• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 - Choose Your Starter!

What's your favorite generation 8 starter?

• Grookey

Votes: 161 23.5%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 264 38.6%
  • Sobble

Votes: 259 37.9%

• Total voters

SoaringDylan

The Sobbley Trainer
Reaction score
Hey Pokémon Fans!

You must've heard the news (if you haven't you've surely been living under a rock!) but Pokémon Sword & Shield have been announced, and with their reveal we got some cute & cool new starters!

Awesome art by @noworry

To celebrate the reveal of our new friends, you will be able to show off your favorite with a cool badge!
Do you have a fiery passion fitting of a Scorbunny Fan? or are you mischievous enough to call yourself a Grookey fan? perhaps you just can't help yourself but want to hug and cuddle Sobble like a true fan?

Make your choice on your profile! All you have to do is pick your favorite from the 3, You can find the option in your Preferences and you will receive your badge as soon as possible after making your choice!*
*The forums automatically processes this field every hour.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's choices!
See you around, trainers!

I don’t have a Switch, but, if I had to pick just one, I’d go with Sobble. The other two don’t look that appealing to my eyes.

Grookey is my #1, Sobble is #2.

Scorbunny looks cool, but it just doesn't really break the typical fire starter mold. Grookey is at least adventurous and Sobble is actually a relatively conservative looking design for a water type.

It's simply impossible for me to choose just one now, the first reason is that they didn't release the other two forms you don't say? (mid and final), and because I love all three and I'll do my best to use them on my team in my first gameplay (or I can replay, using the ones that were missing)

It's sad, but I can't have this badge so soon X_X

I'm abstaining until I see the evolutions. In-part because all of these had me raising my eyebrow, and in-part because that can change things drastically. That said I'll probably go with Scorbunny unless it's Yet Another Brawling Fire Starter. Sobble, we'll see, Water's a diverse type. I generally stay away from Grass types after I regretted it performance-wise one too many times, unless their secondary type is convincing.

Back
Top Bottom