• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Pokémon: Black and White Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Are you concerned about dubbed Best Wishes?

Kirbopher isn't exactly "inexperienced". He's voiced a bit in LittleKuriboh's vids. Then again, experience isn't always the main factor in deciding VAs. It's about whose voice suits the character more and he would be better for Dent than Tom Wayland imo.

Sure. Let's have a male VA for a girl instead of, y'know, actually getting a female VA. xD

It's rare but it has happened before.

Kirbopher isn't exactly "inexperienced". He's voiced a bit in LittleKuriboh's vids. Then again, experience isn't always the main factor in deciding VAs. It's about whose voice suits the character more and he would be better for Dent than Tom Wayland imo.

Sure. Let's have a male VA for a girl instead of, y'know, actually getting a female VA. xD

I guess you aren't hearing the voice I am. Tom Wayland has a very large range, able to voice both an 12 year old kid, like Dent, and an 18 year old teen, like Crow.

I am not worry about them dubbing the show. I am wondering how they going to dub the opening. It is not like The Greatest Everyday opening. It is a new opening every week.

I guess you aren't hearing the voice I am. Tom Wayland has a very large range, able to voice both an 12 year old kid, like Dent, and an 18 year old teen, like Crow.

Dento's 15.

I've seen a few people mentioning changing Team Rocket's voices in order to portray them as more serious villains.

I think it'd be pretty cool if Ted Lewis could return and use the voice he used to portray James up until the eighth episode of the original series.

At least he would be more interesting than others... :p

Name one instance this has happened. No, female VAs for young boys doesn't count since that's pretty much a given.

Three word/person:

Dora Winifred Read from "Arthur"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Naylor_(actor)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Caloz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Grainger

Well, Ted Lewis is back on the show and voicing Giovanni. So that's a possibility.

Ted Lewis is a main character in another show, I don't think he can handle it all

@Gotpika

The character Tom Wayland voices is 12, but the voice can be tweeked to fit any age in the teens.

Name one instance this has happened. No, female VAs for young boys doesn't count since that's pretty much a given.

Minoru Shiraishi voices a lot of females in Lucky Star.

@cohen I don't know that makes me feel uneasy, I'd rather TPCi hirer someone for themselves newbieish ya know?

Last edited:

I want Eric Stuart to pull a comeback and voice Iris and Shooter AND Dan Green should do Dent

No, female VAs for young boys doesn't count since that's pretty much a given.

Generally it's easier for a female VA to voice a young boy than a Male VA since it's easier for female VAs to match the high pitches for young boys. But of course there are exceptions out there.

No. No way that voice doesnt work for Dento.

Hell he could be Sandile/Meguroco or Flint or Poddo/Pod or Koon/Corn for all we know.

Well, it could just be a role in the Zoroark movie. Kurt is a viable option.

I hope Bill Rogers voices Dent. I did like Khoury's voice, but I'd much prefer Bill as I like pretty much all of his work he's done. I'm sure he'll stick around though, hopefully.

Mamoru Miyano gives Dento a flamboyancy to his voice, so we need a voice actor who can pull that off well without being too cheesy. I'm guessing Tom Wayland or Jamie McGonnigal. For Iris, I'm guessing Eileen Stevens or Emily Jenness?

Drew sounded too rough n scratchy.

PLEASE DONT GIVE HIM HARLEY'S VA TPCI!

Iris I think should be Veronica Taylor, Rachael Lillis or Michele Knotz as it would be a throwback to either the original series (Lillis) or AG (Taylor & Knotz). Dento I think will be Jaime McGonnigal or Sean Schemmel as I think either one can pull off the flamboyantness of the character.

Iris I think should be Veronica Taylor, Rachael Lillis or Michele Knotz as it would be a throwback to either the original series (Lillis) or AG (Taylor & Knotz). Dento I think will be Jaime McGonnigal or Sean Schemmel as I think either one can pull off the flamboyantness of the character.

Veronica Taylor is never going to work on Pokemon again, even as a different character.

I do think Michelle Knotz should do Iris, as she got cheated out of doing a main girl.

May was only around for about 50 episodes by the time Michelle Knotz got to voice her, and then she just got reduced to Jessie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom