• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay in the reply, hectic week. x)

@SpinyShell in regards to your ideas, I like them.

The first of your two ideas however, we're currently unable to implement. The style quick-switcher is built in with the system and is controlled on a per-style level. It's not something where we can flip a switch and users can make a quick switcher up themselves, sadly. One of our tech staff however is currently practicing with making xenforo add-ons so perhaps in the future this is something we will be able to do.

Until then, when you open up the style picker, you can right click and copy the URL. This way you're able to make bookmarks on your browser to be able to quickly switch between any skins you want to switch between.

The downward function for the arrow is something we can implement, and I've added it to our to-do list (which is quite big, but we'll get to it, we're currently first fixing a new badge system that allows users to get and show off their own badges!)

Whenever I push backspace when I'm trying to type on mobile, my keyboard goes away and it kicks me out of the text box. I don't know if this is a forum thing or if it's a problem with my phone, but it only seems to happen on the forums, so...?

As someone who often reviews their posts a lot before they post, it gets really annoying really fast so if anybody has a solution please let me know. I'm relying on text-to-speech now

Edit: it also happens when I press enter

Last edited:
Whenever I push backspace when I'm trying to type on mobile, my keyboard goes away and it kicks me out of the text box. I don't know if this is a forum thing or if it's a problem with my phone, but it only seems to happen on the forums, so...?

As someone who often reviews their posts a lot before they post, it gets really annoying really fast so if anybody has a solution please let me know. I'm relying on text-to-speech now

Edit: it also happens when I press enter
Sounds like something to-do specifically with your device. What device are you using? With what keyboard & browser?

I have a Samsung A8 amd I'm just using the default keyboard that comes with it. I haven't changed the settings lately, so I'm at a loss as to what could be causing it. Browser is Chrome

I have a Samsung A8 amd I'm just using the default keyboard that comes with it. I haven't changed the settings lately, so I'm at a loss as to what could be causing it. Browser is Chrome
First: could you try opening the forums in an incognito tab and see if the same issue occurs.

Second: try installing a different browser (f.e. Firefox, or the Google browser) and try it there.

Third: Install a different keyboard (like swiftkey) and try again.

Let me know if any of these things solve your issue.

First: could you try opening the forums in an incognito tab and see if the same issue occurs.

Second: try installing a different browser (f.e. Firefox, or the Google browser) and try it there.

Third: Install a different keyboard (like swiftkey) and try again.

Let me know if any of these things solve your issue.

Seems like an issue with Chrome, it's fine on other browsers!

To my knowledge, there is no way to mark a forum and all its content as read/viewed. I was wondering if there was a way to implement this somehow as many of the forums have so many pages and pages of old content that I'll probably never view them all. Being able to know if new content is posted in a forum without having to watch it would be pretty nice if I was browsing around.

Thanks.

Edit: That already exists and I forgot about it. Whoops.

Last edited:
To my knowledge, there is no way to mark a forum and all its content as read/viewed. I was wondering if there was a way to implement this somehow as many of the forums have so many pages and pages of old content that I'll probably never view them all. Being able to know if new content is posted in a forum without having to watch it would be pretty nice if I was browsing around.

Thanks.

1599436714342.png

?

I have this weird phone keyboard bug that only happens when typing a forum post on Bulbagarden. Every time I press either of the two buttons circled in the screenshot, the keyboard is immediately pulled away.

I used to be able to click the banner at the top of the site to be brought to the forums page, but it seems like that link has been removed. Any particular reason for that? It's a little awkward to have to click the much smaller Forums button when I'm used to clicking on the banner.

I used to be able to click the banner at the top of the site to be brought to the forums page, but it seems like that link has been removed. Any particular reason for that? It's a little awkward to have to click the much smaller Forums button when I'm used to clicking on the banner.
What style are you using?

So having trouble logging in on my other computer. Actually been a semi-recurring issue the past little while. Deleting cookies didn't help. No, I'm not clearing all my browsing data just for this one instance because of the XenForo guys. In the meantime until this can be fixed, is there any non Bulbagarden domain I need to clear the data from?

So having trouble logging in on my other computer. Actually been a semi-recurring issue the past little while. Deleting cookies didn't help. No, I'm not clearing all my browsing data just for this one instance because of the XenForo guys. In the meantime until this can be fixed, is there any non Bulbagarden domain I need to clear the data from?
What browser are you using? There's been a number of issues with a specific version of Google Chrome, which are related to a bug in the browser itself.
Depending on your browser, you may also be able to delete browsing data for specific domains and subdomains, rather than having to delete it all.

What browser are you using? There's been a number of issues with a specific version of Google Chrome, which are related to a bug in the browser itself.
Depending on your browser, you may also be able to delete browsing data for specific domains and subdomains, rather than having to delete it all.
Some really old version of Chrome, yes. That computer's so old it doesn't let me update the browser anymore, unfortunately. I've tried to delete browsing data and cookies for all Bulbagarden domains, but that didn't work. Some domain's causing it that I need to clear the data for, as I can log in just fine in a private window. Just not sure which since it's not a Bulbagarden/Bulbapedia/BMFG one.

Is it possible to add this as a new emote?

I found a Magnificent Idea by someone standing on anime section

View attachment 138294

Is that possible @Magnificent Entertainer
Hey My Angry Bird
083Farfetch%27d-Galar.png
It's your turn to make Lucario and Pikachu feel jealous.
New "Come on" emote for the forums. Kamon @Neo Blaze, make it happen. It's not so farfetched after all.

See what I did there?

Some really old version of Chrome, yes. That computer's so old it doesn't let me update the browser anymore, unfortunately. I've tried to delete browsing data and cookies for all Bulbagarden domains, but that didn't work. Some domain's causing it that I need to clear the data for, as I can log in just fine in a private window. Just not sure which since it's not a Bulbagarden/Bulbapedia/BMFG one.
If you DM me some details about your computer and OS, I can recommend you a newer browser that'll work fine on your system so you're not stuck with an old and insecure browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom