• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Chat Thread

Hazards are really prevalent in the gen 6 OU meta in general. I've been helping my apprentice on showdown and I've noticed even in the 1100s hazards are very common. Which is great because the gen 5 meta didn't already have enough hazard use. Megas are a mixed bag as I've noticed there's not really a top tier of megas. Outside of manetric and Houndoom all the megas are seeing some use. It'll be interesting to see what megas become a OU staple in a few months.

Hazards are really prevalent in the gen 6 OU meta in general. I've been helping my apprentice on showdown and I've noticed even in the 1100s hazards are very common. Which is great because the gen 5 meta didn't already have enough hazard use. Megas are a mixed bag as I've noticed there's not really a top tier of megas. Outside of manetric and Houndoom all the megas are seeing some use. It'll be interesting to see what megas become a OU staple in a few months.

Interestingly enough the only MManetric I've seen is my own. Works out pretty good with my team. Just trying to decide between Heliolisk, Galvantula, and Crobat to win the 6th spot on my team.

That's an interesting mix of pokemon to take your 6th spot. I'm not really to impressed with Heliolisk. He's an interesting rain team pokemon but that normal type really holds him back in my opinion. Crobat is awesome! I've been using a bulky offensive Crobat on a team of mine forever, and he's never let me down.

I have been using hazards in just about all of my matches, and for good reason: Talonflame and the Mega Charizards are some of the most annoying pokemon that I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Edit: Thank goodness for stealth rocks.

I have been using hazards in just about all of my matches, and for good reason: Talonflame and the Mega Charizards are some of the most annoying pokemon that I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Talonflame is so annoying. I can deal with the Zards ok, but it's hard to work around a Tflame. Everyone I talk to seems to hate talonflame. The OU chatroom on showdown even occasionally grumbles about a ban to ubers, but I doubt that'll happen.

Talonflame gets dealt with the same way CharY does. A quick Fake Out followed by a Stone Edge.

And the fact that just about everyone seems to be using Gale Wings Talonflame makes it even more irritating in general. I mean seriously I want to put Talonflame up there with Darkrai in terms of annoyance, but I mean at least with Talonflame you can bring in stealth rocks, Rotom-W and H, fake out and extreme speed users, and bulky water, rock, and ground types to counter it unlike Dark void Darkrai.

Talonflame from what I've seen is very situational, he is easy to deal with but hard if the proper steps aren't taken. I have two teams with three pokemon each that deal with Char Y and Talonflame so I'm not bothered to much by him. I don't even get into wi fi battles on my 3DS anymore because of dark void darkrai. Although when I do battle I see a lot more people using Verlisify pokemon. I then laugh and stomp their team.

I had the misfortune of facing them, and usually every one of the players who used Darkrai would ragequit after I had crushed their Darkrai like a bug. Also taunt foils a lot of Verlisify's pokemon team strategies in general.

True, I've noticed that too. Which is why I carry around my Bannete when I am in the mood to battle on Nintendo wi fi. I really don't see the point in battling online though as it's tons of kids who don't EV train and just spam sleep moves or legends. Game freak really needs to clean up their servers.

There will always be people like that online, although I do have to say that GameFreak has been doing a little bit better when it comes to server regulations since Gen V, though they still have a LONG way to go.

I don't have a ton of experience with gen 5 as i got into comp battling in late gen 5, and ended up just waiting for X and Y to come out before I got into full on IV breeding. It seems like game freak just can't get it together.

I don't have a ton of experience with gen 5 as i got into comp battling in late gen 5, and ended up just waiting for X and Y to come out before I got into full on IV breeding. It seems like game freak just can't get it together.

Gamefreak has always been like that to an extent, granted at least with Gen 6 they finally made IV breeding somewhat easier than before. Although that's really not saying much on their part. :/

They probably just wanted people to stop using PokeGen and PokeCheck. They have managed to anger us even in gen 6 though with the whole bank crisis, and hilariously most hacked pokemon still get through bank. I'm most mad that their shutting down Nintendo wi fi for the DS soon which makes transporter useless, but yea nintendo and game freak will always be bone headed.

On a side note anyone think Nintendo is in serious trouble. I can't believe how awful the Wii U has done! Nintendo as a whole really needs to step their game up.

They probably just wanted people to stop using PokeGen and PokeCheck. They have managed to anger us even in gen 6 though with the whole bank crisis, and hilariously most hacked pokemon still get through bank. I'm most mad that their shutting down Nintendo wi fi for the DS soon which makes transporter useless, but yea nintendo and game freak will always be bone headed.

On a side note anyone think Nintendo is in serious trouble. I can't believe how awful the Wii U has done! Nintendo as a whole really needs to step their game up.

I don't think Nintendo will be doing that anytime soon, especially since their arrogance, stupidity, and egos have grown to rival Capcom's.

I may be alone here but I'm kind of glad they're dropping DS Wi-Fi, which will (hopefully) free up the servers a bit. And it won't affect PokeTransporter since that uses 3DS Wi-Fi.

Hopefully it will stem the flow of hackmons coming through PokeBank, as well, since I suspect FakeGTS services will lose functionality. If I face one more all shiny, all 6IV, all HA team I swear...

Wii and DS Wi-fi support is being shutdown solely to sell more Wii U and 3DS units. I don't think it'll affect things like Pokecheck but we'll find out when we get closer to the date. Plus the 6 IV, HA, Shinies could be coming from RNGing, which is technically not cheating and will still be available.

Well I can't fault a business for making changes that will increase sales for their latest products. :p

Yeah, the teams could be RNG'd - they also could be completely legitimate, but if we're honest: Cut out the hacks and you've cut out 60% of Battle Spot teams.

And that's a conservative estimate.

Well I can't fault a business for making changes that will increase sales for their latest products. :p

Yeah, the teams could be RNG'd - they also could be completely legitimate, but if we're honest: Cut out the hacks and you've cut out 60% of Battle Spot teams.

I'm thinking more like 95%. Did anyone watch the 2013 VGC Livestream? It was legitametly all shiny legends and shiny pokemon, and the officials just turned thier heads. I don't care a lot, but it's really two faced to "crack down" on cheaters when the best VGC players in the world cheat.

I'm thinking more like 95%. Did anyone watch the 2013 VGC Livestream? It was legitametly all shiny legends and shiny pokemon, and the officials just turned thier heads. I don't care a lot, but it's really two faced to "crack down" on cheaters when the best VGC players in the world cheat.
In defence of that a lot of the comp players actually said on sites like nuggetbridge that their teams were RNG'd

I may be alone here but I'm kind of glad they're dropping DS Wi-Fi, which will (hopefully) free up the servers a bit. And it won't affect PokeTransporter since that uses 3DS Wi-Fi.

Hopefully it will stem the flow of hackmons coming through PokeBank, as well, since I suspect FakeGTS services will lose functionality. If I face one more all shiny, all 6IV, all HA team I swear...
This is why I love the Kalos-born rule in the official tourneys

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom