• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry for the late reply, had to do some research to confirm this ^^;

To change your username you have to be a registered member for at least 6 months and need to have made at least 150 posts.

You already have enough posts, but you still gotta wait another 2 months before you can change it.

Next to the Threadmark title of this post here there's a tab marked "History" - what is this for and why can't I access it?

Sorry for the late reply, took a while to find out the answer to this.

The History tab appears if you've changed the name of the threadmark at least once, the History tab shows all the changes the threadmark has gotten. As for why you can't click it: we can't find an answer to that yet, though are still looking. Maybe clearing your Bulbagarden cookies and cache might work, have you tried that yet?

And do you only see the History tab in threads you've made yourself, or also on threadmarks made by others?

For some reason after a week of using a gif in my signature, the gif mysteriously stops working. I usually change the signature once per week anyways, but when I don't plan to change themes the gif disappears.

For some reason after a week of using a gif in my signature, the gif mysteriously stops working. I usually change the signature once per week anyways, but when I don't plan to change themes the gif disappears.

It seems your gif isn't on a hosting site, so that's why it keeps disappearing. What you need to do is save the gif and then upload it on a hosting site like Photobucket.com or Imgur.com. If you need help with that, you can PM me :)

It seems your gif isn't on a hosting site, so that's why it keeps disappearing. What you need to do is save the gif and then upload it on a hosting site like Photobucket.com or Imgur.com. If you need help with that, you can PM me :)
Well here's the thing. The gif I just put in my signature is from Photobucket, but the gif was resized to fit the forums signature regulations with images. I just find this strange, cause my previous resize gifs usually stayed around before.

Well here's the thing. The gif I just put in my signature is from Photobucket, but the gif was resized to fit the forums signature regulations with images. I just find this strange, cause my previous resize gifs usually stayed around before.

Your gif resizer specifically asks for images to not be hotlinked from them. You can see it surrounded by red (by me) in this screencap:

gifgif.png

The images breaking is because they're purging the resized content off their server, so you'll need to upload the resized gif to an actual image host & you'll avoid further issues.

Over the past week or so, I've stopped getting notifications, but threads I'm watching have definitely been posted in since.

Over the past week or so, I've stopped getting notifications, but threads I'm watching have definitely been posted in since.
Are you sure you've read all the new posts in those threads? I'm sure you could click "Watched Threads" under the "Forums" option above to catch up on what you missed.

The forum won't let me change my name back to Kung Fu Ferret, even though it's been 90 days!
What does it say exactly when you try to edit it?

It might be that 90 days have passed, but not 90 full days so 90x24 hours. So it might work tonight, depending on how late you changed it last time!

Edit: I see it worked! Great :)

Last edited:
image.png
I had this problem occur to me yesterday on my phone. Somehow the menu bar is partially moved and cropped onto each other. This is still an issue when I open my phone now. As you can see the theme I use here is the Distortion World. I have not changed any settings on my phone or the forum either recently.
Another problem tha it causes is that spoiler tags, when unopened, show a white box the sixe of the spoiler content. Also this is only on my phone.

It also seems to have problems with other themes
image.png

Last edited:
new posts are appearing in a thread i watch (and i've checked multiple times that i am indeed watching it) but i'm only occasionally being alerted about them. this thread is a rather active one - does that have something to do with it? (i haven't had this problem with other watched threads i have.)

new posts are appearing in a thread i watch (and i've checked multiple times that i am indeed watching it) but i'm only occasionally being alerted about them.
I think that happens if you haven't read all the posts prior to the next person posting. In other words, it doesn't post an alert if someone else posts and you haven't finished reading all of the new posts.

a way to automatically refresh the main page like every 30-60 seconds because im lazy

It seems like the avatar uploader doesn't accept PNGs. I tried uploading one that's 18.16 KB and it came up with the 50 KB error message.

The avatar:
I ended up converting the image to a JPG and it works fine, which is why I think it may be a PNG issue. For what it's worth, I'm fairly certain I've used PNGs with transparency as avatars in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom