• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I try to make a profile post, the toolbar doesn’t show up. It only appears when I edit the post, but not when I make it. Is there anything I can do to make it appear? Thanks.

Whenever I try to make a profile post, the toolbar doesn’t show up. It only appears when I edit the post, but not when I make it. Is there anything I can do to make it appear? Thanks.
I can't reproduce this myself, maybe you have some browser extension that's blocking it?

Is there any way to opt out of the notices at the top of the forums that aren't major forum news, such as the Let's Plays and forum games? I've never been into Let's Plays, and I haven't played PMD, so I'm not really interested in the current round of PokeWiz. It'd be nice to not have to close the notices out every time a new update comes.

I just found out that posts only allow 30 images and 10 attachments in one post. This is a bit of a problem for me, as I play Fizzy Bubbles and I need to put image sprites to represent the items in my bag. (I have close to 40 different items, which is the absolute limit.)

Is there a way to remove the image limit (okay, maybe not the attachment limit, that makes sense, but at least the limit on how many images inserted by link are allowed in one post)? Thanks in advance.

I just found out that posts only allow 30 images and 10 attachments in one post. This is a bit of a problem for me, as I play Fizzy Bubbles and I need to put image sprites to represent the items in my bag. (I have close to 40 different items, which is the absolute limit.)

Is there a way to remove the image limit (okay, maybe not the attachment limit, that makes sense, but at least the limit on how many images inserted by link are allowed in one post)? Thanks in advance.
I had the same problem with running Defeat the Boss over at The War Room. The limit has been expanded a bit, but I believe they don't want to expand it too much.

I'm fine with bumping it to 40 if that's the absolute limit @Asteiri @Faiyaa @TheKnightsFury but I'd prefer not to have to change it every so often so if a mod could confirm, that'd be great :p

I'm fine with bumping it to 40 if that's the absolute limit @Asteiri @Faiyaa @TheKnightsFury but I'd prefer not to have to change it every so often so if a mod could confirm, that'd be great :p
Oh, sorry for not being specific enough; I meant that 40 is the absolute limit because I have both attachments and images as image sprites. 30+10=40 after all. Yeah, there isn't any limit in FB for how many items you can have, because most people in FB use UPN, which as far as I know doesn't have software limiting the amount of images in one post. Sorry for the confusion :confused:

Just a suggestion, can we be able to use an image from a link as our profile picture? I don't want to have to download every picture I want to use as an avatar.

@Zorchic I'm afraid that ain't possible.

You have to upload your avatar because the forum saves and hosts the image you upload itself. If it didn't and the website your image is on would go down it'd create all kinds of 404 errors.

The functionality for the forums too download an image based on its URL is something we can't easily add as it's not build into the Xenforo software afaik.

User banners aren't showing up for me. For example, a Sobble Fan banner just shows up as an empty box with the words "sobble fan" in it. Same goes for mod banners. Here's an example:

DC0067ED-4C69-4886-B21C-A66E28D98196.png

User banners aren't showing up for me. For example, a Sobble Fan banner just shows up as an empty box with the words "sobble fan" in it. Same goes for mod banners. Here's an example:

View attachment 133552
Fixed. You may have to clear your cookies / wait a while for it to fix itself. (on pc refreshing by holding down ctrl + pressing f5 should also do the trick)

I have this problem where after some amount of time of not posting in a thread, my notifications for that thread stop coming, despite me not having unwatched it. It's a problem because I may be just lacking in activity and/or lurking on that thread, and I still need to keep up on it even if I haven't posted.

I have this problem where after some amount of time of not posting in a thread, my notifications for that thread stop coming, despite me not having unwatched it. It's a problem because I may be just lacking in activity and/or lurking on that thread, and I still need to keep up on it even if I haven't posted.
I have that same problem too. I believe the forum only sends a single notification, and if you miss that notification it won't send another until you check the thread.

I have that same problem too. I believe the forum only sends a single notification, and if you miss that notification it won't send another until you check the thread.
I considered that possibility, but I usually don't miss any of my notifications, so I was confused on why the forum would stop sending notifications if I checked the thread every time I got a notification. It might be because after I check a notification, I press the back button on my browser, and the forum goes back to thinking that I didn't check the notification when I really did.

Apologies if this is not the right place for this.

I believe there is an issue with the two PMD skins, more specifically with badges that appear alongside each forum indicating whether or not you've viewed all content in each forum. Normally, the Red theme uses the normal rank badge while the Blue theme uses the platinum rank badge. Currently, the badges indicating that there's new content in a forum are correct; the normal is with the Red theme and the platinum is with the Blue theme. However, the badges are swapped when you've viewed all content in a forum: the Red theme uses a grayed out platinum rank badge rather than a grayed out normal rank badge and vice versa for the Blue theme (see the two pictures in the spoiler tag below).

I have an idea regarding forum styles that's a bit difficult to explain so bear with me. You know how on the PMD Blue and Red there's an option to switch from Blue to Red and vice versa, and the Default styles have an option to switch between the two (see spoiler tag below if you're confused as to what I'm referring too)?
Well, I was wondering if we could get an option similar to the ones mentioned above for all forum skins where we could chose a pair ourselves. For example, I could select the Spring Blossoms and Summer Break as a pair, and would have an option to switch between them. Like this:
1597784887441.png
I know that it's not that difficult to go into the style chooser, but it's still inconvenient. While I typically use PMD Blue as my default style, when it's dark I use the Distortion World style, and it's a little inconvenient to have to scroll down and manually choose the style rather than just click a button and the forum skin changes automatically.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Another suggestion I have is an arrow that appears that brings you to the bottom of the page, similar to the the arrow that appears that automatically brings you to the top of a page.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom