• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't say the picture was about the starters...
I've chatted with him many times before.
He actually has a Bulbaforums account even.

I'm not saying they are for sure, but if (and that's a big if) he really does have info on gen 8 that tweet could just be a cryptic hint. Again maybe he doesn't have info and it's all just a misunderstanding or a lie. We won't know for sure until much later on. Just thought I'd propose that they COULD be the starters.

I'm not saying they are for sure, but if (and that's a big if) he really does have info on gen 8 that tweet could just be a cryptic hint. Again maybe he doesn't have info and it's all just a misunderstanding or a lie. We won't know for sure until much later on. Just thought I'd propose that they COULD be the starters.
He later said he was just admiring these random animals. (That they aren't a hint)
But I know he lives very near to a Pokemon Center.

The Vacto Leak is an obvious fake. I highly doubt Megas will become their own species and Raichu getting two variants.

He later said he was just admiring these random animals. (That they aren't a hint)
But I know he lives very near to a Pokemon Center.
Well, the way he responded was a little odd, almost like he was avoiding a direct answer. Something seems fishy about this, could be something, might not be, we will see

Legitimacy is obviously in question, but this guy apparently says he has gen 8 info. Also supposedly he had info back before XY. Who knows if it's true tho. If it is tho maybe we got ourselves a tanuki, goat, and wolf starter trio? Only time will tell I suppose.

View: https://twitter.com/gekkougalarry/status/937734210953064448

Where does he say he has Generation 8 Info? Just wondering, was looking for it throughout their Twitter and couldn’t find anything

Where does he say he has Generation 8 Info? Just wondering, was looking for it throughout their Twitter and couldn’t find anything

I'll be honest that I never saw him say first hand that he has or knows someone that has gen 8 info. So fair enough if he doesn't. That's why why I originally said it could be nothing. I just saw someone else online saying that he hinted/said it so I wanted to bring some attention to it if he did. I may have jumped the gun on this one, but I do think I remember him being around during XY's leak season and iirc he did have some info then. Again maybe I jumped the gun on this one without looking too far into it tho. That's my bad. Either way he does seem like someone that may know something and has apparently in the past so it's not impossible he does now. Like I said it's more or the kind of thing we will have to wait and see on rather than something we can prove or disprove right away.

I really think he was hinting at Gen 8 starter info. He never denied it when people were saying he was giving away gen 8 info, he just acted surprised and coy like "oh really? Oh wow." Why else would a previous major leaker just randomly put out 3 animals when we know Gen 8 is in development? Especially when those 3 animals are all pretty good candidates for starters (especially a tanuki and ram/goat). My bet is that the goat/ram will be the Fire starter.

Yeah regardless of whether he actually said he has info it does seem suspicious of him. Also something to note is that he is going through all the starters and detailing what they all are based off off and some other background info on them. He just finished up the gen 6 starters so next would be gen 7. Maybe once he gets done with gen 7 he'll hint a bit more at the gen 8 starters? It all seems like he's counting down to something. What exactly is up in the air, but it seems odd.

Yeah regardless of whether he actually said he has info it does seem suspicious of him. Also something to note is that he is going through all the starters and detailing what they all are based off off and some other background info on them. He just finished up the gen 6 starters so next would be gen 7. Maybe once he gets done with gen 7 he'll hint a bit more at the gen 8 starters? It all seems like he's counting down to something. What exactly is up in the air, but it seems odd.

And he just tweeted about Bulba forums, so he's watching lol. To be fair, it is December and if Gamefreak is determined to have a late 2018 release, we'd probably get the official announcement around February - only a couple months away. So real leaks/info potentially being out right now isn't completely ridiculous.

Yeah we shall see what happens. If the game does come out next year we're very close to a reveal I think. The only thing they need to do before is reveal Zeraora and then it's full steam ahead. We could get another off year, but with all the sources relatively trusted people say are talking about the game for next year it'd surprise me if it was in fact an off year. We really don't get off years very often and even when we did get them more or less it was during the time when localization was still spaced out and there was a big gap between initial releases and world wide releases. Thus making the releases weird across the board. Now we seem to have merged the rest of the world's and Japan's release schedules where the rest of the world has jumped onto fall releases, but we're also getting more frequent releases as well. Whether that's a bad thing or not it's undeniable that the way they develop and release games is different than how it was 10 years ago. While yearly releases may seem like a over flooded thing (and sometimes it really is) GF has made it clear they produce their games in tandem and are constantly moving from one project to the next without much down time. This means it's less them not putting in the work and more like their planning things out WAY in advance. I'd say the problem with that is their team may end up being over worked. Which I'm sure no one wants.

"Trusted sources"

Just like Pokemon stars lol. Gamefreak is so so slient about game releases and announcements. I guess 2 months let's see

Legitimacy is obviously in question, but this guy apparently says he has gen 8 info. Also supposedly he had info back before XY. Who knows if it's true tho. If it is tho maybe we got ourselves a tanuki, goat, and wolf starter trio? Only time will tell I suppose.

View: https://twitter.com/gekkougalarry/status/937734210953064448

Honestly even if he wasn't legit. His line up of potential starters are very plausible. Primarily because of two of the animals. The ram was on the potential list of fire starters because of the chinese zodiac thing, and Incineroar might as well be proof to that being true. Second is the Raccoon Dog, or the Tanuki if you will, as the grass starter. Tanukis in Japanese folklore used leaves to shapeshift. And leaves are literally the symbol of grass types types so there's that. Also since grass types follow the trend of having their fully evolved forms being based off extinct or prehistoric creatures, there's actually a prehistoric relative of the raccoon called the chapalmalania. It's a very big bear looking raccoon. Now the wolf is what throws it off. Normally water starters are based of semi-aquatic creatures. One that can survive on land and water, but wolves are land animals. It'd be unique to have a water starter not based off a creature from the water, but I don't see that happening...unless it could be based off an akhlut. An akhlut is a mythical creature from Inuit mythology. Basically a wolf orca hybrid, at least on land.

In that case, forget the Sinnoh remakes. Those can wait for Gen 8.

I'm still not sure why Gen 7 had to be squeezed onto the 3DS and wasn't saved until the Switch, I almost feel like it's another Gen 5.
Because they wanted a new generation for the 20th anniversary and there was no chance they would've been able to release a full-fledged new generation for the Switch this year. Granted, next year isn't much better, so having better games this year and a break year following them would've been much more preferable to what's actually happening, but alas.

Last edited:
"Trusted sources"

Just like Pokemon stars lol. Gamefreak is so so slient about game releases and announcements. I guess 2 months let's see
Stars has not been de-confirmed. According to another source that surfaced recently, it was just a Sun/Moon port to see how it would work on the Switch (with no intention of actually being released). The early reports where probably just a mix up.

If Zeraora is revealed this month, a 2018 release date will be very likely. The only mythical revealed in December was Volcanion, which was followed by Magearna and SM's announcement.

If Zeraora is revealed this month, a 2018 release date will be very likely. The only mythical revealed in December was Volcanion, which was followed by Magearna and SM's announcement.
Well volcanion was announced in December corocoro. So it should leak it 4-5 days

We should hear something about the movie in December.
I mean, Professor Larry (GekkougaLarry on Twitter) did say that movie announcements always happen in December.

We might even have a Gen 8 pokemon to accompany Zeroara, like in previous generations.

We should hear something about the movie in December.
I mean, Professor Larry (GekkougaLarry on Twitter) did say that movie announcements always happen in December.

We might even have a Gen 8 pokemon to accompany Zeroara, like in previous generations.

Agreed, though I very highly doubt we'll get anything from Gen 8 this year. Zorua and Zoroark, "Awakened" Mewtwo, and Magearna were all revealed early in the year their respective debut games came out, not late in the year before.

If Zeraora is revealed this December, we'll probably get a Gen 8 mon in February or so. Were that to be the case I wouldn't go as far as calling a 2018 release confirmed, as they could be pulling a Gen3/4 and introducing new Pokemon very far in advance, but it would definitely raise the odds of it coming in 2018, or possibly very early 2019.

Anyways, we'll almost certainly have a better idea of the pace of new reveals within a week.

Yeah, we getting next movie news really soon.
i think the first info on i choose you was on 14 december which is a week away from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom