• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Pokémon: Black and White Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Are you concerned about dubbed Best Wishes?

Iris I think should be Veronica Taylor, Rachael Lillis or Michele Knotz as it would be a throwback to either the original series (Lillis) or AG (Taylor & Knotz). Dento I think will be Jaime McGonnigal or Sean Schemmel as I think either one can pull off the flamboyantness of the character.

Goku's voice actor as a pretty boy? I'd like to see that for sure. Sean for Dento.

Veronica Taylor is never going to work on Pokemon again, even as a different character.
Actually, that's just your opinion. =P

And you might believe it's true. But there is absolutely no proof to back up that claim.

In fact, the evidence we do have proves quite the opposite, because every original VA has returned to the TPCi dub except for Veronica Taylor (not counting Eric Stuart because he doesn't do voice acting anymore). And if you don't believe me, just look at this page. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sova

Look how many familiar VAs have returned 5 years after the VA switch. I don't know if that page is any indication of what's to come for Best Wishes, but it certainly leads me to believe anything is possible.

Of course, I'm not saying we should expect Veronica Taylor to return, because it seems unlikely. But unlikely doesn't mean impossible though. Anyway, my point is, never say never. If fans want Veronica back, they can believe what they want until proven otherwise.

Last edited:

Stop with the VA talk, guys. There are other things to discuss here.

^ True that. LOL. :lol:

Anyway, that was fun while it lasted. I think everyone enjoyed the VA speculation. =)

Although, with Gliscord's post, he probably said that just to instigate me and get me wound up... Yeah, good call, Dogasu. :ksmile: :thumbup:

You stopped that just "In The Knicker of Time". Haha. XD Sorry, I just couldn't resist using that pun. ^_^

Last edited:

Stop with the VA talk, guys. There are other things to discuss here.

Perhaps, you could let it slide just for this thread. I don't think it has really gotten out of hand.

The way they handle Ash is fine now. He's exactly as he should be, the same energetic kid he always is.
well, he does look a lot more like a 10 year-old kid than that teenage look he had in DP, and that's a brilliant call.

I'd be happy enough if the japanese intro and outro music was used for the dub instead of the HORRIBLE english music they've been playing for 13 years. Will the fact that no 4kids means more unadulterated anime?

I'd be happy enough if the japanese intro and outro music was used for the dub instead of the HORRIBLE english music they've been playing for 13 years.

While chances are very (a very big "very") slim, I do hope so too. It'd fit the "fresh start" Best Wishes is going for and fit the CGI opening much better.

I wish they would at least just y'know, dub the opening and ending into English? TCPi theme songs are the worst.

There will never be a Japanese song on Cartoon Network. If anything, the closest you'll get is a song with the same beat as the original, but not even something like Vic's Dragon Soul. Remember you are only going to have it be 30 seconds, you can only fit so much.

I wish they would at least just y'know, dub the opening and ending into English? TCPi theme songs are the worst.

Me too. I'd rather have lots of time cuts for episodes to fit the opening in then have another "We Will Carry On." *gags* The 1-minute "Unbeatable" song went by unscathed, so why can we do it for "Best Wishes?"

There will never be a Japanese song on Cartoon Network. If anything, the closest you'll get is a song with the same beat as the original, but not even something like Vic's Dragon Soul. Remember you are only going to have it be 30 seconds, you can only fit so much.

1-minute songs r usually the status quo yeh I member them airin' Naruto n it was n japanese One Piece too even Beybladee got itself a jnp song.

You telling me Bakugan on TV used a Japanese opening? I didn't think so.

As for 60 seconds, that is the status for everything that doesn't premier on CN. CN likes it to be 30 seconds to allow for more ad space. When they aired 5Ds, they kept the 60 second opening, but cut out two of the commercial breaks during the transfer to cable.

You telling me Bakugan on TV used a Japanese opening? I didn't think so.

As for 60 seconds, that is the status for everything that doesn't premier on CN. CN likes it to be 30 seconds to allow for more ad space. When they aired 5Ds, they kept the 60 second opening, but cut out two of the commercial breaks during the transfer to cable.

JNP Song n a dubbed version of a jnp openin' so yeh or were you tryin' to say cause it was sung n' eng it aint a jnp song anymore I guess if I sing the American anthem n jnp it's a jnp song then.

How do you know what CN likes? Commercial Breaks blah blah blah each network has it's own thing n way of runnin'.

Ad money is ad money. And the Beyblade MF song was first in English, so yeah, the Japanese song is a dub YA HA.

I am having a hard time understanding your post there, mind cleaning the grammer up a bit?

Ad money is ad money. And the Beyblade MF song was first in English, so yeah, the Japanese song is a dub YA HA.

I am having a hard time understanding your post there, mind cleaning the grammer up a bit?

You got it wrong the eng version is the dub the jnp is the 'riginal that songs been n the makin' way before the dub.

Yeh I very much mind.

Maybe not as long as Stuart Snyder is in charge, but as I remember, didn't Naruto at some point when it aired on CN play Japanese OPs? And I know Disney XD at least is willing enough to use them. Though I don't think it has anything to do with the network it's airing on but TPCi itself. For Best Wishes, I'd hope that they'd use the opening and either dub the song or make a completely different one, but I'm not going to save my breath for that.

You got it wrong the eng version is the dub the jnp is the 'riginal that songs been n the makin' way before the dub.

Yeh I very much mind.

Why do you mind?

Nelvana funded Beyblade MF in Japan, and hence gave them a song to use.

Maybe not as long as Stuart Snyder is in charge, but as I remember, didn't Naruto at some point when it aired on CN play Japanese OPs? And I know Disney XD at least is willing enough to use them. Though I don't think it has anything to do with the network it's airing on but TPCi itself. For Best Wishes, I'd hope that they'd use the opening and either dub the song or make a completely different one, but I'm not going to save my breath for that.

They want to milk their kid oriented shows for ad space. Disney is different, as is Nicktoons. The 30 second thing is for sure a CN thing.

Yep, though I wasn't talking about the time issue. I meant more of the choice of actually using the Opening footage/song.

Why do you mind?

Nelvana funded Beyblade MF in Japan, and hence gave them a song to use.

They want to milk their kid oriented shows for ad space. Disney is different, as is Nicktoons. The 30 second thing is for sure a CN thing.
How do you know Nelvana made the damn song? Nelvana prob helped with it but they sure didnt make the song.

Btw 30sec openin' mean nothin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom