• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

ATTENTION: Generation 8 - Choose Your Starter!

What's your favorite generation 8 starter?

• Grookey

Votes: 103 21.8%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 177 37.4%
  • Sobble

Votes: 193 40.8%

• Total voters

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Reaction score
I'm choosing Sobble in Pokemon shield, I'm not sure about Pokemon sword. It depends on if Scorbunny ends up a dreaded fire/fighting type, or not

Weiss

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Team Sobble! I prefer the water starters in most games excluding Gen I. I think Sobble is a possible top 3 depending on the rest of the line...

gives headpats

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
Well hey now, we don't know until we know. I'm going to hope it's not another F/F, and will hold onto it until it is officially announced!

DarthWolf

Sith Puppy
Reaction score
Only 6/800+ have the F/F type, I dont see the issue with it. It's not that common

Weiss

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Only 6/800+ have the F/F type, I dont see the issue with it. It's not that common
I’m not talking about all Pokémon though just the starters. Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar are all fire/fighting. Charizard, Typhlosion, Delphox and Incineroar are not fighting type. If Scorbunny is Fire/Fighting that makes 50% of fire starters being Fire/Fighting not exactly uncommon.

DarthWolf

Sith Puppy
Reaction score
I’m not talking about all Pokémon though just the starters. Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar are all fire/fighting. Charizard, Typhlosion, Delphox and Incineroar are not fighting type. If Scorbunny is Fire/Fighting that makes 50% of fire starters being Fire/Fighting not exactly uncommon.
Fair enough. Those are personally 2 of my favorite types and favorite mons so I'd personally be happy with another one

Weiss

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Fair enough. Those are personally 2 of my favorite types and favorite mons so I'd personally be happy with another one
I’m not against it if it’s a good mon but I feel they keep going back to it for ease. I also think a lot of early gyms were rock so it helped with the type disadvantage.

I think if Scorbunny ends up a fighting type it would probably make the end evolution very goofy. Blaziken and Infernape are two of my favourite starters so I didn’t mean anything personal.

Weiss

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Can I get my Sobble Badge please UwU I voted yesterday.

Lone_Garurumon

*Loud and obnoxious scale jangling*
Reaction score
Can I get my Sobble Badge please UwU I voted yesterday.
You don't get the badge by voting in the poll. If you go to your account preferences you'll see a field for your favourite Gen 8 starter. Pick the one you want, save the preferences, and the forum will automatically give you the badge.

Weiss

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
You don't get the badge by voting in the poll. If you go to your account preferences you'll see a field for your favourite Gen 8 starter. Pick the one you want, save the preferences, and the forum will automatically give you the badge.
Ah I see thank you so much! feels like a n00b