• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Chat Thread

So, what do you all think of the Suspect Test of Mega Gengar in Ubers? This is a pretty huge thing, as it is the first time a Pokémon has been called to remove from the metagame entirely.

Link to the thread.

.....First Aegislash now Mega Gengar, in Ubers of all places. Yeah, I'm gonna need more aspirin for this absurd ridiculousness.

So, what do you all think of the Suspect Test of Mega Gengar in Ubers? This is a pretty huge thing, as it is the first time a Pokémon has been called to remove from the metagame entirely.

Link to the thread.

.....First Aegislash now Mega Gengar, in Ubers of all places. Yeah, I'm gonna need more aspirin for this absurd ridiculousness.

Won't happen. Primal Kyogre will be the first Pokemon banned from Ubers.

Link to the thread.

Won't happen. Primal Kyogre will be the first Pokemon banned from Ubers.
reading through the thread, not too sure of that anymore. seems like there's a lot of support to get rid of him (and gothitelle) because of shadow tag.

(for some reason my post was quoted in the wrong spot!)

Last edited:
Im going to play a scenario.

252 DEF/252 HP/4 ATK AV Zygarde vs 252 HP/252 SP.ATK/4ATK (the one under usage on smogon :loopy:)

Aegi uses Shadow Ball on said zygarde, 86% damage done, (assuming here, couldn't get the calc working)

An unboosted Zygarde hits it and OHKO's it.

And in any other scenario Zygarde comes out on top. (please do prove me wrong its 11:30 pm at night im tired)

So, when something that isn't even OU counters a Uber pokemon, take notice.

252 DEF/252 HP/4 ATK AV Zygarde vs 252 HP/252 SP.ATK/4ATK (the one under usage on smogon :loopy:)

Aegi uses Shadow Ball on said zygarde, 86% damage done, (assuming here, couldn't get the calc working)

And in any other scenario Zygarde comes out on top. (please do prove me wrong its 11:30 pm at night im tired)

Now, I'm not for an Aegislash ban - I'm voting no. But this logic is incredibly flawed. If you are forced to use an unviable Pokemon to counter something, that's evidence that supports a ban. What you're basically saying is "Lanturn walls Kyogre, unban that shit right now"

I've only had two battles, and in both cases, they were complete walkovers. The difference being that one was for me, the other was for my opponent.

Zygarde isn't unviable in OU ATM - I've used a ChestoResto set with Coil and Edgequake to some success in OU. It's just not good enough to get the necessary usage to climb out of BL. Mark my words, when Thousand Waves is released, it'll be broken as hell. The ability to trap something without having to stay in on them is broken beyond belief, and whichever form gets it will be the destruction of stall teams even in Ubers.

I think Thousand Arrows will be the move that will skyrocket Zygarde into usage, with an attack that is almost as powerful as EQ that hits everything including Gengar, Skarmory, and Thundurus, it'll be a very good sweeper.

I think Thousand Arrows will be the move that will skyrocket Zygarde into usage, with an attack that is almost as powerful as EQ that hits everything including Gengar, Skarmory, and Thundurus, it'll be a very good sweeper.

Both Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves will sky rocket Zygarde, much like what happened to Kyurem.

Waves actually sounds pretty mediocre to me assuming it's just EQ with a Mean Look side effect as the description seems to suggest. Arrows will be much better IMO.

I think that it will be only obtainable via some Japan-exclusive event for the first year or so after its official release, whenever that might be.

Yes, that is exactly what I think about in that regard. Usage... eh, we shall see.

I think that it will be only obtainable via some Japan-exclusive event for the first year or so after its official release, whenever that might be.

Yes, that is exactly what I think about in that regard. Usage... eh, we shall see.

Probably not. Like I said it might be similar to the Kyurem situation.

From what I've heard, Waves's effect stays even after you switch, which is the broken part. If it doesn't, then it may be worth just using EQ instead. But in Balanced Hackmons battles I've played, Waves does not go away if the opponent switches.(Sure, a pivot move gets rid of it, but not everything has those, and Shedinja may actually see some use as being immune to said pivot moves and being able to kill something that can't touch it.) Mean Look and friends suck because you can't keep them in effect by switching. Once something's been hit with Waves, you can simply switch to the appropriate wall, kill the opposing mon, go back to Zygarde, and repeat until the opposing team has some gaping holes in it.

Is there some sort of confirmation that that's the case or is it just a programming error on PS!'s part?

Is there some sort of confirmation that that's the case or is it just a programming error on PS!'s part?

Likely a glitch. Bulbapedia doesn't have a page listed for it. Someone likely took Serebii's description of it literally.

Now, I'm not for an Aegislash ban - I'm voting no. But this logic is incredibly flawed. If you are forced to use an unviable Pokemon to counter something, that's evidence that supports a ban. What you're basically saying is "Lanturn walls Kyogre, unban that shit right now"

Lanturn walls Kyogre?

Zygarde is in BL which is considered too good for uu and too bad for uu.

Lanturn walls Kyogre?

BL is Borderline, or more appropriately the Ban List of UU. It's Pokemon who are too powerful for UU but not used enough for OU. All tiers are based on usages besides Ubers, BL, and BL2.

Lanturn walls Kyogre?

Yes, assuming Water Spout/Ice Beam/Thunder/(Surf/Hydro Pump) Scarf Timid (which is standard). Water Spout in rain does ~45%, but as Lanturn hits it with TBolt or Thunder that power decreases each turn so Lanturn will always come out on top.

Well it happened. It was close but it happened. Aegislash to Ubers by a 62% vote. Only needed 60% of the votes to make it. Closer than Lando-I last gen. We'll likely see Aegislash back in OU come the Suspect Tests for ORAS.

*shakes head* Smogon you disappoint me, you truly do especially with the Aegislash Ban BS.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom