• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VII Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Spoiler Free)

Are the PC's default/"confirmed" names known yet?

No
the opposite gender PC doesn't appear in the game, so we have no idea :(

As for a question for this thread in general: can you purchase special balls like in X/Y(I/E Luxury/Dive ball, etc)
I've seen Luxury Balls, Heal Balls and Nest Balls being sold somewhere in a video and I also know
Apricorn Balls are being sold in the Festival Plaza at high rank
so I assume the other 'special' ones will be there too.

So... so... the 'canon names', such as it were, for the two protagonists; anyone know them yet? Anyone?

So... so... the 'canon names', such as it were, for the two protagonists; anyone know them yet? Anyone?

No one knows, the PC of the opposite gender is not your rival this time, so we don't know their names. Maybe Nintendo will make them official somehow sometime, but for now we have no idea.

not a spoiler but i can comfirm that pokemon s\m still have surpises up their sleve

No one knows, the PC of the opposite gender is not your rival this time, so we don't know their names. Maybe Nintendo will make them official somehow sometime, but for now we have no idea.
Wasn't the Male player called Sun?
The girl wasn't in the demo but I'd say a safe guess is she's called Moon then.

If the wiki's in need of names for the individual articles on the two characters, then I'd suggest "Sun" and "Moon" since those are old standards (and keep the quotes). Don't have anything better, so might as well.

Still working out the way quoting works on these forums, its very strange.

If the wiki's in need of names for the individual articles on the two characters, then I'd suggest "Sun" and "Moon" since those are old standards (and keep the quotes). Don't have anything better, so might as well.

Still working out the way quoting works on these forums, its very strange.
They also called the Male MC Sun in the demo.

Language and game version question: is the event Pokémon determined by game version or language? E.g., if I play US version game in Japanese language, will I be able to redeem code from GameStop (if any in the future)? Can I get Japanese event Pokémon through Nintendo Network? What happened in last generation?

Wasn't the Male player called Sun?
The girl wasn't in the demo but I'd say a safe guess is she's called Moon then.
but the characters are only named after the games' titles in the comic books (except for 1st gen), though 'tis true that we don't exactly have many options to work with. if the boy turns out to be sun and the girl moon, i'll go with that

if anything, we can try to suggest names, I for one think the girl could be "celine" because it relates to moon and has french roots, which works fine cuz the PC is from kalos... but I dunno, it has been a while since this happened

but the characters are only named after the games' titles in the comic books (except for 1st gen), though 'tis true that we don't exactly have many options to work with. if the boy turns out to be sun and the girl moon, i'll go with that

if anything, we can try to suggest names, I for one think the girl could be "celine" because it relates to moon and has french roots, which works fine cuz the PC is from kalos... but I dunno, it has been a while since this happened
2nd gen also had that. And the Sun and Moon Demo. We shouldn't assume there is some precedent here. especially when the games outright say what the character's name is.

I've seen people go by the names shown during the Battle Royal.

snapspokemon-sun-moon-battle-royal-about-e3-2016-on-ign5n-2jpg-9d0e7a_765w.jpg

2nd gen also had that. And the Sun and Moon Demo. We shouldn't assume there is some precedent here. especially when the games outright say what the character's name is.
Brendan in the ORAS demo was named Orlando, that's to say demos aren't the best references, but this time, it's indeed one of the few ones we got. the only other info we apparently have is a trailer in which the boy is called "Ellio"

Unless we find something more accurate later on, then their names should probably just be assumed to be either Sun/Moon or Elio/Selene, all of which appeared in the Battle Royal footage in SirOni's post. Elio/Selene would be one less disambiguation needed, though, and in general would be more distinctive from Sun/Moon, so personally I'd lean toward that one, even though I don't really care for any of those name options.

We can't go by the names in the demo, because just like @Pkm Trainer Lou said: Brendan was called Orlando in the demo.

We also can't go by their pre-release names, because Serena was named Yvonne in pre-release trailers.

You will all just have to accept we don't have names this time ;)

Language and game version question: is the event Pokémon determined by game version or language? E.g., if I play US version game in Japanese language, will I be able to redeem code from GameStop (if any in the future)? Can I get Japanese event Pokémon through Nintendo Network? What happened in last generation?

Game Version, the language you play in does not matter.

You will all just have to accept we don't have names this time ;)
??? went around without a real name but we called him Silver...and people decided to dub the female opposite of Red as "Leaf" because of some obscure data they found in the games and we've all accepted those names as real. The demos may not have precedence in ORAS, but given no other source, they'd probably be taken at face-value for SM. It's certainly more official than how Silver was named (which I think was based on the fact that Crystal used Gold's default name...therefore ??? must be Silver)

I'm just interested in the long-ass Bulbapedia talk page to decide their name lol

Back
Top Bottom