• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Mega Evolution Thread

Unaware Clefable can make use of Cosmic Power too.

Anyway, I don't see Lopunny making it to OU. Altaria will probably go to OU by virtue of its typing alone. The only Fairy type in UU is Florges, and it's stats are pretty lopsided. Altaria will actually be able to take hits well on both sides and pack a decent punch thanks to Pixilate + Hyper Voice. I'm thinking it'll have stats similar to MVenu. Mega Salamence just seems strange. It'll definitely be OU by sheer usage alone, but IDK how effective it will be if MMawile is still around, as well as Sylveon and Azumarill. Return really hurts though, even unboosted, and it will be a great answer to MVenu. Mence will be good against Gen VI stall in general.

Unaware Clefable uses Calm Mind so its not a sitting duck. Using Cosmic Power is begging for a crit or for something like SD Mold Breaker Excadrill or DD MGyarados (you don't MEvolve until you're ready to attack so you don't get a Fairy weakness) to set up on you and sweep your team.

Since MMence is said to get a big Def boost + it has Intimidate pre MEvo, I don't see MMawile giving it too much trouble even if it remains unbanned as it will be able to eat a Sucker Punch and retaliate with a boosted EQ or a Fire Blast depending on how much it's set up already. Same with Azu - Aqua Jet will do diddly squat and this is what Azu will be eating in return (harhar u c wat I did there): +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 441-520 (109.1 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO And that's without boosting his Atk stat at all, it's still base 135. All I did was give him Aerilate and a DD boost.

Unaware Clefable uses Calm Mind so its not a sitting duck. Using Cosmic Power is begging for a crit or for something like SD Mold Breaker Excadrill or DD MGyarados (you don't MEvolve until you're ready to attack so you don't get a Fairy weakness) to set up on you and sweep your team.

You would never leave Clefable in on Excadrill anyway, and MGyara is more rare than other Megas. I wasn't speaking to the move's viability, btw.

Since MMence is said to get a big Def boost + it has Intimidate pre MEvo, I don't see MMawile giving it too much trouble even if it remains unbanned as it will be able to eat a Sucker Punch and retaliate with a boosted EQ or a Fire Blast depending on how much it's set up already. Same with Azu - Aqua Jet will do diddly squat and this is what Azu will be eating in return (harhar u c wat I did there): +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 441-520 (109.1 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO And that's without boosting his Atk stat at all, it's still base 135. All I did was give him Aerilate and a DD boost.

Mega Mawile can still switch in on half of its moveset (assuming DD, Dragon STAB + 2 attacks) and KO it next turn with Play Rough while Salamence can't K.O. back with anything (assuming +Speed nature and 252 ATK). Mega Mawile can almost always scare it out too, even at +1 thanks to Intimidate. Mega Altaria may be able to check it similarly. Physically Defensive Sylveon can check it similarly provided it isn't running Steel Wing. I didn't realize Mence could OHKO Azumarill at +1 with Aerilate + Return though.

Mence may be able to afford to run some bulk and an Adamant nature to get past Sylveon and some others though, as I'm sure it's Defense stat will be at least on par with Charizard X's. I could see Mega Salamence running something like 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe to give it a good amount of bulk and allow it to boost comfortably in the priority-infested meta of Gen VI.

Now I'm interested in Mega Mence...

EDIT: I had forgotten that Aerilate (on top of changing the typing) boosts Normal moves by 30%, which is significant. That's why I was so surprised by that calc against Azumarill (who is itself pretty bulky).

Last edited:
You would never leave Clefable in on Excadrill anyway, and MGyara is more rare than other Megas. I wasn't speaking to the move's viability, btw.

If Exca forces you out and gets up a SD for free that's even worse than you staying in and hitting him with a Flamethrower to soften him up for priority user down the line, so if a player was trying to use CP then they would indeed stay in. And MGyara is easily one of the top 5 Megas along with Charizard (both forms are fantastic, but X is the best MEvolution in OU while Y is more on par with the other 4), Pinsir, TTar, Venusaur, and Scizor (not counting Mawile, who will likely be banned)

Mega Mawile can still switch in on half of its moveset (assuming DD, Dragon STAB + 2 attacks) and KO it next turn with Play Rough while Salamence can't K.O. back with anything (assuming +Speed nature and 252 ATK). Mega Mawile can almost always scare it out too, even at +1 thanks to Intimidate. Mega Altaria may be able to check it similarly. Physically Defensive Sylveon can check it similarly provided it isn't running Steel Wing. I didn't realize Mence could OHKO Azumarill at +1 with Aerilate + Return though.

Mence may be able to afford to run some bulk and an Adamant nature to get past Sylveon and some others though, as I'm sure it's Defense stat will be at least on par with Charizard X's. I could see Mega Salamence running something like 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe to give it a good amount of bulk and allow it to boost comfortably in the priority-infested meta of Gen VI.

Now I'm interested in Mega Mence...

EDIT: I had forgotten that Aerilate (on top of changing the typing) boosts Normal moves by 30%, which is significant. That's why I was so surprised by that calc against Azumarill (who is itself pretty bulky).

Salamence won't run Dragon STAB - he'll have DDance/Return/EQ/(Fire Blast/Roost), I guarantee it. So, looking at standard MMawile:

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch/Fire Fang
- Substitute/Swords Dance

it becomes clear that MMawile is at best a soft check to Mence, as it CANNOT switch in to abuse Intimidate lest it be swiftly 2HKOed (-1 252+ Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Mawile: 190-224 (69.3 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, 4 SpA Salamence Fire Blast vs. 132 HP / 4 SpD Mawile: 276-326 (100.7 - 118.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO) and if it has already MEvolved, then it can't switch in on DDance, FB, or EQ or else it will either be 2HKOed or else do pitiful damage with Sucker Punch (252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 131-155 (39.5 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO - this is without a Def boost, and we know MMence gets a big one, so the damage will be even more pitiful than this) before being destroyed by a boosted EQ (+1 252+ Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 306-360 (111.6 - 131.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO).

Sylveon is the opposite of a MMence check. +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 346-408 (87.8 - 103.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock.

Altaria falls in a similar boat. +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 274-324 (94.1 - 111.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Type: D/Fairy so SR is only 12.5%) I gave Altaria +50 Def, which is clearly overshooting but it demonstrates my point, and I still haven't boosted Salamence's Atk stat. Altaria is clearly built to be offensive, so I didn't give it defensive EVs, but let's take a look at that calc vs a bulky attacker: +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 274-324 (77.4 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Assuming 1 switch-in to SR before MEvolving) and +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 274-324 (77.4 - 91.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (No Rocks until after Mevolution.) Mence still has a chance to OHKO, and I know I've overshot Altaria's Def and undershot Salamence's attack, so... I'm gonna say no on MAltaria being a check. Also btw Steel Wing is terrible and if you ever seriously suggest it as a coverage move people will laugh at you. You may be like, "b-but Fairies!" but check this out:

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 346-408 (87.8 - 103.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ Atk Salamence Steel Wing vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 244-288 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Steel Wing is bad.

I guarantee that MMence will always run Adamant because 1) it clearly gets a Speed boost from the looks of its design and 2) It has DDance so its Speed is being boosted anyways. Gyarados, DNite, CharX... Every DDancer in the game runs Adamant. And I imagine his best sets will not be bulky but will have some SpA EVs for KOs with Fire Blast, but I'm not sure what the benchmark will be because we don't know the boosts yet.

If it's indeed true, Mega Slowbro and Audino were introduced, with (crappy) abilities. Audino gets Healer, while Slowbro gets Shell Armor. I don't see Audino getting much use, while Slowbro can still be a tank considering it would get increased defenses. A low UU to be its placement for my guess.

If it's indeed true, Mega Slowbro and Audino were introduced, with (crappy) abilities. Audino gets Healer, while Slowbro gets Shell Armor. I don't see Audino getting much use, while Slowbro can still be a tank considering it would get increased defenses. A low UU to be its placement for my guess.

Well it's on Serebii and they're pretty trustworthy. I can see MAudino going up a tier or two to RU or UU as a wall, but it's clearly geared for Doubles which is not my field of expertise. Slowbro is so sad, he was already OU viable with Regenerator and they just took that away from him. I guess the Mega might get some use but without its Regenerator I doubt it will be worth the opportunity cost of not getting to use Venusaur or CharX, who are cornerstones of stall.

If Exca forces you out and gets up a SD for free that's even worse than you staying in and hitting him with a Flamethrower to soften him up for priority user down the line, so if a player was trying to use CP then they would indeed stay in. And MGyara is easily one of the top 5 Megas along with Charizard (both forms are fantastic, but X is the best MEvolution in OU while Y is more on par with the other 4), Pinsir, TTar, Venusaur, and Scizor (not counting Mawile, who will likely be banned)

Cosmic Power Clefable would most likely be used on a stall team, in which case a better check to Excadrill would likely be on the team (MScizor, Skarmory, Mandibuzz, etc.). I don't speak from personal usage experience, however.

Also:

--Showdown Mega Statistics--

Charizard Y 8.98678%
Charizard X 8.31598%
Venusaur 7.82291%
Scizor 6.30272%
Mawile 6.16497%
Gardevoir 4.84019%
Pinsir 4.60553%
Manectric 4.54528%
Medicham 3.88033%
Gyarados 3.77164% <---- Being the tenth most used Mega qualifies as somewhat rare, IMO.
Tyranitar 3.63070%
Garchomp 3.44417%
Heracross 3.17317%
Blastoise 2.36187%
Alakazam 2.29494%
Aggron 1.58009%
Absol 1.57174%
Aerodactyl 1.41537%
Ampharos 1.35715%

Salamence won't run Dragon STAB - he'll have DDance/Return/EQ/(Fire Blast/Roost), I guarantee it. So, looking at standard MMawile:

Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch/Fire Fang

it becomes clear that MMawile is at best a soft check to Mence, as it CANNOT switch in to abuse Intimidate lest it be swiftly 2HKOed (-1 252+ Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Mawile: 190-224 (69.3 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, 4 SpA Salamence Fire Blast vs. 132 HP / 4 SpD Mawile: 276-326 (100.7 - 118.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO) and if it has already MEvolved, then it can't switch in on DDance, FB, or EQ or else it will either be 2HKOed or else do pitiful damage with Sucker Punch (252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 131-155 (39.5 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO - this is without a Def boost, and we know MMence gets a big one, so the damage will be even more pitiful than this) before being destroyed by a boosted EQ (+1 252+ Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 306-360 (111.6 - 131.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO).

I actually agree with you that a Dragon STAB may not be necessary. Still, the fact that Mega Mawile can revenge/scare out Mega Mence is rather annoying given Mawile's relative popularity.

Sylveon is the opposite of a MMence check. +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 346-408 (87.8 - 103.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock.

Altaria falls in a similar boat. +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 274-324 (94.1 - 111.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Type: D/Fairy so SR is only 12.5%) I gave Altaria +50 Def, which is clearly overshooting but it demonstrates my point, and I still haven't boosted Salamence's Atk stat. Altaria is clearly built to be offensive, so I didn't give it defensive EVs, but let's take a look at that calc vs a bulky attacker: +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 274-324 (77.4 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Assuming 1 switch-in to SR before MEvolving) and +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 274-324 (77.4 - 91.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (No Rocks until after Mevolution.) Mence still has a chance to OHKO, and I know I've overshot Altaria's Def and undershot Salamence's attack, so... I'm gonna say no on MAltaria being a check.

Yeah, I forgot about the 30% boost of Aerilate when I wrote that.

252 Atk Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery <--- This was with just the type change of Return to Flying.

252 Atk Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Altaria (+30 DEF): 147-174 (41.5 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO <--- This was with just the type change of Return to Flying.

My b.

Also btw Steel Wing is terrible and if you ever seriously suggest it as a coverage move people will laugh at you. You may be like, "b-but Fairies!" but check this out:

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 346-408 (87.8 - 103.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ Atk Salamence Steel Wing vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 244-288 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Steel Wing is bad.

I thought the BP of Steel Wing was 80 (turns out it's 70), which would make it > Flying type return (w/o Aerilate boost). So yeah, my b again.

I guarantee that MMence will always run Adamant because 1) it clearly gets a Speed boost from the looks of its design and 2) It has DDance so its Speed is being boosted anyways. Gyarados, DNite, CharX... Every DDancer in the game runs Adamant. And I imagine his best sets will not be bulky but will have some SpA EVs for KOs with Fire Blast, but I'm not sure what the benchmark will be because we don't know the boosts yet.

Interesting calc: Salamence only has to run 92 SpA EVs to OHKO Ferrothorn after SR currently.

So sad that Mega Slowbro got that bad ability. Is there any set where you could use that ability in a good way?

Calm Mind + 3 attacks. With Shell Armor it won't fear critical hits while boosting its defenses.

Or like some have already suggested Scald / Calm Mind / Rest / Sleep Talk. Same idea, but mono-attacking. But this set seems pretty bad to me though (especially at the cost of using a Mega), IDK.

So sad that Mega Slowbro got that bad ability. Is there any set where you could use that ability in a good way?

Calm Mind + 3 attacks. With Shell Armor it won't fear critical hits while boosting its defenses.

Or like some have already suggested Scald / Calm Mind / Rest / Sleep Talk. Same idea, but mono-attacking. But this set seems pretty bad to me though (especially at the cost of using a Mega), IDK.
Faering crits is not that big of a deal while setting up, or am I wrong? Crits are always feared.

Nintendo probably found out about FunBro, so they decided to give it Shell Armor
These Pokemon will most likely be seen in VGC 2015. They're both bulky, and can heal themselves/teammates relatively well. Too bad they can be Taunt bait though (unless Slowbro runs Oblivious). Mega Audino gets fairy typing, but Steel Types are still running around in every tier. Might catch people off guard (just like when I used Wigglytuff in VGC 2014) and attack it with a fighting move.

Cosmic Power Clefable would most likely be used on a stall team, in which case a better check to Excadrill would likely be on the team (MScizor, Skarmory, Mandibuzz, etc.). I don't speak from personal usage experience, however.

Also:

--Showdown Mega Statistics--

Charizard Y 8.98678%
Charizard X 8.31598%
Venusaur 7.82291%
Scizor 6.30272%
Mawile 6.16497%
Gardevoir 4.84019%
Pinsir 4.60553%
Manectric 4.54528%
Medicham 3.88033%
Gyarados 3.77164% <---- Being the tenth most used Mega qualifies as somewhat rare, IMO.
Tyranitar 3.63070%
Garchomp 3.44417%
Heracross 3.17317%
Blastoise 2.36187%
Alakazam 2.29494%
Aggron 1.58009%
Absol 1.57174%
Aerodactyl 1.41537%
Ampharos 1.35715%

Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch/Fire Fang

I actually agree with you that a Dragon STAB may not be necessary. Still, the fact that Mega Mawile can revenge/scare out Mega Mence is rather annoying given Mawile's relative popularity.

Altaria falls in a similar boat. +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 274-324 (94.1 - 111.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Type: D/Fairy so SR is only 12.5%) I gave Altaria +50 Def, which is clearly overshooting but it demonstrates my point, and I still haven't boosted Salamence's Atk stat. Altaria is clearly built to be offensive, so I didn't give it defensive EVs, but let's take a look at that calc vs a bulky attacker: +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 274-324 (77.4 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Assuming 1 switch-in to SR before MEvolving) and +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 274-324 (77.4 - 91.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (No Rocks until after Mevolution.) Mence still has a chance to OHKO, and I know I've overshot Altaria's Def and undershot Salamence's attack, so... I'm gonna say no on MAltaria being a check.

Yeah, I forgot about the 30% boost of Aerilate when I wrote that.

252 Atk Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery <--- This was with just the type change of Return to Flying.

252 Atk Salamence Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Altaria (+30 DEF): 147-174 (41.5 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO <--- This was with just the type change of Return to Flying.

My b.

Also btw Steel Wing is terrible and if you ever seriously suggest it as a coverage move people will laugh at you. You may be like, "b-but Fairies!" but check this out:

Steel Wing is bad.

I thought the BP of Steel Wing was 80 (turns out it's 70), which would make it > Flying type return (w/o Aerilate boost). So yeah, my b again.

Interesting calc: Salamence only has to run 92 SpA EVs to OHKO Ferrothorn after SR currently.

Trust me, CP Clef is garbage and stall runs CM. If you were to check the 1760 stats (not sure if they're public but they're used for tiering) you'd see that MGyara is much more popular with good players than the whole ladder stats would make it seem, and tbh that's all that really matters. You know you can't trust those stats when they show CharY being used over CharX :p

My point is that Mawile does not RK or force out MMence. Sucker Punch does crap damage and the only move it can switch on on is Return and that's only if it has full HP, otherwise it will get annihilated next turn. Mawile is utterly horrid as a MMence check, MMence walks all over it.

Faering crits is not that big of a deal while setting up, or am I wrong? Crits are always feared.

First off, the CroBro set people are suggesting is not RestTalk. It's CM/Scald/Ice Beam/Slack Off. No need to use Rest when you have an actual good recovery move.

Second, to answer your question: Defensive boosters fear crits more than anyone because if your Bisharp or whatever gets crit either a) you shrug it off and kill the foe or b) you would have been killed anyway - with sweepers there are moves that kill them and moves that don't, and at worst the crit sped up your death by a single turn. With defensive boosters, a crit (since it pierced defenses) basically means you lose the game since your wincon gets it's ass handed to it. (This is why Cosmic Power sucks: With CM, Coil, Quiver Dance, or Bulk Up, you could stop setting up and whip the opponent's ass with a boosted STAB move at any second. With CP, they're free to switch to something that checks you, set up alongside you, then just fish for a crit as they eat your weak attacks with ease). With Shell Armor, max Defense EVs, a Bold nature, Scald burns, and several Calm Minds, even SE hits will bounce off of MSlowbro who can retaliate with boosted Scalds and heal with Slack Off when necessary. If he had a different ability, though, a crit TBolt or Shadow Ball would OHKO him, making you lose the game. Shell Armor prevents that.

Last edited:
I fear that Mega Slowbro will be outright indestructible
At least, I can not think off the top of my head what could be done to KO a defense-boosting Shell Armor Pokemon with a well above average defensive typing and insane bulk apart from toxic-stalling or getting multiple CM boosts on an Unaware Clefable

Last edited:
I fear that Mega Slowbro will be outright indestructible
At least, I can not think off the top of my head what could be done to KO a defense-boosting Shell Armor Pokemon with a well above average defensive typing and insane bulk apart from toxic-stalling or getting multiple CM boosts on an Unaware Clefable

252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (base 160/+50) Slowbro: 310-370 (78.6 - 93.9%) -- approx. 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (160/+50 Base Def) Slowbro: 374-439 (94.9 - 111.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (65 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (160 Base) Slowbro: 304-359 (77.1 - 91.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (you know the drill) Slowbro: 340-400 (86.2 - 101.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD (100 Base SpDef/+20) Slowbro: 250-296 (63.4 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 368-434 (93.4 - 110.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 152-180 (38.5 - 45.6%) -- 74.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and sandstorm damage

(+1 0 SpA (130 Base/+30 SpA) Slowbro Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 218-258 (63.7 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 169-201 (42.8 - 51%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

(+1 0 SpA Slowbro Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 244-288 (75.3 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

252 Atk Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 198-234 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 220-261 (55.8 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 229-270 (58.1 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 226-268 (57.3 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Scolipede Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 242-283 (61.4 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

etc

Each and every of those calcs may or may not be relevant depending on how much of a Def boost will Slowbro get upon Mega Evolution
So that's just my fears, I'm not saying that it necessarily will be indestructible: I'm just assuming that a Def boost will be fairly high

Each and every of those calcs may or may not be relevant depending on how much of a Def boost will Slowbro get upon Mega Evolution
So that's just my fears, I'm not saying that it necessarily will be indestructible: I'm just assuming that a Def boost will be fairly high

50 is the highest boost that's ever been given barring MM2X iirc so those calcs are assuming worst case scenario

E: Actually, here's worst-worst case scenario, +100 def!: +2 252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Base 210 Def Slowbro: 490-580 (124.3 - 147.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Argh, a fool I am
I just skimmed through the calcs and didn't notice that you've adjusted the stat :D
Never mind then, it will be hard to take down, but not impossible

I have no fear with M-Slowbro. GB has already posted plenty of calcs with the worst possible outcomes, lack of recovery move, loss of Leftovers. Will likely run the standard CM set that Regenerator Slowbro runs, but I'd be surprised to see M-Slowbro much outside of stall.

I have no fear with M-Slowbro. GB has already posted plenty of calcs with the worst possible outcomes, lack of recovery move, loss of Leftovers. Will likely run the standard CM set that Regenerator Slowbro runs, but I'd be surprised to see M-Slowbro much outside of stall.

He has Slack Off, that's why all the calcs I posted were at least 2HKOes. I would actually be very surprised if stall even touches it - Slowbro-N is better on stall as stall typically involves tons of switches, making boosting unfeasible and Regenerator a godly asset. His home will likely be on semistall and bulky offense with this set.

CroBro
~~~~~
Slowbro @ Slowbroinite
Regenerator->Shell Armor
Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
~Calm Mind
~Slack Off
~Scald
~Ice Beam/Psyshock

Inb4 CM+Curse+Slack Off+Scald Bold Max HP and Def Mega Slowbro

I'm gonna try and use it no matter what :D

You won't get the chance to set up both CM and Curse, something else will be pressuring you on the other side the whole time and you're too slow to spam Slack Off unless it's not a 2HKO.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom