• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Generation 8 - Choose Your Starter!

What's your favorite generation 8 starter?

• Grookey

Votes: 161 23.5%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 264 38.6%
  • Sobble

Votes: 259 37.9%

• Total voters
The Rightful Heir
Reaction score
I'm choosing Sobble in Pokemon shield, I'm not sure about Pokemon sword. It depends on if Scorbunny ends up a dreaded fire/fighting type, or not

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
Well hey now, we don't know until we know. I'm going to hope it's not another F/F, and will hold onto it until it is officially announced!

Sith Puppy
Reaction score
Only 6/800+ have the F/F type, I dont see the issue with it. It's not that common

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Only 6/800+ have the F/F type, I dont see the issue with it. It's not that common
I’m not talking about all Pokémon though just the starters. Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar are all fire/fighting. Charizard, Typhlosion, Delphox and Incineroar are not fighting type. If Scorbunny is Fire/Fighting that makes 50% of fire starters being Fire/Fighting not exactly uncommon.

Sith Puppy
Reaction score
I’m not talking about all Pokémon though just the starters. Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar are all fire/fighting. Charizard, Typhlosion, Delphox and Incineroar are not fighting type. If Scorbunny is Fire/Fighting that makes 50% of fire starters being Fire/Fighting not exactly uncommon.
Fair enough. Those are personally 2 of my favorite types and favorite mons so I'd personally be happy with another one

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Fair enough. Those are personally 2 of my favorite types and favorite mons so I'd personally be happy with another one
I’m not against it if it’s a good mon but I feel they keep going back to it for ease. I also think a lot of early gyms were rock so it helped with the type disadvantage.

I think if Scorbunny ends up a fighting type it would probably make the end evolution very goofy. Blaziken and Infernape are two of my favourite starters so I didn’t mean anything personal.

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Can I get my Sobble Badge please UwU I voted yesterday.

Standing Out
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/They
Can I get my Sobble Badge please UwU I voted yesterday.
You don't get the badge by voting in the poll. If you go to your account preferences you'll see a field for your favourite Gen 8 starter. Pick the one you want, save the preferences, and the forum will automatically give you the badge.

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
You don't get the badge by voting in the poll. If you go to your account preferences you'll see a field for your favourite Gen 8 starter. Pick the one you want, save the preferences, and the forum will automatically give you the badge.
Ah I see thank you so much! feels like a n00b