• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Pokémon: Black and White Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Japanese dub of 4Kids' dub apparently aired one time, but it seems like that was just a one-off thing.
Wow...

So, Japan aired Pokemon 4Ever in English one time? Or they dubbed over the 4Kids dub, and aired it in Japanese?

Either way, that's cool!

Wow...

So, Japan aired Pokemon 4Ever in English one time? Or they dubbed over the 4Kids dub?

Either way, that's cool!

No, they aired the movie with 4kids' extra scenes in Japanese.

Last edited:
Ah, I see. I got confused by how Dogasu worded that. XD

That's pretty cool, though. ^^

Yep. This "special edition" of the Celebi movie aired on a special 2-hour episode of Shuukan Pokemon Housoukyoku back in 2003 for the one and only time. Apparantly no one had the foresight to record it, so it's status seems to be forever entrenched as "oh right, they aired that once".

You also have to keep in mind that Pokemon 4Ever was shown in select theaters in the US. That might be why they went to great lengths to make sure everyone understood the plot.

Not trying to be rude but, what does showing movies in "select theaters" have to do with dumbing a movie down for kids? I mean, those same kids who lucked out in seeing it probably watched Ponyo later on and probably had no problem understanding that
Fujimoto was most likely gonna run off screaming "Stupid human boy!" "Stupid human boy!" and never let his daughter Ponyo see daylight again or that the whole world was in danger of drowning.
so I doubt it worked like that.

I don't get why 4Kids had to dumb down the movie just because they couldn't understand it. Kids are a lot smarter than you think. The same goes for their obvious edits. I'm sure a kid would notice something wrong if he or she saw a sandwich roll down a hill.

I'm a little worried about TR (like most everyone else) but also about Iris and Dent. I wonder how they'll get the characters to fit well.

And also, I'm worried like most of the other dubbed episodes (minus around the first 10 or so of the Indigo Leauge) how this one will stay close and true to the Japanese version. But I did see the two dubbed names for the first two episodes, and they don't rythme (fail spelling) and they stay close to the original Japanese ones, so maybe that could be a good sign?

I'm a little worried about TR (like most everyone else) but also about Iris and Dent. I wonder how they'll get the characters to fit well.

And also, I'm worried like most of the other dubbed episodes (minus around the first 10 or so of the Indigo Leauge) how this one will stay close and true to the Japanese version. But I did see the two dubbed names for the first two episodes, and they don't rythme (fail spelling) and they stay close to the original Japanese ones, so maybe that could be a good sign?

if you mean the voices, then yes.
but if you mean their roles, Not Anymore! thanks to today's Ass-Kicking preview.

I really hope we get a preview of the new Team Rocket. I hope we get a preview of how dub Iris and Kibago will sound too (possibly Dento as well)

Here's hoping for a new preview after the last episode/Zoroark movie tomorrow. I'm really curious about Iris's voice.

Here's hoping for a new preview after the last episode/Zoroark movie tomorrow. I'm really curious about Iris's voice.

Remember to enjoy it Zoroark's gonna be the first Isshu poke to be on Cartoonnetwork.

And also, I'm worried like most of the other dubbed episodes (minus around the first 10 or so of the Indigo Leauge) how this one will stay close and true to the Japanese version.

What are you talking about? The current episodes stick VEEEEERY close to the original Japanese version... other than TRio there's barely any real changes at all (and it's likely the TRio problem will get solved in BW)
The first seasons were much worse than the current ones when it comes to good translation that sticks as close as possible to the original...

I dont know about you guys but I think Trip is great name for Shooti.

:p

I dont know about you guys but I think Trip is great name for Shooti.

:p

^Agreed, i even wrote a Tongue twister about him and his tranquil in my blog XD

I love the name Trip. It's the name of a main character from my longest going original anime/manga series.

But I don't like Shooti.
WAH UNFAIR he doesn't deserve a cool name like that!
Off to my Greasemonkey to write a new line in code. A line that I wish I didn't have to write.

Despite the sarcasm "Hip and modern" thing I said in the other thread, I do think Trip is clever. Although he still does look more like a Cameron to me. Though yeah, there is that Cameron cameraguy in Hg/Ss. And that guy in Pokemon Ranger...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom