• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the character limit inherent to the forum, or can it be changed? The issue I'm having is as a fanfic author: 10,000 characters translates into less than 2,000 words, which is rather small by the standards of almost every author currently active. It also means I can't edit my old chapters to correct the broken links to the following chapter

The Stay Log in function doesn't work after you leave your browser. I don't know if this just my browser is doing this, since I use my IPad and Safari when I'm on here. But I would like this to be look in to. And it seems blogs won't appear while your log out of Bulbagarden, I don't know if its viewing is only exclusive to members now, but I do feel bad for the non-members who can't look at them.

The Stay Log in function doesn't work after you leave your browser. I don't know if this just my browser is doing this, since I use my IPad and Safari when I'm on here. But I would like this to be look in to. And it seems blogs won't appear while your log out of Bulbagarden, I don't know if its viewing is only exclusive to members now, but I do feel bad for the non-members who can't look at them.

Blogs no longer being open to non-logged in users is intended.

Not sure if warnings are supposed to be seen by everyone, but if they are... I think they shouldn't be.

The "forums" button on the Bulbagarden home page still links to the old Forums site. Can that be changed?

Alright, two things I'm thinking will need to be fixed are, I can no longer see a list of users viewing a given thread or forum, and there doesn't seem to be an option to not include your signature in a particular post. Also, the aforementioned character limit, I'm also all for that being increased.

Oh, and you can't see previous posts in the thread when previewing posts, either.

Looks like you can click on the arrow that shows up on the right side of the blogs button (or just hover over it for a few seconds) from the forums and there's a "Mark Blogs Read" options. That should do it I'd think.

We can't seem to create blog categories and blogs don't seem to be associated with the user anymore.

To clarify, I liked how on the vBulletin software, It was like having my own blog software installed. ALL blogs did go to a combined list, but we also had our own blogs that could be customized with categories, a blog name, etc.

Now it just seems like we are all contributing to the same blog.

Where exactly are you seeing this?
I think Reila is talking about being able to see your infraction via a tab on your profile.

I think people can see their own infractions and not everyone else's (though mods might be an exception to this, idk)

Is there a way to have the customization bar (with all the button options) visible when turning on the 'Use BB Code Editor'?

I think Reila is talking about being able to see your infraction via a tab on your profile.

I think people can see their own infractions and not everyone else's (though mods might be an exception to this, idk)

Bingo. The Warnings tab is only visible to that user and mods. I double checked this by visiting Reila's profile and it wasn't visible to me, so don't worry about it.

Is there still a way to change your user title? The name that appears under your username, in my case: Spooky lass? I can't find it anywhere...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom