• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Chat Thread

^ I gotta try those out! Thanks!

I've been enjoying this OR/AS OU. I was using Icicle Crash Pikachu last night but it was still hella weak. CroBro(is that what it's called?) is also pretty threatening if you don't have a solid counter like I did.

^ I gotta try those out! Thanks!

I've been enjoying this OR/AS OU. I was using Icicle Crash Pikachu last night but it was still hella weak. CroBro(is that what it's called?) is also pretty threatening if you don't have a solid counter like I did.

BTW the PS! Admin hasn't implemented Light Ball on the cosplay Pikachu's yet.

Been playing some DPP OU recently, trying to learn the tier
And damn, it's so weird to see Empoleon and Swampert and Flygon all in OU, as well as the Latis banned

And damn, it's so weird to see Empoleon and Swampert and Flygon all in OU, as well as the Latis banned

Ah DPP OU. Such a great Meta. Most balanced its ever been. Also being able to seeing Suicune and Metagross running around seems fun too.

...Oh. I still run Empoleon on all my OU teams. Guess nobody ever told me that was weird. :bheart:

...Oh. I still run Empoleon on all my OU teams. Guess nobody ever told me that was weird. :bheart:

Empoleon did gain some viability in ORAS since its SpDef set can check Hydro/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse/Gunk Shot Greninja... but due to the fact that Greninja commonly runs Low Kick over Hydro, it's still not much.

Empoleon did gain some viability in ORAS since its SpDef set can check Hydro/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse/Gunk Shot Greninja... but due to the fact that Greninja commonly runs Low Kick over Hydro, it's still not much.
I like to bring him in early to set up rocks and then wreak some havoc with Scald and Roar. He's almost never been a liability on my team.

So what do you all think the best play-style is as of now, in OU?

I'm just curious, since I've kinda lost touch with how teams work.

A well-built Stall team is almost unbeatable by team matchup alone. You need either a dedicated stallcrusher or good predicting skills to take out a well-made and decently played stall team.

A well-built Stall team is almost unbeatable by team matchup alone. You need either a dedicated stallcrusher or good predicting skills to take out a well-made and decently played stall team.

I would disagree. Stall is one of the most matchup dependent playstyles, as it's impossible to cover all 718 Pokemon in just 6 slots. Of course, you only have to cover the OU relevant ones, but even then you're always going to be weak to something.

Of course right now, the best sort of team is the sort of team that has Mega Salamence on it. No need to look further than that.

I would disagree. Stall is one of the most matchup dependent playstyles, as it's impossible to cover all 718 Pokemon in just 6 slots. Of course, you only have to cover the OU relevant ones, but even then you're always going to be weak to something.

Of course right now, the best sort of team is the sort of team that has Mega Salamence on it. No need to look further than that.

Thankfully not for much longer. I'd like to see how OU settles after the quickban goes through. Likely a larger focus on Greninja due to Gunk Shot. I'm guessing we'll see a Greninja suspect test in the future. Maybe one involving Mega Metagross and the Mega Lati's as well after the settling from Salamence.

Thankfully not for much longer. I'd like to see how OU settles after the quickban goes through. Likely a larger focus on Greninja due to Gunk Shot. I'm guessing we'll see a Greninja suspect test in the future. Maybe one involving Mega Metagross and the Mega Lati's as well after the settling from Salamence.

Honestly, I don't see Greninja getting suspected, it's just too frail.

Its also too fast, too strong, has the best ability in the game, and has an insanely deep movepool. Greninja causes a lot of guessing games due to its unpredictability. After the ban of M-Salamence we'll need time to see how the Meta settles, be it with a large focus on Greninja or a slim focus on Greninja, but I think we'll see a Suspect test for him coming very soon.

Its also too fast, too strong, has the best ability in the game, and has an insanely deep movepool. Greninja causes a lot of guessing games due to its unpredictability. After the ban of M-Salamence we'll need time to see how the Meta settles, be it with a large focus on Greninja or a slim focus on Greninja, but I think we'll see a Suspect test for him coming very soon.

Super agree with this. Greninja is too strong and has too many options to not be considered for a suspect test. I'm interested to see how it turns out, I'll actually be trying to get Reqs for this one so I can vote (last one I voted in was the MLucario round of testing. )

I've heard mumblings of a possible M-Sableye suspect test as well. I'm not sure that's at all true, I don't think he's anywhere near as good as people seem to think he is.

Super agree with this. Greninja is too strong and has too many options to not be considered for a suspect test. I'm interested to see how it turns out, I'll actually be trying to get Reqs for this one so I can vote (last one I voted in was the MLucario round of testing. )

I've heard mumblings of a possible M-Sableye suspect test as well. I'm not sure that's at all true, I don't think he's anywhere near as good as people seem to think he is.

Of all Pokemon to get a Suspect I think that M-Sableye would be the last. I personally haven't played much of ORAS OU since PS! was down when I wanted to do a few battles but from all of the pre-release stuff M-Sableye seemed to be worse off than Sableye itself.

I don't think too many Mega's will be banned this time around. The Lati Mega's and M-Salamence are the only ones I can see gone.

I'd like to see Aegislash be reintigrated due to its banning being so close (within 3% iirc).

Of all Pokemon to get a Suspect I think that M-Sableye would be the last. I personally haven't played much of ORAS OU since PS! was down when I wanted to do a few battles but from all of the pre-release stuff M-Sableye seemed to be worse off than Sableye itself.

I don't think too many Mega's will be banned this time around. The Lati Mega's and M-Salamence are the only ones I can see gone.

I'd like to see Aegislash be reintigrated due to its banning being so close (within 3% iirc).

You haven't been playing any good MSableye, then. A well played MSableye on a well built stall team can grant complete control over the battle's flow. Many high level stall players consider it a better stall mega than Slowbro.

I've seen a 1v1 battle that took longer than that. It lasted 512 turns.(Yes, two pokes took 512 turns to KO each other.) Albeit that 1v1 battle was intentional, that's still a good feat. I've managed to get a replay that lasted almost 300 turns with one of my stall teams.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom