• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Generation 3!

Reaction score
Well guys, it's official. Generation 3 is right around the corner!

The Gen 3 starters, Treeko, Torchic, and Mudkip will be released later this week, with 50 more Pokémon exclusive to the Hoenn region to be released over the next several weeks. Furthermore, weather effects are being added into the game. These include clouds, wind, snow and rain! Spawns of Pokémon are said to be affected by the type of weather that's active.

What do you guys think about the upcoming generation? :) Personally, I'm interested to see if they'll increase the spawns of gen 3 starters in some way, and which 50 of the 130 remaining Pokémon will be released outside of the starters.

Not sure if I like the weather thing. Probably means Castform is coming tho.

When I first read it thought 50 were dropping by the end of the week with the rest over the next several weeks, but after rereading it sounds like the 50 will be over the next several weeks which I don't like. Could deal with the 1st scenario but the 2nd is lame, just drop them all and let people catch them at their own rate.

Weather idea seems ok. Just another way to increase spawn rates. And it probably means Castform is coming.

Don't like how they are dragging out the release of Gen 3. When I 1st read elsewhere, I thought 50 were hitting by the end of the week with the rest over the next several weeks which would be fine. But as it is posted here with a couple by the end of the week and only being up to 50 released in several weeks is lame. Just release them and let people catch at their own rate. Didn't finish Gen 1 til after Gen 2 dropped and still not done with Gen 2 personally(dang Unknown).

I'm interested how they're going to manage having 380 plus Pokemon potentially in the game at the same time. Seems like it would be very daunting to new players and really tough to find the Pokemon that were once so easy to find.

This is a pretty cool announcement and the trailer was pretty neat too. I think that adding in more new Pokemon over the course of a few weeks is a good approach. They don't have a lot of baby Pokemon to lead into the generation like they did with the Johto update and they wouldn't want to risk running into more problems if they added too many at once. The use of weather in the game can make it interesting to find different spawns too.

I'm wondering how they'll handle the egg chart. They already added Duskull, Shuppet and Sableye after the Halloween event, but I hope it won't take them too long to include other Hoenn Pokemon in the eggs. That's really the best way for me to get candy or find rare Pokemon. Not to mention it will give me an excuse to start buying incubators again in the chance that a five kilometer egg actually has something I need. Although, there's also the concern of how crowded the egg groups will be with another generation thrown into the mix, especially when they took their sweet time adding in Johto Pokemon eggs. I don't know they really need Duskull, Shuppet and Sableye in the eggs anymore either considering how common they were during the Halloween event and I still see Duskull roaming around pretty frequently too.

I also really hope that they can fix the current bugs the game has before getting the Hoenn update. My phone keeps going to sleep mode unless I'm touching the screen, which makes it harder for me to actually play the game considering I have my phone in my pocket most of the time when I'm walking around. I do like that the game doesn't eat my battery nearly as much anymore, but it definitely hasn't recorded all of my distance over the past week or so, which is frustrating.

Yesterday got an Electrike and 3 amazing Nuzleaf. Unfortunately all the Nuzleaf are in the 82-88% range. If one was over 90% would use my rare candy for Shiftry. Tho at this point mite actually have enuf Seedot candy.

Today only got one new Pokemon but it was a big one. Have only seen 1 maybe 2 Makuhita but caught a wild Hariyama.

Thoughts on Gen III so far:

It certainly is cool to have more Pokemon to catch once again, once again there are a few which are easy to get and some others that are going to be a pain to gather 125 Candy for (starters, Shiftry, Gardevoir and Slaking... maybe even Wurmple lol). It appears there aren't too many meta-relevant Pokemon appearing around yet, what makes more of an impact in the competitive scene is the ability to access Level 35 Pokemon in the wild thanks to the weather. And Level 25 Legendaries if you get the right weather, that's awesome :D

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom