• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
An update to the blog addon is coming. Official bug fix notes are below. We'll test this update before putting it on the live forums, just to make sure it doesn't introduce any issues. Expect it early next week.

Bug Fixes:
  • Responsive issues on blog listing
  • Weird limit on title removed on blog listing
  • Fixes missing avatars in a couple locations
  • Phrase fixes
  • Replace permalink #link with the permalink phrase

On the theory that the only chance for change is to say something: I wish the preview button didn't require you to enable Javascript. Right now, if I have bulbagarden blocked in NoScript, there's no "Preview..." button at all, and frankly that's a bit of BS; preview should be a very basic component of forums, scripts or no. I don't care if you do something special when Javascript is enabled, but there should at least be a fallback basic preview button/functionality that doesn't require it.

On mobile version, could you guys turn off the one minute wait after posting? Sometimes, my ideas for F&G cannot wait for 60 seconds :)

Would it be possible to get BBC code back in VMs? Emoticons as well. The VMs have been simplified to nothing more than text, which really takes away from conversations.

EDIT: To add on to the VM thing, the character limit is really small at 420. Could there be an increase? With the one minute waiting time for posting it really can chop up conversation and make it a bit awkward.

Last edited:
It's not really a bug, but please, there is any possibility of create a subsection for the manga in the anime/manga section?

Because all the mangas threads got lost between the anime threads.

It's unlikely to happen at this time, because past experience is that there just isn't enough interest in a forum of that sort to keep it alive. This means we end up with a forum almost no one uses...except the spambot who are perfectly happy to target it, meaning we have to spend a lot of time watching a forum where nothing happens.

We're aware of the problem you mention, but not quite sure how to fix it yet.

Not sure if this is even a serious problem or not, but randomly when I was trying to open a spoiler tag, it instead sent me to a page with mod in the title and just said I didn't have the necessary privileges to see it.

I understand the not having privileges and all, but it was just weird to me that trying to open a spoiler tag redirected me somewhere else instead of opening the tag. It repeated several times even after reloading the page, but eventually went back to working fine.

A couple of things:
  • I can't seem to upload my images onto my signature editing/writing field by dragging the image directly onto the writing field.
  • Is there a reason that uploading images (via clicking the image button on top of the writing field) is restricted to internet URLs?
  • Can we also have the album feature reinstated?

There's something called "View Map" that appears on my user list (that wasn't in VBulletin) and whenever I try to click on it it says I don't have permission to access the page. What is that?

So new blogs plugin update! I'm guessing the above has to do with that. However, more alarmingly, posting comments in blogs is presently bugged. Dunno if it's linked to the plugin itself or not, but when you try to do so, you get an "Unspecified Error", though the comment is posted anyway.

Furthermore, I'm a bit annoyed at the forums' general inability to allow you to delete posts. Is there any way that can be allowed without any sort of time limit on it, because it's really inconvenient!!

Not sure if this is even a serious problem or not, but randomly when I was trying to open a spoiler tag, it instead sent me to a page with mod in the title and just said I didn't have the necessary privileges to see it.

I understand the not having privileges and all, but it was just weird to me that trying to open a spoiler tag redirected me somewhere else instead of opening the tag. It repeated several times even after reloading the page, but eventually went back to working fine.
Are you still having this issue? It may have happened while someone was playing around on the back end.

A couple of things:
  • I can't seem to upload my images onto my signature editing/writing field by dragging the image directly onto the writing field.
  • Is there a reason that uploading images (via clicking the image button on top of the writing field) is restricted to internet URLs?
  • Can we also have the album feature reinstated?
  • This functionality is not available.
  • That's not a link to upload an attachment. That's a link to insert IMG tags. You want the "upload a file" link at the bottom of the post box.
  • No. This is not something available in the base XenForo package, and the only way we could bring this back would be through paid addons that we don't really see the need for.
There's something called "View Map" that appears on my user list (that wasn't in VBulletin) and whenever I try to click on it it says I don't have permission to access the page. What is that?
A feature that's currently being worked on.

Seems like the blog notification alerts are showing again unless that was intentional. Also are there going to be any new forum skins soon?
Not intentional. Seems to have been enabled after we updated the blogs plugin. Fixed now.
New forum skins are being actively worked on. The Christmas skin will come soon, and will serve as a template for all future skins after that. Expect the first skin vote around Christmas.

So new blogs plugin update! I'm guessing the above has to do with that. However, more alarmingly, posting comments in blogs is presently bugged. Dunno if it's linked to the plugin itself or not, but when you try to do so, you get an "Unspecified Error", though the comment is posted anyway.
Will look into it. Probably came from what the blog plugin did as it updated, since it seems to have reset a number of settings.

Furthermore, I'm a bit annoyed at the forums' general inability to allow you to delete posts. Is there any way that can be allowed without any sort of time limit on it, because it's really inconvenient!!
I don't think we've ever allowed users to just delete their posts normally, have we? It's intentional.

I don't think we've ever allowed users to just delete their posts normally, have we? It's intentional.

No, it was like that in vB - at least in certain places. I know this because I did it before. It may have changed somewhere along the line, but I distinctly remember doing so at least once before. It even lowered my postcount appropriately! Blog comments are another thing you can't delete yourself, as I found out today.

Why can't we delete blog comments that we made anymore?
I know right? I ended up getting an "Unspecified Error" every time I tried to post, and then I refreshed the page and I learned that I posted the same post FOUR TIMES and I couldn't delete them, making me feel bad for spamming unintentionally due to a forum glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom