• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Pet Discussion Thread

Bump. I wanted to share some pics of my pets that I talked about on the last page.

20170917_233040-774x1032.jpg

My boys sometimes bathe each other, and Ace relaxes so much that he looks dead. He's prefectly healthy though!

20170917_154228-774x1032.jpg
20170917_154354-774x1032.jpg

20170917_153616-774x1032.jpg

20170917_132756-768x1365.jpeg

photo-20150919_175153_zpsxugohbxz.JPG

All my precious babies. :D

Does anyone here have a Pekingese?

I don't have one, but one of my cousins recently bought one and it's soooo adorable! It's surprisingly friendly too. Pekingeses usually aren't that friendly. (I always feel like my relatives' dogs don't fit the stereotypes of their breeds. One of my uncles has a chihuahua and it's the quietest chihuahua I've ever met.)

I have two dogs that I love very much. The oldest one is a somewhat chubby Dutch Shepherd, and we practically grew up together. The smaller one is a few years younger, and for some reason really attached to my father.

In addition to that I used to take care of a black New Forest-pony named Aquana (Aqua for short). She was sweet, but had a bad temper, and was afraid of reindeers. This one time when we were doing showjumping I ended up at the hospital, lol. I still miss her, though.

Last edited:
My dog keeps gaining weight lol. Seems to be a problem with the dogs we've had in general (not that we've had that many). She low-key looks like a bean bag with ears. Not sure how to help her lose weight though. I guess we could train her but it's kinda hard to do so.

I have four zebra finches and two society finches. :) The zebra finches are just over two years old and I've raised them from birth. They used to have another sibling, a beautiful chestnut flanked white female, but I unfortunately lost her last May (possibly to egg binding) :/ The birds are adorable and easy to care for, except for the fact that they're really messy eaters. I have to vacuum the area around their cages daily because the spilled birdseed attracts mice.

A few moths ago I added two mice to my pet family. A solid black one named Loki and a gray and white stripe one named Thor. Thor got used to touch pretty and lets me hold him but after a few minutes he tries to escape. Loki on the other hand still has zero desire to be touched. He's not bitey or anything he would just prefer to be left in his little hut. Doesn't even use the wheels in his cage. XD

This thread makes me sad. Ten years ago, I used to have a white cat who would always come in my room to visit me and keeps me company. Her name was Fluffy and she was so funny and beautiful. My grandma did not want Fluffy in the house anymore because she started to urinate on the carpet instead of the litter box and she was always shedding hair. I have had Fluffy for 12 years but my stepdad took Fluffy to the animal shelter and I never saw her again. I heard the animal shelter Fluffy got sent to euthanizes animals if they don't get purchased within a month. I fear that Fluffy got euthanized because she was 12 years old and I first got her when she was only 3 months old.

Two years later after losing Fluffy, I saw a contest for cat lovers to send in their photo of their cat and who ever gets the most likes from their friends on Facebook wins $1,000. I barely had any friends on Facebook and of course I did not win but 2 months later, the judges noticed my photo I sent of Fluffy and the judges published Fluffy's photo for the cutest cat of the month.

Last edited:
This thread makes me sad. Ten years ago, I used to have a white cat who would always come in my room to visit me and keeps me company. Her name was Fluffy and she was so funny and beautiful. My grandma did not want Fluffy in the house anymore because she started to urinate on the carpet instead of the litter box and she was always shedding hair. I have had Fluffy for 12 years but my stepdad took Fluffy to the animal shelter and I never saw her again. I heard the animal shelter Fluffy got sent to euthanizes animals if they don't get purchased within a month. I fear that Fluffy got euthanized because she was 12 years old and I first got her when she was only 3 months old.

Two years later after losing Fluffy, I saw a contest for cat lovers to send in their photo of their cat and who ever gets the most likes from their friends on Facebook wins $1,000. I barely had any friends on Facebook and of course I did not win but 2 months later, the judges noticed my photo I sent of Fluffy and the judges published Fluffy's photo for the cutest cat of the month.
Losing a pet hurts a lot for sure. Some people might want to adopt kittens, but I also feel like older cats could be ideal, as they're calmer and all. It's also nice that the judges noticed her :D I'm sure others did too, if they did.

Meet my real life Pokemon or rather should I say pet, his name is Copper. He is a 5-year old Pomeranian, and he kind of reminds me of Growlithe. He tends to be lazy when it’s dog bath time, but then again he doesn’t have a choice as I need to keep him clean. Feel free to talk about your home buddy here as well.

Last edited:
Meet my real life Pokemon or rather should I say pet, his name is Copper. He is a 5-year old Pomeranian, and he kind of reminds me of Growlithe. He tends to be lazy when it’s dog bath time, but then again he doesn’t have a choice as I need to keep him clean. Feel free to talk about your home buddy here as well.

Like the dog! He does remind me of Growlithe to some degree. Is the orange hair actual hair or something that you just got for your dog? ^^

Oh btw, I merged your post to here. This is the place to talk about the pets of Bulbagarden and adore other member pets. I also put your image in spoiler tags so it doesn't take up too much space. :)

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom