• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VII Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Spoiler Free)

How does the Dusk Ball work in Moon Version? Does it have a higher catch rate when it is night in the game? Or does it have a higher catch rate when it's night in real life?

How does the Dusk Ball work in Moon Version? Does it have a higher catch rate when it is night in the game? Or does it have a higher catch rate when it's night in real life?
While I can't confirm 100% I see no reason why I wouldn't work off of ingame time.

in game time, so if its night time in the game then the dusk ball is a go.

So anyone knows what's UB-01's name? Like Beaty or Absorption in UB-02, or Ligting in UB-03, because I don't remember it being said in the game.

So anyone knows what's UB-01's name? Like Beaty or Absorption in UB-02, or Ligting in UB-03, because I don't remember it being said in the game.

It's "Symbiont." We only learn that in the post-game.

As I am currently dont know who the E4 is (and I want it to be a surprise) Im also not sure what lvl I should aim for my team to be. Dont want to be under nor overlvled. My team is mostly between lvl 53-55 now

As I am currently dont know who the E4 is (and I want it to be a surprise) Im also not sure what lvl I should aim for my team to be. Dont want to be under nor overlvled. My team is mostly between lvl 53-55 now

The highest level you'll see in your initial Pokemon League run is 58

Any word on whether the rare Pokemon from Island Scan can have their Hidden Ability? I don't expect it, but neither do I have a means to determine a wild Pokemon's ability yet....

Does Cubone really require level 28 at night to evolve into Alolan Marowak? Because mine just hit level 28, and it's after six in Pokémon Sun, and no such evolution

Hm most sources say it simply evolves at lvl28 at night, but I've also read somewhere that it's Happiness/Friendship needs to be maxed? So that could be it.

Any word on whether the rare Pokemon from Island Scan can have their Hidden Ability? I don't expect it, but neither do I have a means to determine a wild Pokemon's ability yet....

They can't.

Hm most sources say it simply evolves at lvl28 at night, but I've also read somewhere that it's Happiness/Friendship needs to be maxed? So that could be it.

As it turns out, Sun is just as picky as X was over what counts as "night". I went back at eight o'clock and evolved through a straight level-up to 29.

Honestly, if being dark isn't enough to make it night, the game might have the decency to outright tell you when it's night and when it isn't

I figured that seeing one in a Totem/Kahuna battle is a good implication of what level they evolve around -- mine are both Lv.27 . I doubt friendship is necessarily an aspect since I now have a Lv.28 midday Lycanroc and she hasn't been on my active team that long.

In the meantime, I'm going to wait until evening for her brother.

Last edited:
I do not really understand how I get Cosmog? Am I misunderstanding something - It says I have to go through the worm whole to get it, but is this only possible if you "killed" Solgaleo / Lunala

I do not really understand how I get Cosmog? Am I misunderstanding something - It says I have to go through the worm whole to get it, but is this only possible if you "killed" Solgaleo / Lunala

You may enter through the portal in Pokémon Sun during the night while Solgaleo is in your party, and in Pokémon Moon during the day while Lunara is in your party.

You may enter through the portal in Pokémon Sun during the night while Solgaleo is in your party, and in Pokémon Moon during the day while Lunara is in your party.
Maybe I have not understood this correctly, but in order for this to work does it mean that I did not catch Solgaleo in the first place or are there two Cosmogs in the game?

Back
Top Bottom