in the game?