• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Generation 7 Exclusives

What forms will be Generation 7 exclusive?

• Ash cap Pikachu(s)

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Regional Variants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lycanroc Midday

• Necrozma Dawn/Dusk

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Ash Greninja

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Lycanroc Dusk

• Total voters

PartTimePokemonMaster

Part Time Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Hey all, I was curious about what Pokémon forms you think will be generation exclusive in the vein of spiky-ear pichu (Gen 4), pokestar mons (Gen 5), cosplay pikachu (Gen 6). I'm hoping that they can all make it to future generations. If I had to bet, then it would be Ash cap Pikachu forms. What do you think?

Poll option "Lycanroc Midday" should be "Lycanroc Dusk"

That aside, I think Ash Cap Pikachu and Ash Greninja will likely remain Gen VII exclusives. The others better be in future games.

There's a very high chance that the ASH cap Pikachus and the Ash Greninja will be stack in generation 7 since they're likely a one time thing that will stay in generation 7. Gamefreak can work around and find ways to make the other work such as a little items that a Pokemon can hold to have them evolve to their Alolan variants if their evolution can go either way. With Nercrozma (as of before Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's release), we'll have to wait until the new games come out in less then two weeks to see if there's an item which I'm sure there will.

Ash Greninja and the Ash Cap Pikachus, and maybe Dusk Lycanroc. They're event exclusive forms based on the anime, so they're not all that essential to the game. Plus they can't evolve/breed which is a major red flag that they're one off event forms (as they did the same with Spiky Ear and the Cosplay Pikachus). The Necrozma forms and regional variants will probably stay. The Necrozma forms' transformation method will probably be available in some way, either through an NPC or some other overworld object like the Deoxys meteors, they've never excluded a mascot form's change (see: Griseous Orb, DNA Splicers, Red/Blue Orb, Dragon Ascent appearing in every game since their introduction). And regional variants are too numerous and too game changing for them to remove them without backlash, they didn't get rid of Megas despite not focusing on them anymore, so regional variants will at the least be a legacy feature kept around in future gens.

It would appear as though I need a moderator to edit the poll at this point. Aside from that, I agree that ash cap pikachu's are likely to be a generation 7 exclusive form. I hope that they keep regional variants and dusk lycanroc. I feel like Ash Greninja is likely to stay as I see it in the same vein as Zygarde complete (even to the point of them both having new and unique abilities.)

None, because they can all be stored in Bank unlike Cospika, which was deliberately focused around a game-specific feature (Contest Spectaculars) and therefore had little reason to continue on into games without that feature.

Specifically with regard to the Hatpikas and Ash-Greninja, there is an entire item/Z-Move and an Ability, respectively, that exists solely for their sakes. Those things are mostly likely still going to be lying around in the code of the next games like always, so it wouldn’t make any sense to not carry over the only Pokémon that make use of them.

And then, it’s pretty nonsensical to even contemplate the possibility that the Necrozma forms or Duskhusky wouldn’t carry over. That’s like asking if Kyurem’s forms or Keldeo-R will carry over. Of course they will.

There’s also no reason for them to dispense with regional variants. While it is possible that they won’t introduce any more, they will be keeping the existing ones. If the removal of seasons couldn’t get rid of the Sawsbuck forms, then we’re not going to lose the Alola Forms just because we’ve moved on from Alola. Now, that doesn’t mean that they will make them readily available - indeed, just like Sawsbuck’s forms, they could relegate them to being transfer exclusives. But they’ve got no reason to axe them, especially since they were pretty popular. And in some of their cases, we see the same phenomenon as with the Hatpikas and Ash-Greninja, where there are certain battle assets that are clearly designed specifically around them. Raichu has its own Z-Move, Z-Crystal, and Ability. Marowak has Shadow Bone. Dugtrio and Muk have Tangling Hair and Power of Alchemy to emphasize their respective lore. That stuff just sits and rots away in the games’ internal code if there isn’t anything that can make use of it.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty much what Esserise said. I'm glad the Cap Pikachu and Ash-Greninja aren't locked from Bank. I do hope that somehow they bring back Spikey-Eared Pichu and the Cosplay Pikachu back at some point, even if it is unlikely right now.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom