• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 - Choose Your Starter!

What's your favorite generation 8 starter?

• Grookey

Votes: 161 23.5%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 264 38.6%
  • Sobble

Votes: 259 37.9%

• Total voters
Sobble. In addition to being the first water starter not based on an aquatic animal, giving it some degree of uniqueness, I'm just really excited to see what this little cutie evolves into.

Seeing as Grookey's "animal choice and typing" have already been done before, he's out for me. I'll probably go with Scorbunny as I never usually pick a Fire starter.

Seeing as Grookey's "animal choice and typing" have already been done before, he's out for me. I'll probably go with Scorbunny as I never usually pick a Fire starter.

Look I like the Pan/Simi monkeys as much as the next guy, gal, or non-binary pal, but I think we all know that they're most definitely just discount starters-the only differences in their move sets are their STABs. Grookey will be pretty much entirely distinct from that.

That being said give me Scorbunny or give me death.

Right now, I'm gonna go with Scorbunny. I love the little fire bunny the most, though I'll have to wait to see the final evolutions before making a final choice as I've been burned before (ha, get it). I loved Litten and Torracat but Incineroar underwhelmed me the last time.

Fun fact: about 2 weeks before the starters were revealed, I actually adopted 2 baby bunnies in real life so I was super excited to see Scorbunny.

It's a difficult decision for me to come to without knowing their final forms and potential duel types and I find both Sobble and Grooky adorable but I am leaning towards Sobble, largely because it's been since my first Black playthrough since I've chosen the water starter.

Last edited:
I voted for Sobble as I have a soft spot for Water-type Pokemon.

I am torn, I love rabbits and the design of Scorbunny, but I'm afraid they will have it be another Fire/Fighting type and I don't want that.
Sobble looks adorable, but I don't know what the evolved forms look like.
Now with Grookey, I normally have problems with primates due to an experience I had when I was little, but it is adorable and if the theory about it being musically inclined... well I'm hoping it turns out looking like a punk rock drummer and if it does all for it.

Definitely part of the Grookey Gang at this point. My starter preference has followed a pattern over the years, and I genuinely think Grookey is the cutest. It does somewhat depend on the evolutions too, but I have a great feeling I'll like them.

Scorbunny and Grookey catch my eye, so it'll depend on how I feel about them in the future.
Not going based off their final evos when they come out to the public since I like being excited to see my starters evolve blindly!

I’m picking Sobble. If I heard correctly, it’s a very timid Pokémon, so a trainer like myself who’s not comfortable around strangers and is very gentle is what it needs.

Back
Top Bottom