• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stylesheets seem to have gotten hosed in the past little while. One of the effects being that nothing aligns anymore, hover over someone's name for their mini-profile and see how everything is on the left.

A notice was just put up about this! There are some known issues with the site atm, but they're being worked on. This should be one of those things.

Hello, I have been looking for an appropriate avenue to suggest this for a very long time and have never found anywhere. This seems like the best place. I've noticed that some other forums have the option for us to enter our gender and pronouns and they both show up in the user info in each post (alongside post count, reaction score, join date). I don't know if this is possible for XenForo, but I think it would be great if it is. We are a community that embraces diversity, and plus it's always nice to know which pronouns to use for people instead of defaulting to "they".

I know that this would have be heavily moderated due to the high potential of some members using it to mock gender diversity, but I think it would be worthwhile.

I have a suggestion for polls: I'd like it if there was an option to remove your vote entirely. There's been a few times where I've regretted answering a poll, however, there's no option to remove/cancel your vote so there was nothing I could do about it.

Posting on the Forums has gotten super slow for some reason. The replies appear for others in an instant, but for the sender, the loading takes forever, and may result in an error message popping up, despite the fact that the post already succeeded. This applies to both making replies and starting new threads.

Posted this on my profile, but I think it would be more useful here.

Could the message/banner at the top of the forums have a part about how receiving an error message when posting doesn't mean your comment wasn't posted? It would (hopefully) cut back on the multi-posting users are (understandably) doing because of the glitch.

Last edited:
Some stuff regarding the new update:
  • Sometimes I get that glitch where it looks like my comment or edit isn't posted but it actually has been posted.
  • The green online dot sometimes clips into people's avatars and, on mobile, people's badges sometimes clip off the little user banner and into the textbox.
  • Also on mobile, the word/character count box sometimes blocks text at the bottom of the screen. I can scroll up to see what I wrote, but it's still a little inconvenient in my opinion.
  • Could we get the option to turn some of the new additions off. I have very little interest in the Twitter sidebar on the main page and am more intrigued by the profile posts, which are pushed to the bottom. I'd like to be able to "hide" the tweets so that way I have an easier time looking at the profile posts. Also, could the similar threads thing be optional as well? Lastly, I'd really like the option to switch to the old forum editor. In my opinion, the new forum editor is unnecessary abstraction that doesn't really do anything besides make me spend a few extra seconds clicking on things. I also dislike the way the preview layout is handled because I have to switch off the preview in order to make any changes.

• That glitch is most likely just related to some ongoing server activity while some background processes for the upgrade complete, it should go away on its own soon enough.
  • We're currently looking into several issues like these. Highlighting the mobile ones specifically is very useful for us (since we're often doing most of our work in desktop and can miss them more easily), so thanks for that. We might not be able to solve all of these immediately, but we are working on them.
  • I'll look into seeing if there's anything we can do to enable users to show/hide sidebar elements.
  • I'm afraid there's no going back to the old editor however, it's been entirely removed from this new version of Xenforo. We do have more scope to customize the apperance of this editor (it's currently just in the default apperance), so if there's something specific you'd like to see in how the buttons and menus are set up for it, please let me know.

Here's a handful of things I noticed with the update:
  • On the side of every post, I'm seeing a "Visit site" button just under the reaction score, but it's there even on users that don't have a website linked in their profile. All of them seem to just link right back to the thread page that post is on.
  • Hovering over a user and then clicking on "Messages" to view their posts now links me to an error page that says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." It's also happening when I click on the "Your content" button, and new posts don't appear to be showing up in the "Postings" profile tab either.
  • I'm also having the issue on mobile of user badges merging with the posts. (screenshot) Everything else seems to be working just fine now though!
  • Certain dark mode styles make the Twitter box nigh-impossible to read due to the text being dark gray. Hovering over each Tweet does turn the background of it white, so it's not too pressing an issue, but it does look a bit off. (screenshot)
Regarding the editor layout... Just due to the nature of this forum, would it be possible to make the spoiler & inline spoiler buttons more easily accessible? A lot of people use them, and at the moment they're tucked away in two different menus which makes them a bit difficult to find.

Also, just curious,
is the cropping of all avatars into squares intentional? It seems like it's heavily cropping/zooming in the avatars of users that used to have smaller or more horizontal/vertical ones before the update.

Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Here's a handful of things I noticed with the update:
  • On the side of every post, I'm seeing a "Visit site" button just under the reaction score, but it's there even on users that don't have a website linked in their profile. All of them seem to just link right back to the thread page that post is on.
I'm confused by the purpose of the "visit site" link. What does that do? Thank you in advance.
If you've listed a website in your profile, it gets linked here. I don't know why it's displaying "Visit site" when people have left that field blank though. I may just disable this.

• Hovering over a user and then clicking on "Messages" to view their posts now links me to an error page that says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." It's also happening when I click on the "Your content" button, and new posts don't appear to be showing up in the "Postings" profile tab either.
  • I'm also having the issue on mobile of user badges merging with the posts. (screenshot) Everything else seems to be working just fine now though!
  • Certain dark mode styles make the Twitter box nigh-impossible to read due to the text being dark gray. Hovering over each Tweet does turn the background of it white, so it's not too pressing an issue, but it does look a bit off. (screenshot)
Regarding the editor layout... Just due to the nature of this forum, would it be possible to make the spoiler & inline spoiler buttons more easily accessible? A lot of people use them, and at the moment they're tucked away in two different menus which makes them a bit difficult to find.

Also, just curious,
is the cropping of all avatars into squares intentional? It seems like it's heavily cropping/zooming in the avatars of users that used to have smaller or more horizontal/vertical ones before the update.

Thank you! :)
  • Search is currently off, while the search index is being rebuilt. Since those features all use search, they're currently disabled for everyone.
  • Mobile skins are going to be a pain to tweak. It's on our list.
  • Hmmm. I'll have to look into our options here. The Twitter box is added by an addon, so it's a little harder to tweak than it would be if we'd manually added one ourselves, but I'll see if there's a way we can flip it to a light box on the dark skins.
  • So long as your window is at least 900px wide, you should now see buttons for spoiler and inline spoiler tags without needing to go under a menu. Once I've got some of the more serious issues sorted out, I'll likely be setting up a thread for more direct feedback on the layout of the editor toolbar, so we can get all the options people use most frequently right there on the bar.
  • Cropping of avatars is not intentional, that's one of the things we're looking into. On that same note, the lack of animated avatars is something we're also working on fixing.

Last edited:
I've made some improvements to the display of the forums sidebar. While I haven't found a way to let you collapse specific sections of it, there's now a toggle sidebar link in the footer on any page where the sidebar is visible.
The sidebar is now also in an off-canvas state for mobile devices, so it shouldn't interfere with your browsing as much as it may have before.

Animated avatars are working again. You may need to delete your current avatar and reupload the image for it to start working.

Last edited:
What’s up with the notification number? I saw 17 alerts, clicked the alerts button but the 17 then changed to 7 instead of going back to zero like pre-update. And now it’s randomly 4 for some reason? How does it work now? And when I click the 4 alerts button, the alert number doesn’t reduce and I’m stuck at 4.
The issue persists on both phone and iPad.

What are the dimensions of the profile banner?
The width seems like it'll vary from person to person depending on your monitor resolution and window size, but on my screen it looks to be about 1295px wide and 250px tall, if that helps? (It's 1170px wide with the forum's "Change width" setting on the smaller option.)

One more thing I stumbled upon while making this post: hover text isn't working anymore, looks like. Trying to insert it into a post just adds a line break and puts the text after it. (screenshot) Older posts that used to have hover text are also formatted like this now.

One more thing I stumbled upon while making this post: hover text isn't working anymore, looks like. Trying to insert it into a post just adds a line break and puts the text after it. (screenshot) Older posts that used to have hover text are also formatted like this now.
Hmmm. Not sure what's broken this one. I suspect there's an error in the CSS templates somewhere, since there's a couple of things related to those which aren't working right. I'll spend some time tomorrow going through those to see if I can hunt it down. Probably something silly like an extra } somewhere or something.

The Distortion World theme I've been using doesn't seem to work properly after the forum update. I see the logo for it, but not the actual background image associated with it.

I'm also wondering if it's intentional for the forum header to be way smaller on mobile. Not that I'm complaining. I think it's actually fine that way on mobile.

The ORAS theme isn't working, either. The header image never loads. Maybe it's an issue with all themes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom