• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Discussion

I don't think Contrary Spinda is released yet, but I plan on making an NU/RU team based around it. So far I'm thinking

Spinda@Life Orb/Leftovers
Contrary
Adamant

252 HP/252 Attack/4 Speed

Superpower
Sucker Punch
Double Edge/Return
Fake Out/Wild Charge/Substitute

Contrary means Spinda gets a free Bulk Up from Superpower and a very strong attack. Sucker Punch works hand-in-hand with Superpower providing great coverage and a form of priority. Next is STAB move after stats have risen to suitable levels and for doing decent damage in general. Last slot is coverage filler. Spinda has terrible stats all around but it might work well if it catches the opponent off gaurd.

YALL HEAR THE ANNOUNCEMENT? THOSE TWO MYSTERY MOVES, ICE SHOCK AND FREEZE BURN OR WHATEVER? KYUREM HAS 3 FORMS. but thats all i know. I'm thinking fire/ice and electric/ice. but that would suck, both have 4x weakness to EQ. if they both had levitate, though...

Electric/ Ice would not have the 4x weakness to ground. I really think it should have an ability to give it the Dragon type along with Ice and the extra type. I love the theme of the Kyurem reforming, and I hope that some new Pokemon are added as well, but that's a very slim chance.

Yeah, I think the Kyurem parts really do add to asthetics of Reshiram and Zekrom. I'd say you're right and they'll end up both being Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire or both Ice/Dragon. Also, if it were either of the former two types it only has a regular 2x weakness to EQ. They both also have 2x weakness to Rock and pretty bad typing defensively. Although STAB BoltBeam along with access to a ton of coverage moves could help Zekrom, if only a little. Dragon/Ice is far worse than Dragon, but slightly better than Ice defensively.

I don't see Kyurem losing its dragon typing. nor its ice-typing. We are likely to see an ability which compensates for "the third type".

@Angad
nitpick = ice/electric would be 2x weak to ground not 4x.

@Synthesis
btw, there is a major discussion about dw spinda being used successfully with assist(move) at smogon. Check it out if it interests you.

lets pretend the above comment didn't happen. i think how things are looking is this so far. ice/electric and ice/fire would be OU, but if it keeps dragon, its probably going to uber.

The "above comment" has been deleted.

And I sure as hell didn't expect this to actually be real. Holy crap, was I thrown for a loop.

Because Ice isn't weak to Ground. Yeesh, I remember saying something like that in a blog.

Opinions on Probopass as a Steel trapper? It's outclassed by Magnezone a lot, but it is funny seeing it troll with HP Fire and Sunny Day, Sub, etc.

^this.

It has a base 70 powered move coming from a terrible special attack, with a 4x weakness to some to the most common attacking types. nope.

Absolutely no reason to use probopass. I guess magneton could pass as useable if you want a faster trapper, but at that point you might as well use scarfzone.

What are your thoughts on Breloom this gen?

It's so good when it can pull off a Spore, a Sub or a Swords Dance and it has amazing sweeping potential quite often. But, if you don't get the initial set up, on TechniLoom or Poison Heal Breloom, it's fairly meh and dies too easily. It's definitely a formidable foe and useful aly though.

Last edited:
very irritating. scarftran usually does the job.

also, tier changes come out next month, i'll post the updates here to make sure everyone sees.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom