• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Mega Evolution Thread

I have no fear with M-Slowbro. GB has already posted plenty of calcs with the worst possible outcomes, lack of recovery move, loss of Leftovers. Will likely run the standard CM set that Regenerator Slowbro runs, but I'd be surprised to see M-Slowbro much outside of stall.

He has Slack Off, that's why all the calcs I posted were at least 2HKOes. I would actually be very surprised if stall even touches it - Slowbro-N is better on stall as stall typically involves tons of switches, making boosting unfeasible and Regenerator a godly asset. His home will likely be on semistall and bulky offense with this set.

CroBro
~~~~~
Slowbro @ Slowbroinite
Regenerator->Shell Armor
Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
~Calm Mind
~Slack Off
~Scald
~Ice Beam/Psyshock

Well shit I searched every recovery move but Slack Off. I even have a Slowbro build I'm working on with Slack Off.

I have a Timid Charizard to become a mega Charizard Y.
I'm thinking of putting the moves Flamethrower, Roost, Dragon Pulse and Solar Beam on it as I like moves with a bit less power but higher accuracy.

Are these moves any good? I'm thinking of putting EVs into Special Attack, Speed and the left overs in Special defense.

I'm thinking of putting the moves Flamethrower, Roost, Dragon Pulse and Solar Beam on it as I like moves with a bit less power but higher accuracy.

Are these moves any good? I'm thinking of putting EVs into Special Attack, Speed and the left overs in Special defense.
Dragon Pulse doesn't really hit much that you would want him to be hitting anyways. I'd go with Focus Blast / Roost, depending on how you want to run him. I've seen a lot of attempts at making Charizard Y into Will O Wisp / Roost, but I'm not sure how well that would go.

Dragon Pulse doesn't really hit much that you would want him to be hitting anyways. I'd go with Focus Blast / Roost, depending on how you want to run him. I've seen a lot of attempts at making Charizard Y into Will O Wisp / Roost, but I'm not sure how well that would go.

Hmm ok, I may ditch Dragon Pulse then as it's really only a good counter against MegaChar X and I have other dragon counters in my team anyway. So thanks :D

Defensive YZard with both WoW and Roost is a thing and it functions well, but it's niche and requires intensive hazard control
Dragon Pulse is also a thing, but it has exactly one use: to hit the Lati twins on the switch
Overall, if you're going offensive, you should always have Fire Blast/Flamethrower and Solar Beam, and the remaining moveslots should be taken by 2 of the following moves, depending on the team needs: Air Slash, Dragon Pulse, Roost, Earthquake, Focus Blast, Will-O-Wisp

So I've been looking at the new ORAS Megas and thinking up potential sets.

For Salamence I'm assuming it's broken its stats will be 95 HP / 155 Attack (+20) / 120 Defence (+40) / 130 Sp.Atk (+20) / 90 Sp.Def (+10) / 110 Speed (+10) as it was stated to receive a big Defence boost, so I imagine all the other stats will get minor boosts.
Spr_5b_373.png

Salamence @Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 SpA / 60 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

What would actually stop this thing? The Speed EVs are to outspeed Modest Mega Alakazam, Mega Manectric and Adamant Mega Aerodactyl at +1. You'd need to run a +Speed nature, max Speed and be at +2 to outspeed Sand Rush Drill. Unaware Clef and Quagsire aren't stopping it as they take over 50% from Return and can't OHKO. Banded Talonflame does 60-70% and Mamo has 90-105% with Ice Shard. Dragonite can live a Return if Multiscale is intact and kill with Outrage though. Azu is killed by Return easily. Mandibuzz and Chansey can survive one hit and either Whirlwind and T-Wave it respectively, I guess (though Chansey has to be at full to not die - 99% max). It makes Pinsir looks like a baby since Mence can actually increase its Speed and Attack and Talonflame can't just kill it off with priority.

Alternatively you could use Draco Meteor, but it doesn't really need a Dragon move. And also you could use more Speed, since you only have 251 Speed the turn you Mega Evolve. The 196 Sp.Atk is nice though as it handily takes out Ferro (Fire Blast does 100% min to 252 HP / 168 Sp.Def) without taking Iron Barbs damage and also does a good amount to Skarmory.

I do see this thing ending up in Ubers.

------

For Altaria I'm assuming 70 HP / 110 Attack (+40) / 110 Defence (+20) / 110 Sp.Atk (+40) / 105 Sp.Def / 80 Speed because it was stated to receive boosts to its Attack and Sp.Atk with a smaller boost to its Def. I would like to see its Sp.Def get an increase (so like 30/30 to offences and 20/20 to defences) but I'm not sure whether they will do that.

Spr_4d_334.png

Altaria @Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost / Fire Blast

The Speed EVs outspeed Greninja after +1 and the rest in HP but you could just go for max Speed I guess (or even Jolly instead of Adamant). Fire Blast could work over Roost if you want, as this Altaria set hates bulky Steel types not weak to Ground; even with an Adamant nature and no Sp.Atk EVs, Fire Blast catches some of them like Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Mega Scizor with their pants down for great damage. If you don't use Fire Blast then pairing it with a Magnezone to trap the annoying Steels you can't kill would be helpful. Mega Venusaur is something that will be a massive problem for Mega Altaria too.

Other sets could be physically/specially defensive wall/support/cleric:

Altaria @Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def or 252 Sp.Def / 4 Sp.Atk
Bold or Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Roar / Toxic / Tailwind

You could also run: 252 HP / 160 Def or Sp.Def / 96 Speed to creep on defensive Rotom as it can't touch you and you can hit it before it Volt Switches, but Hyper Voice only does around 20% uninvested to Sp.Def Rotom so I don't think the loss in bulk will be all that worth it but maybe I'm wrong.

Haze, Perish Song, Power Swap + Draco Meteor, Cotton Guard are other niche options it has. I'm sure someone will create a good Cotton Guard set.

It will also see use with a specially offensive set too (Hyper Voice, Draco, Fire Blast and Roost) but I'm not sure what EVs would be best - making it a bulky attacker or just going max speed. (Edit: Actually, maybe similar to the defensive spread but with a Modest nature. So 160 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 96 Speed for Rotom, or 80 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 176 Speed to outspeed Adamant max speed Bisharp.)

I'm pretty sure Mega Altaria will be very versatile. It will make UU at the least imo.

-----
With Slowbro let's assume: 95 HP / 75 Atk / 160 Def (+50) / 130 Sp.Atk (+30) / 100 Sp.Def (+20) / Spe 30
Spr_5b_080.png

Slowbro @Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest / Slack Off
- Sleep Talk / Psyshock

Basically Suicune with a Psychic typing and immune to crits. Mega Slowbro will probably be pretty straight forward with its nature and EVs. You can use Rest + Sleep Talk or Slack Off + Psyshock, though the latter choice will leave you open to status.

But maybe this set?

Slowbro @Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Sub Calm Mind maybe? It alleviates the status problem if you're behind a Substitute. Something fun to try out at some point anyway.

--------

Spr_4p_428.png

I really want to try predicting Lopunny's stats but I honestly have no idea how much Attack or Speed they are going to add. They will need to add a lot of Attack for it to do any sort of damage. 116 Atk (+40) would allow for its High Jump Kick to hit exactly as hard as Scarf Chomp's Outrage. Its Speed is pretty good now (105) so even just a 20 or 30 boost will be great in that regard.

Here's a set I want to use regardless of its potential stat changes:

Lopunny @Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick / Drain Punch
- Return
- Healing Wish
- Fake Out / Quick Attack / Encore / Drain Punch / Thunder Wave / Circle Throw / Baton Pass / Ice Punch

A really fast Healing Wish user with unresisted STAB. Healing Wish is an amazing helpful move. You can use Drain Punch over High Jump kick, but it really needs the power of High Jump Kick to do significant damage. The last slot basically goes to whatever the hell you want basically; Lopunny has a huge movepool. Baton Pass can act as a fake U-turn, to see if your opponent switches, Quick Attack/Fake Out for priority, Encore to be annoying, Thunder Wave to cripple or Circle Throw to phaze. Ice Punch hits... Gliscor and Lando-T I guess.

Another set I want to try is:

Lopunny @Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Return / Baton Pass
- Drain Punch / Baton Pass / Quick Attack / Encore

Not sure on whether it would need Return here, someone more knowledgable might know. Baton Pass on this set could be cool because you could pass Substitutes if you don't want to fire off Focus Punch just yet. Drain Punch helps get back some HP to be able to make more Subs.

I don't think Mega Lopunny will be a huge threat, but I think it will be incredibly useful due to its huge movepool. Having unresisted STAB on something with a huge movepool will be great so you can use other moveslots for more interesting stuff other than coverage.

-----

I really wanted to include Audino, Swampert, Sceptile and Sableye, but this post is probably long enough already and I'm tired of typing, so I might do those another time.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if SubPunch is too good of an idea on MLopunny, as it has no way to get back HP barring the relatively weak Drain Punch. In addition, a substitute user who only packs Fighting moves just screams "Mega Heracross setup bait". Assuming 126 Atk, with Fighting type added for STAB (+50) and 94 Def, with Fighting type added for resistance (+10):

252 Atk Lopunny Focus Punch vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mega Heracross: 106-126 (34 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lopunny: 310-365 (114.3 - 134.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(Remember that each hit does ~22%, so 2 hits will break the sub and the last three will hit, so the calc looks like this: +2 252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lopunny: 186-219 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 Substitute)

I never thought about Mega Heracross, even with it rising so much lately. I guess SubPunch might work better in the lower tiers? Lopunny is extremely unlikely to make OU imo, so I wonder if it that set could be more useful in RU or UU. The Healing Wish set is definitely the one I want to use most though. And I'm sure other sets will surface too; it has so many choices to choose from.

I agree with the Megamence and Megataria sets, and the Megabro sets, though I think Amnesia might also be viable. I really don't like the concept of Subpunch, it seems pretty pointless when it has a 130 BP fighting move that doesn't require a Sub/Switch to be used. Substitute does sound useful though, especially with Baton Pass.

These are the sets I posted for Mega Sableye in PoTW

Spr_4d_302.png

Sableye @ Mega Stone
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Sp. Defense
Calm Mind
Recover
Dark Pulse/Snarl
Will-o-wisp

Sableye @ Mega Stone
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Bold/Impish/Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Sp. Defense
Recover
Will-o-wisp
Foul Play
Taunt

Upon further consideration, I'm expecting the latter set to be the best one, as it allows it it to function as normal Sableye (without Leftovers) if need be. I previously had alternatives to Taunt but I removed them since regular Sableye basically needs it to function correctly. The first set will be viable too I'm sure, I'm just not as much of a fan.

I can see the best Mega Swampert sets being:

Spr_5b_260.png

Swampert @ Mega Stone
Ability: Torrent/Damp
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Sp. defense / 252 Speed
Waterfall
Earthquake
Rain Dance
Ice Punch

or a more tanky spin

Swampert @ Mega Stone
Ability: Torrent/Damp
Nature: Adamant/Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack
Stealth Rock
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Punch

I suppose one could use Resttalk on it too but at that point I feel it would be too outclassed by Quagsire and Gastrodon, both of which have reliable recovery.

I'm guessing this might be the best Mega Audino set in singles

Spr_5b2_531.png

Audino @ Mega Stone
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Impish/Bold/Relaxed/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / ??? (could go mixed, physical, or special defense)
Wish
Heal Bell
Protect/Knock Off/Dazzling Gleam/Toxic/Thunder Wave
Protect/Knock Off/Dazzling Gleam/Toxic/Thunder Wave

Seems simple enough, personally I think I'd go with Wish/Heal Bell/Protect/(Dazzling Gleam or Knock Off)

Well you saved me doing those. For Mega Swampert, I can see Stealth Rock, Mirror Coat and Endeavor all being possible options too.

100 HP / 160 Atk (+50) / 120 Def (+30) / 95 Sp.Atk (+10) / 100 Sp.Def (+10) / 60 Speed

Spr_5b_260.png

Swampert @Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Adamant or Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rain Dance / Stealth Rock / Endeavor / Mirror Coat

Mirror Coat sounds dumb, but this thing is likely going to be SO fat on the physical side (it's already pretty bulky) that most options will want to go for its Sp.Def, so it could work as a fun option like Mirror Coat Alomomola. Endeavor would be good if you're low on health under rain to bring something down low before you die. I don't think Rain Dance is that necessary as Politoed exists, but if your rain runs out Mega Swampert will be bulky enough to set it up again. Stealth Rock because it's basically an offensive rocks setter.

Edit: Oh and Calm Mind Mega Audino might be a cool thing in lower tiers but I cba typing it up. It's gonna be SO bulky. I think it'll be 103 HP / 126 Def / 126 Sp.Def + 80 Sp.Atk (so 40/40/20 on the originals of those). Support will definitely be its main set though, with Wish, Heal Bell and the like.

Last edited:
Well we haven't had one of these in a while. Time for a prediction for the new Mega's.

Last time we had one of these was prior to September so since then we've seen M-Sharpedo, M-Camerupt, M-Gallade, M-Beedrill, M-Pidgeot, M-Steelix, and M-Glalie.

M-Sharpedo

Let's start with Sharpedo. Right now Sharpedo isn't too bad of a Pokemon. Mostly known for roaming the lower tiers with its most threatening set being focused around Speed Boost. I could see Speed Boost remaining the ability for Sharpedo before it Mega Evolves and gains access to Strong Jaw. Sharpedo is said to receive a bump in all stats.

Stat Predictions
Current: 70/120/40/95/40/95
Prediction: 70/140/70/105/70/105

I see a nice boost in both attacks to make Sharpedo a threatening mixed sweeper, with hopefully some nice boosts in its horrid defenses. Speed will get a small boost, but running at +1 or +2 Speed from Speed Boost will make this Pokemon terrifying. Due to Strong Jaw its most common set will include Crunch, one of the fangs, Aqua Jet, and Protect.

M-Camerupt

Next is M-Camerupt, the Pokemon that will most likely see its usable bumped in every doubles format. Its abilities prior to Mega Evolution are laughable, with the best being Solid Rock. I could see M-Camerupt becoming a threat in high RU, low NU once its released. Upon Mega Evolving however, Camerupt receives the best ability a Pokemon of its types could wish for, Sheer Force. It is said to receive a bump in all stats but a decrease in speed, likely making it one of the slowest Pokemon in the game.

Stat Predictions
Current: 70/100/70/105/75/40
Prediction: 70/130/100/135/105/20

The combination of Sheer Force with Camerupt's easy ability to be a really good mixed sweeper will make facing a Trick Room team in Doubles terrifying. If M-Camerupt were to have 20 speed it would have a total of between 10 and 15 speed with a negative speed nature and 0 IVs in speed. Lava Plume, Earth Power, Rock Slide, and Protect will likely be among M-Camerupt's most common set.

M-Gallade

File this under the most expected Mega ever next to Sableye. Mega Gallade has been a Pokemon that has never been a surprise to anyone. Its Mega will likely boost its usage greatly. Inner Focus isn't the best ability for it to receive, with something along the line of Adaptability being much better. Boosts in Attack and Speed will cement it in UU.

Stat Predictions
Current: 68/125/65/65/115/80
Predicted: 68/150/100/75/125/100

The large attack and speed, along with a nice boost in both defenses will benefit M-Gallade. The lack of an ability other than Inner Focus is saddening, but will likely be overlooked, much like Dragonite prior to Gen 5. Psycho Cut, Close Combat, Night Slash, Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Drain Punch, or any of the elemental Punches will come from his deep movepool to help him out, but will still not be used as much as M-Medicham.

M-Beedrill

One of the biggest surprises, and likely to have the most to gain from the Mega Evolution is M-Beedrill. Not impressive prior to evolution, but with the added benefit of Adaptability Beedrill will rise greatly in usage. Boosts in Attack and Speed will be greatly appreciated by M-Beedrill.

Stat Predictions
Current: 65/90/40/45/80/75
Predicted: 65/120/60/45/100/105

Still rocking the glass cannon defenses, Speed and Attack will be the biggest focuses. Moves like Poison Jab, Fell Stinger, X-Scissor, and U-Turn will likely see the biggest usage. Beedrill will cement itself alongside a bulky Volt Switch user like one of the Rotom formes.

M-Pidgeot

The second coming of Bird Jesus. One of the most useless regional birds before with no worthwhile abilities to run and mediocre stats. No Guard and a boosted Special Attack will come as a blessing and a curse to M-Pidgeot.

Stat Predictions
Current: 83/80/75/70/70/101
Predicted: 83/90/95/110/90/111

Move Tutors will make or break M-Pidgeot. The only moves it can know that are helped by No Guard include Heat Wave, Hurricane, and Air Slash. M-Pidgeot needs a deeper movepool before it can properly move up the ranks.

M-Steelix

M-Steelix will see a nice boost in usage as a Mega, with some ok abilities prior to Mega Evolving. Sand Force is a nice addition, but we don't know much about the stat increases. I predict a nice increase in Attack, Special Defense, and Speed. I was hoping that M-Steelix would see its typing become just Steel, but it unfortunately keeps the Ground Subtyping.

Stat Predictions
Current: 75/85/200/55/65/30
Predicted: 75/125/180/55/105/70

Yes, you read that correctly. M-Steelix needs a drop in Defense so that the main 3 can benefit. M-Steelix will still suffer from mediocre speed, but hopefully the boost in Special Defense can help him take a few more hits. Moves like Iron Head, Heavy Slam, Earthquake, and Rock Slide will help this new Sand sweeper immensely. Unfortunately M-Steelix still doesn't hold a candle to Excadrill or M-Garchomp in the race for Sand Sweeping.

M-Glalie

I'm conflicted what to say about M-Glalie prior to its Mega Evolution. The fact that its prior abilities are horrid or that its stats are some of the worst for a fully evolved Pokemon. Its defenses are ok with a nice speed with some ok attacking power. One fact is that upon Mega Evolution M-Glalie becomes the best Refrigerate Pokemon there is. Maintaining its Ice type will likely be a non-beneficial move for it.

Stat Prediction
Current: 80/80/80/80/80/80
Predicted: 80/120/100/120/100/60

Not much to work with for this guy. Its defenses and attacks will likely see the best boost with speed taking a hit. Moves like Return, Double Edge, and Headbutt will help, but its movepool is extremely slim. An added Dark Subtyping would have benefited M-Glalie in the long run.

Well we haven't had one of these in a while. Time for a prediction for the new Mega's.

Last time we had one of these was prior to September so since then we've seen M-Sharpedo, M-Camerupt, M-Gallade, M-Beedrill, M-Pidgeot, M-Steelix, and M-Glalie.

M-Sharpedo

Let's start with Sharpedo. Right now Sharpedo isn't too bad of a Pokemon. Mostly known for roaming the lower tiers with its most threatening set being focused around Speed Boost. I could see Speed Boost remaining the ability for Sharpedo before it Mega Evolves and gains access to Strong Jaw. Sharpedo is said to receive a bump in all stats.

Stat Predictions

I see a nice boost in both attacks to make Sharpedo a threatening mixed sweeper, with hopefully some nice boosts in its horrid defenses. Speed will get a small boost, but running at +1 or +2 Speed from Speed Boost will make this Pokemon terrifying. Due to Strong Jaw its most common set will include Crunch, one of the fangs, Aqua Jet, and Protect.

M-Camerupt

Next is M-Camerupt, the Pokemon that will most likely see its usable bumped in every doubles format. Its abilities prior to Mega Evolution are laughable, with the best being Solid Rock. I could see M-Camerupt becoming a threat in high RU, low NU once its released. Upon Mega Evolving however, Camerupt receives the best ability a Pokemon of its types could wish for, Sheer Force. It is said to receive a bump in all stats but a decrease in speed, likely making it one of the slowest Pokemon in the game.

Stat Predictions

The combination of Sheer Force with Camerupt's easy ability to be a really good mixed sweeper will make facing a Trick Room team in Doubles terrifying. If M-Camerupt were to have 20 speed it would have a total of between 10 and 15 speed with a negative speed nature and 0 IVs in speed. Lava Plume, Earth Power, Rock Slide, and Protect will likely be among M-Camerupt's most common set.

M-Gallade

File this under the most expected Mega ever next to Sableye. Mega Gallade has been a Pokemon that has never been a surprise to anyone. Its Mega will likely boost its usage greatly. Inner Focus isn't the best ability for it to receive, with something along the line of Adaptability being much better. Boosts in Attack and Speed will cement it in UU.

Stat Predictions

The large attack and speed, along with a nice boost in both defenses will benefit M-Gallade. The lack of an ability other than Inner Focus is saddening, but will likely be overlooked, much like Dragonite prior to Gen 5. Psycho Cut, Close Combat, Night Slash, Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Drain Punch, or any of the elemental Punches will come from his deep movepool to help him out, but will still not be used as much as M-Medicham.

M-Beedrill

One of the biggest surprises, and likely to have the most to gain from the Mega Evolution is M-Beedrill. Not impressive prior to evolution, but with the added benefit of Adaptability Beedrill will rise greatly in usage. Boosts in Attack and Speed will be greatly appreciated by M-Beedrill.

Stat Predictions

Still rocking the glass cannon defenses, Speed and Attack will be the biggest focuses. Moves like Poison Jab, Fell Stinger, X-Scissor, and U-Turn will likely see the biggest usage. Beedrill will cement itself alongside a bulky Volt Switch user like one of the Rotom formes.

M-Pidgeot

The second coming of Bird Jesus. One of the most useless regional birds before with no worthwhile abilities to run and mediocre stats. No Guard and a boosted Special Attack will come as a blessing and a curse to M-Pidgeot.

Stat Predictions

Move Tutors will make or break M-Pidgeot. The only moves it can know that are helped by No Guard include Heat Wave, Hurricane, and Air Slash. M-Pidgeot needs a deeper movepool before it can properly move up the ranks.

M-Steelix

M-Steelix will see a nice boost in usage as a Mega, with some ok abilities prior to Mega Evolving. Sand Force is a nice addition, but we don't know much about the stat increases. I predict a nice increase in Attack, Special Defense, and Speed. I was hoping that M-Steelix would see its typing become just Steel, but it unfortunately keeps the Ground Subtyping.

Stat Predictions

Yes, you read that correctly. M-Steelix needs a drop in Defense so that the main 3 can benefit. M-Steelix will still suffer from mediocre speed, but hopefully the boost in Special Defense can help him take a few more hits. Moves like Iron Head, Heavy Slam, Earthquake, and Rock Slide will help this new Sand sweeper immensely. Unfortunately M-Steelix still doesn't hold a candle to Excadrill or M-Garchomp in the race for Sand Sweeping.

M-Glalie

I'm conflicted what to say about M-Glalie prior to its Mega Evolution. The fact that its prior abilities are horrid or that its stats are some of the worst for a fully evolved Pokemon. Its defenses are ok with a nice speed with some ok attacking power. One fact is that upon Mega Evolution M-Glalie becomes the best Refrigerate Pokemon there is. Maintaining its Ice type will likely be a non-beneficial move for it.

Stat Prediction

Not much to work with for this guy. Its defenses and attacks will likely see the best boost with speed taking a hit. Moves like Return, Double Edge, and Headbutt will help, but its movepool is extremely slim. An added Dark Subtyping would have benefited M-Glalie in the long run.

We've already seen MSterlix and MGlalie's stats. Those aren't them.

75/125/230/55/95/30

80/120/80/120/80/100

M-Sharpedo

Stat Predictions

M-Camerupt

Stat Predictions

M-Gallade

Stat Predictions

M-Beedrill

Stat Predictions

M-Pidgeot

Stat Predictions

M-Steelix

Stat Predictions

M-Glalie

Stat Prediction

We've already seen MSterlix and MGlalie's stats. Those aren't them.

75/125/230/55/95/30

80/120/80/120/80/100

Did not know that. Nice to see that they are sort of similar to what I had predicted. M-Steelix likely won't see too much usage with those stats though.

Swampert-M: 100/150/110/95/110/70 Water/Ground
Sceptile-M: 70/110/75/145/85/145 Type: Grass/Dragon
Sableye-M: 50/85/125/85/115/20 Dark/Ghost
Altaria-M: 75/110/110/110/105/80 Dragon/Fairy
Gallade-M: 68/165/95/65/115/110 Psychic/Fighting
Audino-M: 103/60/126/80/126/50 Normal/Fairy
Sharpedo-M: 70/140/70/110/65/105 Water/Dark
Slowbro-M: 95/75/180/130/80/30 Water/Psychic
Steelix-M: 75/125/230/55/95/30 Steel/Ground
Pidgeot-M: 83/80/80/135/80/121 Normal/Flying
Glalie-M: 80/120/80/120/80/100 Ice
Diancie-M: 50/160/110/160/110/110 Rock/Fairy
Metagross-M: 80/145/150/105/110/110 Steel/Psychic
Kyogre-P: 100/150/90/180/160/90 Water
Groudon-P: 100/180/160/150/90/90 Ground/Fire
Rayquaza-M: 105/180/100/180/100/115 Dragon/Flying
Hoopa-M: 80/160/60/170/130/80 Psychic/Dark
Camerupt-M: 70/120/100/145/105/20 Fire/Ground
Lopunny-M: 65/136/94/54/96/135 Normal/Fighting
Salamence-M: 95/145/130/120/90/120 Dragon/Flying
Beedrill-M: 65/150/40/15/80/145 Bug/Poison

Stats found in the demo's files/coding/whatever.

I am VERY excited for: Altaria, Lopunny and Sableye. Also Gallade, Swampert, Sceptile, Slowbro and Beedrill look very appealing to me right now. I'll use Camerupt and Glalie just because they are two of my favourite Pokemon though, even though they probably won't be making massive waves in the higher tiers. :] Shame Pidgeot's Speed isn't 131, I would be v excited it for then.

Salamence and Metagross are gonna be bringing the terror.

Swampert-M: 100/150/110/95/110/70 Water/Ground OU
Sceptile-M: 70/110/75/145/85/145 Type: Grass/Dragon UU, BL, or OU
Sableye-M: 50/85/125/85/115/20 Dark/Ghost UU, BL, or OU
Altaria-M: 75/110/110/110/105/80 Dragon/Fairy OU
Gallade-M: 68/165/95/65/115/110 Psychic/Fighting UU, BL, or OU
Audino-M: 103/60/126/80/126/50 Normal/Fairy NU or RU
Sharpedo-M: 70/140/70/110/65/105 Water/Dark BL or OU
Slowbro-M: 95/75/180/130/80/30 Water/Psychic OU
Steelix-M: 75/125/230/55/95/30 Steel/Ground RU or UU
Pidgeot-M: 83/80/80/135/80/121 Normal/Flying RU or UU
Glalie-M: 80/120/80/120/80/100 Ice UU
Diancie-M: 50/160/110/160/110/110 Rock/Fairy UU, BL, or OU
Metagross-M: 80/145/150/105/110/110 Steel/Psychic OU
Kyogre-P: 100/150/90/180/160/90 Water Uber
Groudon-P: 100/180/160/150/90/90 Ground/Fire Uber
Rayquaza-M: 105/180/100/180/100/115 Dragon/Flying Uber
Hoopa-M: 80/160/60/170/130/80 Psychic/Dark RU or UU
Camerupt-M: 70/120/100/145/105/20 Fire/Ground RU or UU
Lopunny-M: 65/136/94/54/96/135 Normal/Fighting UU, BL, or OU
Salamence-M: 95/145/130/120/90/120 Dragon/Flying Uber
Beedrill-M: 65/150/40/15/80/145 Bug/Poison UU, BL, or OU

My predictions. I'm psyched for Beedrill (got dat Adaptability U-Turn doe) and Swampert most out of all these Megas so far. Hopefully there are more Megas that simply weren't in the demo, it'd be silly to reveal every single new Mega prerelease IMO, but even if this is it it's a good batch.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Sniper
Jolly
252 Atk/80 Def/176 Spe
~U-Turn
~Drill Run
~Knock Off/X-Scissor/Poison Jab
~Knock Off/X-Scissor/Poison Jab

Outspeeds Mega Manectric, Def over HP to minimize damage from priority and such (Bisharp only has a 37.5% chance to OHKO with Sucker Punch, Sash Diggersby never OHKOes with QA after Rocks, LO Luke doesn't OHKO with ESpeed after Rocks, Banded DNite doesn't get a guaranteed ESpeed OHKO, etc)

Swampert @ Swampertite
Torrent
Adamant
206 HP/252 Atk/52 Spe
~Waterfall
~Earthquake
~Ice Punch
~Rain Dance/Power-Up Punch

Outpaces Greninja in Rain, fucks shit up.

Yeeeees, those stats for Mega Gallade are perfect! I was afraid of it not being very good, it's definitely going to be my main Mega now.

Mega Beedrill looks amazing as well and I also look forward to Mega Lopunny. I don't really care much if they're going to be UU or OU, since I use mons from pretty much all tiers, but it's nice to see them getting better.

Here's going to be the main set for Sharpedo I bet:

Sharpedo
Sharpedite
Speed Boost
Adamant/Jolly
4 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPEED
Protect
Ice Fang
Crunch
Poison Fang/Aqua Jet

Assuming it protects and speed boosts for a turn, it will be able to outspeed most pokemon and just sweep with it's fang moves from there. It will probably have some difficulty with Char-X and steel types but other than that it should go pretty well.

Here's going to be the main set for Sharpedo I bet:

Sharpedo
Sharpedite
Speed Boost
Adamant
4 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPEED
Protect
Ice Fang
Crunch
Watefall/Earthquake/Aqua Jet

Assuming it protects and speed boosts for a turn, it will be able to outspeed most pokemon and just sweep with it's fang moves from there. It will probably have some difficulty with Char-X and steel types but other than that it should go pretty well.

This is more likely

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom