• ME proves that Cyrus and Cynthia are idiots. Watch here as Cynthia blocks him from entering a cave in retaliation.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score
Whenever I try to make a profile post, the toolbar doesn’t show up. It only appears when I edit the post, but not when I make it. Is there anything I can do to make it appear? Thanks.

The Sobbley Trainer
Reaction score
Whenever I try to make a profile post, the toolbar doesn’t show up. It only appears when I edit the post, but not when I make it. Is there anything I can do to make it appear? Thanks.
I can't reproduce this myself, maybe you have some browser extension that's blocking it?

Reaction score
Is there any way to opt out of the notices at the top of the forums that aren't major forum news, such as the Let's Plays and forum games? I've never been into Let's Plays, and I haven't played PMD, so I'm not really interested in the current round of PokeWiz. It'd be nice to not have to close the notices out every time a new update comes.

Wielder of Toxic Smoke
Reaction score
I just found out that posts only allow 30 images and 10 attachments in one post. This is a bit of a problem for me, as I play Fizzy Bubbles and I need to put image sprites to represent the items in my bag. (I have close to 40 different items, which is the absolute limit.)

Is there a way to remove the image limit (okay, maybe not the attachment limit, that makes sense, but at least the limit on how many images inserted by link are allowed in one post)? Thanks in advance.

Minty fresh.
Reaction score
I just found out that posts only allow 30 images and 10 attachments in one post. This is a bit of a problem for me, as I play Fizzy Bubbles and I need to put image sprites to represent the items in my bag. (I have close to 40 different items, which is the absolute limit.)

Is there a way to remove the image limit (okay, maybe not the attachment limit, that makes sense, but at least the limit on how many images inserted by link are allowed in one post)? Thanks in advance.
I had the same problem with running Defeat the Boss over at The War Room. The limit has been expanded a bit, but I believe they don't want to expand it too much.

The Sobbley Trainer
Reaction score

I'm fine with bumping it to 40 if that's the absolute limit @Asteiri @Faiyaa @TheKnightsFury but I'd prefer not to have to change it every so often so if a mod could confirm, that'd be great :p

Wielder of Toxic Smoke
Reaction score
I'm fine with bumping it to 40 if that's the absolute limit @Asteiri @Faiyaa @TheKnightsFury but I'd prefer not to have to change it every so often so if a mod could confirm, that'd be great :p
Oh, sorry for not being specific enough; I meant that 40 is the absolute limit because I have both attachments and images as image sprites. 30+10=40 after all. Yeah, there isn't any limit in FB for how many items you can have, because most people in FB use UPN, which as far as I know doesn't have software limiting the amount of images in one post. Sorry for the confusion :confused:

Wielder of Toxic Smoke
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, can we be able to use an image from a link as our profile picture? I don't want to have to download every picture I want to use as an avatar.

The Sobbley Trainer
Reaction score
@Zorchic I'm afraid that ain't possible.

You have to upload your avatar because the forum saves and hosts the image you upload itself. If it didn't and the website your image is on would go down it'd create all kinds of 404 errors.

The functionality for the forums too download an image based on its URL is something we can't easily add as it's not build into the Xenforo software afaik.

Ace Trainer
Reaction score
User banners aren't showing up for me. For example, a Sobble Fan banner just shows up as an empty box with the words "sobble fan" in it. Same goes for mod banners. Here's an example:

DC0067ED-4C69-4886-B21C-A66E28D98196.png

The Sobbley Trainer
Reaction score
User banners aren't showing up for me. For example, a Sobble Fan banner just shows up as an empty box with the words "sobble fan" in it. Same goes for mod banners. Here's an example:

View attachment 133552
Fixed. You may have to clear your cookies / wait a while for it to fix itself. (on pc refreshing by holding down ctrl + pressing f5 should also do the trick)