• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok for some reason post edit has stopped working. I've just been systematically correcting broken links. What I keep getting now is the loading bar - or whatever you call it - running while the editor stays open and the "Save Changes" button recolours, with nothing being saved. I'm going to come back to it later - if the issue resolves itself I'll edit this post to reflect that.

For some reason I can't post a blog, either. In much the same way, the "Create Blog" button just recolours, and nothing happens

Last edited:
Alright, two things I'm thinking will need to be fixed are, I can no longer see a list of users viewing a given thread or forum, and there doesn't seem to be an option to not include your signature in a particular post. Also, the aforementioned character limit, I'm also all for that being increased.

Oh, and you can't see previous posts in the thread when previewing posts, either.
List of users viewing a thread or forum was something we accomplished on the vBulletin using an addon. This is not a feature of either the base vBulletin or XenForo packages. We've identified an addon which would do it for XenForo, however that's a paid addon, so we'll be thinking about it.
Character limit has been increased.
For the previous posts...can you explain this in more detail please?

Just wondering when will the password reset thing start if it already hasn't by now?
This weekend. Giving users a chance to login and fix their email addresses first, since there's a number of people who'd expressed that they hadn't done that yet. Also, it's a server intensive process to send that many emails and we needed to finish another process off first.

Is there still a way to change your user title? The name that appears under your username, in my case: Spooky lass? I can't find it anywhere...
You and everyone else should be able to do it now. Check your preferences.

The old interface was much better with verdana font and and everything else. This new look is disturbing for me. I hope you make it same as the old forums. Because this one will get too much time to get used to it.
A style with an appearance similar to the old vBulletin styling will be introduced at a point in future.

Is the character limit inherent to the forum, or can it be changed? The issue I'm having is as a fanfic author: 10,000 characters translates into less than 2,000 words, which is rather small by the standards of almost every author currently active. It also means I can't edit my old chapters to correct the broken links to the following chapter

Same with me.

Could you give some more detail please? Who has it not worked for when you've tried to mention them? Are there any particular areas (specific forums, blogs, profile messages, etc) it's always working or always not-working?

As part of an on going Mafia game in The War Room, I had tagged all my players, including @TheCapsFan;. He reported in a follow up post that the mention didn't seem to work.

To be a bit clearer, He didn't seem to get the alert for it. It was clickable however.

Can we get 'Gender' to show up on the side of posts again? I ask only because it helps keeping people from misgendering us.

Also, sections of the forum need to be collapsible. I've seen this feature on other XenForo forums, but it doesn't save the setting, I'd like for it to be done right here, please?

Could somebody explain what do we have to do with our passswords please? Do we need to change our bulbagarden password? And what if we don't? Will you lose access to the account?

As part of an on going Mafia game in The War Room, I had tagged all my players, including @TheCapsFan;. He reported in a follow up post that the mention didn't seem to work.

To be a bit clearer, He didn't seem to get the alert for it. It was clickable however.

I've been having similar issues with the Connect 4 game in TWR that I'm playing with Zexy. Mentions didn't work the first couple of times, then they did, and now I think they aren't again.

Also, I mentioned this in RM, but I don't seem to have the permissions to change my username.

Could someone help please? I changed my password. Is this all I had to do?

Oh that's BS! Why doesn't RM count towards post count?! :mad:
RM is weird because it's technically a simple play-by-post game, but in reality it belongs to the same category as the slower, less active General Chat Thread. Posts there should definitely count towards total post count. (Granted, I'm a bit biased because I really want a username change, but still. :p)

Could someone help please? I changed my password. Is this all I had to do?

The password reset is going to happen this weekend as mentioned above in thread. Just make sure your email is current for when the mandatory reset happens.

1. I noticed custom infractions look odd when viewed, having a blank title (Mijzelffan you can see it a lot here)
http://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?account/alert-preferences this misspells comments as Comemnts in one instance.
I'm unable to delete my own comments I made on blogs, I can only edit them.
Avatars don't show up on blog comments
blogs count the blog itself as a reply, saying that a blog with 0 comments on it has 1 reply.
Also you lose the ability to edit your comments after a certain amount of time has passed.
pressing view map leads to a weird forbidden page, with the url having actual coördinates in it to point to some place in new york.
New Profile Posts | Bulbagarden Forums people are complaining about this page and it appearing on the front page, saying it makes vm's a bit too public for their tastes. Might be a good idea to hide this if possible.
friends are now referred to as followers which is kinda weird.
You can view users profiles and conversations while being logged out again.
username changes can now be done once every 10 days, or so it says.

Reposting all of my issues that haven't been fixed yet. I don't really like how quoting works either, it wouldn't be possible to have a direct quote option alongside multiquote like on the old forum by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom