1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!

Generation 3!

Discussion in 'Pokémon GO' started by TeaWest, Dec 6, 2017.

1. TeaWest

TeaWest Ghosts of Razgriz

Blog Posts:
    Well guys, it's official. Generation 3 is right around the corner!

The Gen 3 starters, Treeko, Torchic, and Mudkip will be released later this week, with 50 more Pokémon exclusive to the Hoenn region to be released over the next several weeks. Furthermore, weather effects are being added into the game. These include clouds, wind, snow and rain! Spawns of Pokémon are said to be affected by the type of weather that's active.

What do you guys think about the upcoming generation? :) Personally, I'm interested to see if they'll increase the spawns of gen 3 starters in some way, and which 50 of the 130 remaining Pokémon will be released outside of the starters.

2. omahanime

omahanime Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I liked

"For example, you’ll find your odds of discovering Mudkip splashing around will greatly improve on rainy days,"

Pika_pika42, Kyriaki and TeaWest like this.
  3. Jacensolo66

Jacensolo66 Member

Blog Posts:
    Not sure if I like the weather thing. Probably means Castform is coming tho.

When I first read it thought 50 were dropping by the end of the week with the rest over the next several weeks, but after rereading it sounds like the 50 will be over the next several weeks which I don't like. Could deal with the 1st scenario but the 2nd is lame, just drop them all and let people catch them at their own rate.

Pika_pika42 and Zexy like this.
  4. Jacensolo66

Jacensolo66 Member

Blog Posts:
    Weather idea seems ok. Just another way to increase spawn rates. And it probably means Castform is coming.

Don't like how they are dragging out the release of Gen 3. When I 1st read elsewhere, I thought 50 were hitting by the end of the week with the rest over the next several weeks which would be fine. But as it is posted here with a couple by the end of the week and only being up to 50 released in several weeks is lame. Just release them and let people catch at their own rate. Didn't finish Gen 1 til after Gen 2 dropped and still not done with Gen 2 personally(dang Unknown).

Pika_pika42 likes this.
  5. TeaWest

Blog Posts:
    I'm interested how they're going to manage having 380 plus Pokemon potentially in the game at the same time. Seems like it would be very daunting to new players and really tough to find the Pokemon that were once so easy to find.

Pika_pika42 likes this.
  6. Hidden Mew

Hidden Mew Administrator Deputy Head Administrator

Blog Posts:
    This is a pretty cool announcement and the trailer was pretty neat too. I think that adding in more new Pokemon over the course of a few weeks is a good approach. They don't have a lot of baby Pokemon to lead into the generation like they did with the Johto update and they wouldn't want to risk running into more problems if they added too many at once. The use of weather in the game can make it interesting to find different spawns too.

I'm wondering how they'll handle the egg chart. They already added Duskull, Shuppet and Sableye after the Halloween event, but I hope it won't take them too long to include other Hoenn Pokemon in the eggs. That's really the best way for me to get candy or find rare Pokemon. Not to mention it will give me an excuse to start buying incubators again in the chance that a five kilometer egg actually has something I need. Although, there's also the concern of how crowded the egg groups will be with another generation thrown into the mix, especially when they took their sweet time adding in Johto Pokemon eggs. I don't know they really need Duskull, Shuppet and Sableye in the eggs anymore either considering how common they were during the Halloween event and I still see Duskull roaming around pretty frequently too.

I also really hope that they can fix the current bugs the game has before getting the Hoenn update. My phone keeps going to sleep mode unless I'm touching the screen, which makes it harder for me to actually play the game considering I have my phone in my pocket most of the time when I'm walking around. I do like that the game doesn't eat my battery nearly as much anymore, but it definitely hasn't recorded all of my distance over the past week or so, which is frustrating.

Pika_pika42 likes this.
  7. omahanime

omahanime Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  8. Kyriaki

Kyriaki The Future Hero of Alola

Blog Posts:
    WHEN IS THE UPDATE

Pika_pika42 likes this.
  9. Jacensolo66

Jacensolo66 Member

Blog Posts:
    Got the update off play store for Android today. No new Pokemon yet tho. Figured that would have happened today as well.

Pika_pika42 likes this.
  10. TeaWest

Blog Posts:
    Generation 3 is officially here everyone :) Caught a Wurmple already!

Happy hunting!

Pika_pika42, omahanime and Vulpix037 like this.
  11. Jacensolo66

Jacensolo66 Member

Blog Posts:
    Was on break at work and popped an incense. Only able to watch it for about 5 minutes but the 2nd Pokemon that popped was a Plusle. That was my first on the new Gen 3.

omahanime, Pika_pika42 and Vulpix037 like this.
  12. Vulpix037

Vulpix037 Christmas Eevee

Blog Posts:
    So far I've caught two Poochyena, an Electrike, a Spoink and a Makuhita.

Pika_pika42 and TeaWest like this.
  13. TeaWest

Blog Posts:
    I really like the weather effects! The snow is really pretty :)

Pika_pika42 and Vulpix037 like this.
  14. Kano

Kano █ dragons

Blog Posts:
    I haven't looked at it yet, but I definitely will soon with weather effects and Hoenn finally coming around, I'm really excited.

omahanime, TeaWest and Pika_pika42 like this.
  15. Pika_pika42

Pika_pika42 Ash's Pika

Blog Posts:
    Gen 3 has been great. The weather effects are cool too.
    Caught a few Treecko, Gulpin, a Slakoth, a CP 1020 Minun, a Skitty and a Ralts.

~ Pika Pika

TeaWest likes this.
  16. TeaWest

Blog Posts:
    I'm jealous of that Treeko :)

I haven't found a lot of amazing stuff yet, but some of the regulars. Seedot, Poochyena, Gulpin, Wurmple, Roselia, caught an Electrike and Slakoth too.

Pika_pika42 likes this.
  17. Pika_pika42

Pika_pika42 Ash's Pika

Blog Posts:
    Got enough to evolve 1 too. :p

TeaWest likes this.
  18. Jacensolo66

Jacensolo66 Member

Blog Posts:
    Yesterday got an Electrike and 3 amazing Nuzleaf. Unfortunately all the Nuzleaf are in the 82-88% range. If one was over 90% would use my rare candy for Shiftry. Tho at this point mite actually have enuf Seedot candy.

Today only got one new Pokemon but it was a big one. Have only seen 1 maybe 2 Makuhita but caught a wild Hariyama.

Pika_pika42 likes this.
  19. Vulpix037

Vulpix037 Christmas Eevee

Blog Posts:
    Registered two Pokémon into my Pokédex on Saturday - Hariyama and Mudkip, and two yesterday - Delcatty and Swalot.

Pika_pika42 and TeaWest like this.
  20. Zexy

Zexy Team Valor's Bigger Fire Chicken

Blog Posts:
    Thoughts on Gen III so far:

It certainly is cool to have more Pokemon to catch once again, once again there are a few which are easy to get and some others that are going to be a pain to gather 125 Candy for (starters, Shiftry, Gardevoir and Slaking... maybe even Wurmple lol). It appears there aren't too many meta-relevant Pokemon appearing around yet, what makes more of an impact in the competitive scene is the ability to access Level 35 Pokemon in the wild thanks to the weather. And Level 25 Legendaries if you get the right weather, that's awesome :D

Pika_pika42 and Vulpix037 like this.