• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Anime Spoilers

It seems there's a leak going on Japanese twitter claiming the first round is:
Alain vs Leon
Ash vs Steven
Iris vs Lance
Cynthia vs Diantha
No idea how accurate it is, but it seems the card is being officially revealed tomorrow so we'll see.
Yeah, it turns out this is true.
I'm honestly a little surprised by the matchups, was absolutely not expecting Leon vs Alain to kick things off. One of the big things people want to see is an Ash and Alain rematch but there's no way he's going to beat Leon, so it makes me wonder what will happen? I can't see Alain being defeated early and disappearing either. Also Steven is my favorite champion so knowing he'll go down to Ash early makes me a little sad. ohh well ;__;'

So according to an apparently well-known leaker, Diantha will defeat Lance and Ash is going to be battling Cynthia. All I can say is-I figured as much. I'm not too surprised Diantha's winning, and I'm not surprised at all that Ash is moving onward-he's destined to face Leon in the final match anyways. Next stop: Ash vs Cynthia. Realllly hoping they make it a good one.

Not sure how reliable the original poster, but PokeFansTaiwan retweeted.

According to this, Iris is using Excadrill against Cynthia, and Cynthia's third Pokemon in the battle is Gastrodon. We can assume Iris's other Pokemon is Dragonite.

Not sure how reliable the original poster, but PokeFansTaiwan retweeted.

According to this, Iris is using Excadrill against Cynthia, and Cynthia's third Pokemon in the battle is Gastrodon. We can assume Iris's other Pokemon is Dragonite.

If this is truly the case, this means we won't be seeing any Pokemon from Johto nor Alola during the first round of Masters Eight, since Cynthia's Kommo-o is out of the count.

Johto is basically Kanto 2.0, so it's kind of a shame but whatever. But as for Alola representation, Ash should really be using Pikachu's Z-Move in his match against Steven, especially given that the promotion poster shows Pikachu and Mega Metagross behind Ash and Steven, which strongly suggests that Ash will be using a gimmick with Pikachu against Mega Metagross.

If this is truly the case, this means we won't be seeing any Pokemon from Johto nor Alola during the first round of Masters Eight, since Cynthia's Kommo-o is out of the count.

Johto is basically Kanto 2.0, so it's kind of a shame but whatever. But as for Alola representation, Ash should really be using Pikachu's Z-Move in his match against Steven, especially given that the promotion poster shows Pikachu and Mega Metagross behind Ash and Steven, which strongly suggests that Ash will be using a gimmick with Pikachu against Mega Metagross.
I expected Kommo-o to be saved for Cynthia's battle with Ash anyway, considering that it's a new Pokemon for Cynthia that debuted in this series. Same with Roserade.

Garchomp, Milotic, and Gastrodon against Iris
Garchomp, Kommo-o, and Roserade against Ash

EXCACHAD!!!!!! Please get a KO!
I mean, I want it to also, but against three Pokemon it has a type disadvantage against? It's.........unlikely. If I had to guess, I'd say Gastrodon's going down almost certainly. Garchomp won't be defeated, not by Iris at least.

I expected Kommo-o to be saved for Cynthia's battle with Ash anyway, considering that it's a new Pokemon for Cynthia that debuted in this series. Same with Roserade.

Garchomp, Milotic, and Gastrodon against Iris
Garchomp, Kommo-o, and Roserade against Ash

Oh, I'm also expecting Kommo-o to be in Ash vs Cynthia if it isn't in Iris vs Cynthia. After all, I'm hoping that the writers wouldn't have Cynthia show off Kommo-o in a singular episode for the sole purpose of aligning with Pokemon Masters EX

Oh, I'm also expecting Kommo-o to be in Ash vs Cynthia if it isn't in Iris vs Cynthia. After all, I'm hoping that the writers wouldn't have Cynthia show off Kommo-o in a singular episode for the sole purpose of aligning with Pokemon Masters EX
Oh yeah. Ash will be fighting that Kommo-o. I almost gurantee it.

Here’s how I’d like Ash vs Cynthia to go:
Dracovish/Sirfetch’d vs Kommo-o: Dracovish/Sirfetch’d wins, then gets KOed by Roserade
Lucario vs Roserade: Lucario wins
Mega Lucario vs Mega Garchomp: Mega Garchomp wins
Dragonite vs Mega Garchomp: Dragonite wins
I don’t want Lucario to deal the finishing blow to Mega Garchomp but with Dragonite it makes sense since it already defeated Iris’s Haxorus who might put up a good fight against Garchomp. I am sick of them over glorifying Lucario but if Lucario defeats Garchomp then it is Ash’s second strongest Pokemon after Pikachu.

Here’s how I’d like Ash vs Cynthia to go:
Dracovish/Sirfetch’d vs Kommo-o: Dracovish/Sirfetch’d wins, then gets KOed by Roserade
Lucario vs Roserade: Lucario wins
Mega Lucario vs Mega Garchomp: Mega Garchomp wins
Dragonite vs Mega Garchomp: Dragonite wins
I don’t want Lucario to deal the finishing blow to Mega Garchomp but with Dragonite it makes sense since it already defeated Iris’s Haxorus who might put up a good fight against Garchomp. I am sick of them over glorifying Lucario but if Lucario defeats Garchomp then it is Ash’s second strongest Pokemon after Pikachu.

I'd personally have Sirfetch'd fight Roserade, and Lucario fight Kommo-o.
Garchomp being a team effort between Lucario and Dragonite, I agree with that though.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom