• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Pokémon: Black and White Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Are you concerned about dubbed Best Wishes?

Bill Rogers? Yeah, I can definitely see him voicing Dent. He seems to have a pretty high range of voices he can do, and idk, I just can't see anyone else doing it.

Going back on topic, has anyone played PokePark: Pikachu's Adventure? The reason I'm asking this is because PokePark has the exact same voice actors from TPCi's Pokemon dub. I beat the game recently and just watched the credits. And although it didn't surprise me, it's interesting how TPCi used the same voice actors for that game.

They used the anime VAs to voice the Pokemon chracters in the Smash Bros games, too. (4Kids cast in Melee, TPCI + 4Kids archive recordings in Brawl) so it's hardly surprising.

Anyway, as long as the script-writing is decent (particularly with dub TR, which I think almost everyone is concerned about going into Best Wishes) I don't think the actors that eventually get the roles are going to be that big of an issue. If they're new to the show, great. If they're current VAs, I'm sure they can do a distinct enough voice to make the character feel fresh and new and exciting and all those things that we like in new characters.

I hadn't thought of Bill Rogers (and I dunno why?). I'm for that. I'm pretty sure Bill could do it without taking it waaaaay into crazy land (which would be easy to do with Dent's sometimes wacky commentary).

Oh yeah! I'm sure Bill Rogers would do a great job as Dent.

He's pretty talented. =)

And I just thought of another possibility. If Bill Rogers doesn't work out, they could get Jamie McGonnigal to voice Dent. He's done an awesome job playing Barry! And it would be nice to see him get a main character role. ^_^

I could see Sean Schmmeal voicin' Dento. I mean think bout' it he's near em' right n voiced Jimmy/Kenta n that Raikou special. A slightly less manly Goku voice could work.

Oh yeah! I'm sure Bill Rogers would do a great job as Dent.

He's pretty talented. =)

And I just thought of another possibility. If Bill Rogers doesn't work out, they could get Jamie McGonnigal to voice Dent. He's done an awesome job playing Barry! And it would be nice to see him get a main character role. ^_^

I second this..... I think Jamie would make an excellent Dento.... Since Barry is one of my favorite characters in D/P....

Hm, Dent ... I haven't seen much of BW, but from his looks alone, I would have to say Tom Wayland could cast himself. He could do a similar voice to what he does for Lester/Luciano in 5Ds.

Personally, I'm not concerned about Team Rocket. Pre-BW, their dialogue was mostly filler which could usually be replaced without affecting the episode (pity it was normally replaced with the three insulting each other).

But now their dialogue is important to the main story arc, so I can't imagine much being changed (although I can see TPCi being horrified at the drastic personality change).

As for BGM, we'll probably get a load of new original (i.e. synthesiser) tracks alongside the original.

I'm concerned about Best Wishes being dubbed into English. TPCI better keep the original Best Wishes music and they better keep Team Rocket as badass as they currently are. Hopefully, TPCI won't infect the dubbed English version of Best Wishes with their faggotry.

Apparently Christopher Niosi (the VA for Khoury) auditioned for Pokémon again and was surprised at the role that he got. Could be Dent...

Last edited:

Either that, or Officer Jenny. I know I'd be surprised!

Apparently Christopher Niosi (the VA for Khoury) auditioned for Pokémon again and was surprised at his role. Could be Dent...

Holy cow, I didn't know Kirbopher worked professionally on Pokemon already.

I'm thinking Dent or Shooty.

I imagine for Iris they'll get somebody new in like they did for Dawn too...

Tom Wayland should just cast himself once in awhile. He is pretty much perfect for Dent.

Apparently Christopher Niosi (the VA for Khoury) auditioned for Pokémon again and was surprised at his role. Could be Dent...
I'm guessing Shooti.

Could be Iris...

No. No way that voice doesnt work for Dento.

Hell he could be Sandile/Meguroco or Flint or Poddo/Pod or Koon/Corn for all we know.

No. No way that voice doesnt work for Dento.

Hell he could be Sandile/Meguroco or Flint or Poddo/Pod or Koon/Corn for all we know.

I would rather there be a more experienced actor for a main character like Dent. Nothing against the other guy, experience rules in this case. Tom Wayland is the director, so I can say he is quite experienced.

I'm still holdin' out for Aaron Dismuke, I realise more experienced may be the way to good but Im hopin' for some fresh blood after hearin' that set for years n dubs already. A man like a 19-27y/old to voice Dento, sometimes some newer VAs need to spotlight a little n since Dento is a easy role with him bein' a pretty boy celebrity it shouldnt be hard Sarah Natochenny got her start with Pokemon when she was young n is doin' a awesome job as Ash today. The same thing happened with Veronica Taylor n Ash with 4kids.

SarahNatochennyHeadshot.jpg

So I say give the most talented dude who auditions the role n who fits him best.

If Bill Rogers doesn't work out, they could get Jamie McGonnigal to voice Dent. He's done an awesome job playing Barry! And it would be nice to see him get a main character role. ^_^

Ooh, that's even better. I love Jamie's work, and I think he'd make a great Dent. Though Bill would still be good, too.

Christopher Niosi would be good for Shooti, too. I just don't think he should do Dent's voice. But I liked his performance as Khoury so I wouldn't mind him getting to voice another character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom