• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Pokémon: Black and White Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Are you concerned about dubbed Best Wishes?

No one said they made the song..they said they helped FUND the show in Japan so in return they gave nelvana a song to use.

No one said they made the song..they said they helped FUND the show in Japan so in return they gave nelvana a song to use.

He sayin' NELVANA GAVE JAPAN THE song meanin' THEY made it, Yabukuron. Which is so incorrect.

Bobobo kept it's Japanese opening in full, as did all Naruto openings past te 3rd. Funimation One Piece also kept the full dubbed opening. That's what I can remember off the top of my head.... Just throwing that out there.

I wouldn't count on the opening being longer than 30 seconds, especially now that CN has gone on an opening-shortening rampage. (Billy and Mandy, Ed Edd Eddy and Courage have been reduced to 5-10 seconds. Keep in mind that they seem to be random when they do it.)

Last edited:

That's not what he was saying.

He said.

"Nelvana funded Beyblade MF in Japan, and hence gave them a song to use."

The second part he didn't word so well, but what he meant was that the Anime company gave them a song to use in return for the funding of the show in Japan.

I still say 4Kids has the best opening themes for Pokemon. I love ALL the 4Kids theme songs. But the songs that David Rolfe sang are my favorite. He was great!! ^_^

But anyway, the TPCi themes are okay/decent. And I know that I'll like the Best Wishes theme, as long as TPCi has a guy sing it, like they did with Sinnoh League Victors.

4kids did better work with their other show's openings than with Pokemon's openings, although nothing TCPi has come out with can compete with the original opening for the dub.

There isn't much info out on who produced the song, but with Nelvana being co-producers, it can be assumed they were a part of it, seeing as unlike most anime openings, it dealt directly with the show and wasn't meant to advertise a song.

4kids did better work with their other show's openings than with Pokemon's openings, although nothing TCPi has come out with can compete with the original opening for the dub.

Yeah, for all it's worth, 4Kids openings were a guilty pleasure.

TPCi is just painful sometimes...

There isn't much info out on who produced the song, but with Nelvana being co-producers, it can be assumed they were a part of it, seeing as unlike most anime openings, it dealt directly with the show and wasn't meant to advertise a song.

I doubt it songs for anime n Japan r usually made by bands or sung by singers. Nelvana prob got the song for free cause' they funded them. N they dubbed it.

くそ きさま.

Yeah, for all it's worth, 4Kids openings were a guilty pleasure.

TPCi is just painful sometimes...

Personally, Stand Up-Battle Cry was pretty good.

As for Pokemon Black & White's (Best Wishes) opening theme song, I think they'll either keep the Japanese sequence or have OLM create a whole new opening sequence for the dub to go with a different theme song.

Iris I think should be Veronica Taylor, Rachael Lillis or Michele Knotz as it would be a throwback to either the original series (Lillis) or AG (Taylor & Knotz). Dento I think will be Jaime McGonnigal or Sean Schemmel as I think either one can pull off the flamboyantness of the character.

Jamie McG mentioned a few weeks ago he was voicing a new character on the show. That makes it likely either Shooti or Dento.

^ If he's voicing somebody, and that guy who voiced Khoury is also voicing a character, maybe those two will be Shooty/Dento? Huh.
Anyway, I'm not really concerned, as I don't watch the raw. But I really want Bill Rogers to be in it.

Personally, Stand Up-Battle Cry was pretty good.

As for Pokemon Black & White's (Best Wishes) opening theme song, I think they'll either keep the Japanese sequence or have OLM create a whole new opening sequence for the dub to go with a different theme song.

I thought the Battle Frontier theme was one of the best.

I thought the Battle Frontier theme was one of the best.

Well, that's just you.

And Battle Frontier was pretty cool too.

I never really cared for the opening themes. I usually watch it once, then all other viewings after, I just change the channel during it and change back, unless I like the song.I like a few of the Japanese ones, but that's it. I don't really like any of the opening songs in English that I've seen. (I kinda like "Stand Up"..)

As for the images, they could just clip a scene, to make it shorter. And they probably will use the completed version. I mean, the Japanese version's been filled in for two episodes, so it's not a big deal if they don't do it.

Honestly, after getting access to the Japanese version many years back, I stopped caring for the dub as the years went by, probably because it will never compare to the magic and brilliance the original dub brought. Dawn's dub voice was excellent because it was never replaced and was brand new.

I'm interested in seeing how America handles it, however, but will I be disappointed? Nah, I'd actually have to care.

Not at all, the only dub I watch these days is the 4Kids dub.

Even with 4kids makin' a lotta the characters ignorant stupid havin' a jillion mistranslations n coverin' up Japanese stuff like Riceballs? Probably bein' the reason for the show bein' internationalized?

Regarding the background music...

I'd recommend not to get your hopes up about what they do with the background music. That way, your disappointment will be less.

I honestly expect JJ&M to remain serious in the dub (with the occasional joke, but generally serious). I think TPCI did what they did to JJ&M in the past because in their, or at least Jimmy Zoppi's opinion, JJ&M weren't considered funny enough. If they were always serious, I doubt their characters' personalities and dialogue would've been changed from how it was in Japan. Look at J, for instance...

It doesn't bother me.
And... I can't really mention my reason for liking the 4Kids dub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom