• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Chat Thread

Yeah, the current Special ruleset on Battle Spot is c/p VGC rules and it does make a difference. Though I've heard people have been Pokegen'ing stuff in Gen V as "Kalos born" and successfully transferring to Gen VI (these hack checks are really pathetic) and I'm not sure if they slip through the Kalos native ruleset or not. :-/

Yeah, the current Special ruleset on Battle Spot is c/p VGC rules and it does make a difference. Though I've heard people have been Pokegen'ing stuff in Gen V as "Kalos born" and successfully transferring to Gen VI (these hack checks are really pathetic) and I'm not sure if they slip through the Kalos native ruleset or not. :-/
It couldn't without the appropriate memo and origin data. Which you couldn't get in a 5th gen .pkm file anyway. The only way they could do that is if a powersave allowed you to edit them in such ways

Last edited:
Ah TF2...I was addicted to that back when the Orange Box came out, Spy's my favorite too but I'm most effective as an Engineer. Never going to touch Sniper since I find it hard to aim with a mouse (I'm more of a console FPS guy) and maybe a Heavy sometimes if the team needs it.

Sniper's not so bad once you adjust your mouse sensitivity settings for the game. Speaking of which, the one class that I never got used to was the Scout, I mean I can play all of the other classes quite well, but I just can't get used to the Scout and his insane speed, mainly because I suck at controlling the Scout's speed in general. :/
After playing Spy for a long time I don't like the thought of having myself out in the open like that, even with a Razorback. Same reasoning with the Heavy, it feels like it has tunnel vision because of his slow speed @_@ I actually do pretty well with Scout, I usually start with that on 2Fort and once managed to get 3 captures in a row and ended the game :D
Hats sound ridiculous, but ultimately the reason I'd play TF2. I actually stay away from games like DOTA, LoL, and TF2 as aside from pokemon I don't like competition very much. Probably stems from call of duty and my Xbox days.
Aw and I was gonna ask if anyone else here played LoL :p JustTheFx and I play there but I haven't been able to as much, as it requires you to sit down and dedicate a chunk of time for it. At least with Pokemon I can just pick it up and save whenever.

[/QUOTE]
Aw and I was gonna ask if anyone else here played LoL :p JustTheFx and I play there but I haven't been able to as much, as it requires you to sit down and dedicate a chunk of time for it. At least with Pokemon I can just pick it up and save whenever.[/QUOTE]

True, that's the main reason I avoid it. I don't have a lot of extra time to dedicate to another game series. I do like the gameplay though it looks like a really fun game.

I brought Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP2 today. Anyone listening to any new/good music? I gotta say I'm loving the range of emotions in this album and the fact that he can go from serious to joking in just a few verses.

I brought Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP2 today. Anyone listening to any new/good music? I gotta say I'm loving the range of emotions in this album and the fact that he can go from serious to joking in just a few verses.

Well they aren't strictly "new" anymore but I've developed serious addictions to the latest Fall Out Boy and Skillet albums, Save Rock and Roll and Rise, respectively.

Your looking at the #1 Eminem fan in the forums here. I got that album on release date and I still listen to it like its religion. As for new music, I dont really get into much stuff anymore. I find it more entertaining to go back and listen to old music ive never heard from the 70s and on and such. Musician habit.

Eminem's coming to NY on August 16th with Rihanna and ive decided to go since ive never gotten the chance to see my favorite artist in my whole life.

Your looking at the #1 Eminem fan in the forums here. I got that album on release date and I still listen to it like its religion. As for new music, I dont really get into much stuff anymore. I find it more entertaining to go back and listen to old music ive never heard from the 70s and on and such. Musician habit.

Eminem's coming to NY on August 16th with Rihanna and ive decided to go since ive never gotten the chance to see my favorite artist in my whole life.

Wow, I'm jealous man! Most musicians don't come through San Antonio, so I miss most good concerts. I bet that'll be plenty of fun.

Your a musician? What do you play? I play classical guitar and piano, but I'd like to start a Rock/Nu Metal band. I mostly listen to early 2000s hard rock, but some older stuff is really great!

Well they aren't strictly "new" anymore but I've developed serious addictions to the latest Fall Out Boy and Skillet albums, Save Rock and Roll and Rise, respectively.

Gosh I haven't heard a skillet album since Awake. The "new" Fallout Out Boy album is pretty great. I was glad to see they didn't have a drop in quality like some older bands that recently released a album.

Yeah the new year old FOB CD was great. tbh The MMLP2 was mediocre at best. At lot better than his other most recents.

I actually haven't practiced much but im a trombone player. Nothing to go all wild and crazy for but I mostly played a lot of jazz and latin back in high school days before I left.

While some say MMLP2 isnt all that, I feel like its a great direction away from Relapse and Recovery. While I liked Recovery, it wasnt the same Eminem I grew up with. MMLP2 recaptures, not entirely, but some of what he used to have back then.

"Bad Guy" , "Legacy" , "Rap God" , "Monster" , "Evil Twin" , "Survival" and "***hole" are my favorites off the album. Berzerk is the direction he goes in that I try to ignore.

Awake was also the last Skillet album I listened to, and still listen to from time to time :/

Gosh I haven't heard a skillet album since Awake. The "new" Fallout Out Boy album is pretty great. I was glad to see they didn't have a drop in quality like some older bands that recently released a album.
Awake was also the last Skillet album I listened to, and still listen to from time to time :/
Awake and Comatose were their best albums, in my opinion, but I'd put Rise right up there with them. I highly recommend it. Buy the album and play it straight through from the first track to the last, they're all fantastic.

I'm afraid I have no idea what y'all are talking about, as I listen almost exclusively to country and classic Rock. I know Eminem raps, but that's about it xD

This will sound strange, but does anyone else get social anxiety on Pokemon Showdown?

It took me the longest time to figure out why I got so nervous on Showdown when Link Battles/Battle-Spot didn't bother me, then I realized it was the chat function. Something about my opponent (who I already assume is judging my every move) being able to give live feedback on my team just stresses me out. :uhoh:

This will sound strange, but does anyone else get social anxiety on Pokemon Showdown?

It took me the longest time to figure out why I got so nervous on Showdown when Link Battles/Battle-Spot didn't bother me, then I realized it was the chat function. Something about my opponent (who I already assume is judging my every move) being able to give live feedback on my team just stresses me out. :uhoh:
I'm the other way around, I get way more anxious on wifi battles than on Showdown. :p Showdown feels more fast-paced and battles are easy to come by so I don't get to worry about misplays as much since I just move on to the next battle.

Can't speak much about random battles on wifi, but ranked and scheduled battles always make me nervous. I guess because it feels more physical as it's on the 3DS and the fact that you can choose battle music to psyche your mind into battle. Oh and probably because of how the HP meter climbs down instead of how it is on Showdown.

Does anyone play PlanetSide 2? I've been dabbling with free MMOs on my new computer, and I have to say I'm in love with this game!

Does anyone play PlanetSide 2? I've been dabbling with free MMOs on my new computer, and I have to say I'm in love with this game!
I wish but I can't play FPS games on a computer to save my life, I can't get used to aiming with a mouse. My first time playing Counter-Strike I made an entire LAN room crash...my game got glitchy which spawned error messages to everyone else in the game, I just left the internet cafe then and there :p

I do love dabbling in free MMOs as it's a nice break from class and Pokemon, I recently tried Ragnarok Online 2 (1st one is classic) and Rift. Speaking of, does anyone play Terraria around here? I got addicted to that on winter break and I was wondering if anyone else plays it or would like to. I ended up buying a 4-pack with a friend and haven't given out the other copies.

Why does Regice not get Freeze dry? On a flavor level it seems perfect for him.

I guess because older don't normally get new moves when they aren't included in the regular dex.

Why does Regice not get Freeze dry? On a flavor level it seems perfect for him.

I guess because older don't normally get new moves when they aren't included in the regular dex.
is articuno in the kalos dex? it just seems odd to me. I hope it's in the move tutor options, that would be a great move to see more of.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom