• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Discussion

hate to double post, but if i don't, nobody would read this.

tier changes:

ubers: unchanged.

OU: unchanged

BL: deoxys-d up from UU

UU: Sharpedo, Gligar, Claydol, Honchkrow, all up from RU; Yanmega up from BL2

BL2: unchanged

RU: mespirit up from NU

NU: charizard, Ludicolo, sawsbuck, all down from RU

(Data) Smogon University PO Statistics — March 2012 - Smogon Community

charizard in NU? i don't know a thing about NU. how'll he do?

I think Charizard has finally found a place where he's good. I'm not surprised with the shifts, but it's still sad to watch Ludicolo fall so far from the beginning of the gen.

Has anyone ever tried SubPunch Azumarill w/ Rain in OU. A little underwhelming, but surprisingly good utility, considering Jellicent has dropped in usage.

SubPunch Azumarill doesn't sound like a bad set, however his greater use is as a Aqua Jet user in rain teams.

SubPunch Azumarill doesn't sound like a bad set, however his greater use is as a Aqua Jet user in rain teams.

It could certainly be both, albeit, it is underwhelming at times without the band.

Well it can lure in and ko shit like ferrothorn. It also gets 101 hp subs if it is important. Most importantly, it actually allows you to change moves. I am talking about something like sub/punch/aqua jet/ice punch.252 hp/att

Well it can lure in and ko shit like ferrothorn. It also gets 101 hp subs if it is important. Most importantly, it actually allows you to change moves. I am talking about something like sub/punch/aqua jet/ice punch.252 hp/att

I run Waterfall in place of Ice Punch in Rain, which makes me walled by D-Nite, but gives me hella power.

Gliscor literally centralizes the damned game around it. He is the reason why mienshao and landorus carry hp ice. He hardcounters a shit number of mons like Heracross, conky, golurk, etc. His sub + protect set is impossible to beat without skarmory or bronzong. And don't get me started on his AcroBat set which can sweep teams 6-0 by simply abusing sand veil hax. And the worst part is that while Skarm and Rotom can defeat some sets, they can't defeat all.

Gliscor literally centralizes the damned game around it. He is the reason why mienshao and landorus carry hp ice. He hardcounters a shit number of mons like Heracross, conky, golurk, etc. His sub + protect set is impossible to beat without skarmory or bronzong. And don't get me started on his AcroBat set which can sweep teams 6-0 by simply abusing sand veil hax. And the worst part is that while Skarm and Rotom can defeat some sets, they can't defeat all.

Gliscor is actually my most feared Pokemon when battling, not Scizor or Rotom-W or any of the other top 6 Pokemon. It literally is so annoying when he/she Toxic Stalls me or just wrecks my teams with one of the other sets.

Gliscor is actually my most feared Pokemon when battling, not Scizor or Rotom-W or any of the other top 6 Pokemon. It literally is so annoying when he/she Toxic Stalls me or just wrecks my teams with one of the other sets.

And boy, team that bat with celebi and heatran and witness an extremely effective defensive core stall you out.

Gliscor is a nuisance, but it is hardly overcentralizing.

I'm really loving Shed Skin Scrafty at the moment which I decided to use after Sharking mentioned having success with it, but with Dragon Tail over Crunch (I'm a stall/hazards kinda guy). People really don't know how to handle it and when they see Bulk Up think its going to be easy to deal with special attackers, but the investment in special defence really pays off. It's won me quite a few matches to date, with some of my losses being attributed to Substitute Gengar causing issues and getting very lucky with Focus Blast hits.

I'm really loving Shed Skin Scrafty at the moment which I decided to use after Sharking mentioned having success with it, but with Dragon Tail over Crunch (I'm a stall/hazards kinda guy). People really don't know how to handle it and when they see Bulk Up think its going to be easy to deal with special attackers, but the investment in special defence really pays off. It's won me quite a few matches to date, with some of my losses being attributed to Substitute Gengar causing issues and getting very lucky with Focus Blast hits.

I remember suggesting d-tail somewhere in the past but everybody was so busy fangasming over his coverage that they forgot that scrafty can be set-up on simultaneously by conkeldurr. Anyway, one thing I don't like about Scrafty is how he needs atleast a couple of turns to become threatening. And while his special defense is incredible, I find him vulnerable to trick and uber powerful moves like draco meteor. I never have problems with it maybe because most players I have encountered send it very early on.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom