• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
the leak season is being boring because all of them have unrealistic stuff that game freak will never change, like the insane battle system change rumor.

Yeah I genuinely don't think that could ever happen. I'm personally trash at live fighting games like Pokken or the Naruto Storm games, I think a turn-based strategic fighting style makes the game more accessible to more types of players, and if they drop that I might lose a lot of interest in Pokemon, honestly. They keep a wider audience by keeping the turn-based system, they can't afford to risk losing that. Save that for side games like Pokken.

Also, it just doesn't make any sense. The main series games are always about being a Pokemon trainer. Why would you suddenly be controlling the Pokemon's actual physical fighting? That sounds like something more up Mystery Dungeon's alley where you're ACTUALLY a Pokemon. It just doesn't make sense from any point of view, period.

Gonna go into DP remake territory for a bit here, but that would be awesome. I think Arceus would be a good choice for that because of the direct ties it has with Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.

I remember Masuda saying in an interview once that they dumped the Azure Flute event for Arceus back in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum because he thought it would be "too confusing for players to use". It'd be interesting to see how they go about it in Diamond and Pearl Remake and if they take a Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Deoxys approach.

They haven't as far as I know. I think it's just what their informant has told them. Again I wouldn't worry too much. If I know GF the system will be unique and all their own while still being familiar to Pokemon fans in some capacity. Peeps are freaking out too much for no reason other than they hate the idea of change. Let;s see what it's like before judging it.

You're right. I just need to take a deep breath and relax. Game Freak is smart. I need to give them more credit. People make comparisons all the time. Just because it is "like" Digimon World or Pokkén, doesn't mean it's going to be like it down to the source code. I bet that the sources of @lavandula and @Desdar300 have just seen pictures and then say to themselves "Oh, that kinda reminds me of Digimon World or Pokkén Tournament". I doubt that they've seen footage. But then again, we don't know if they have seen footage. It's all still just a bunch of hearsay at this point. We just have to wait and see what happens sadly.

the leak season is being boring because all of them have unrealistic stuff that game freak will never change, like the insane battle system change rumor.

I really do believe the battle system leaks *ahem* rumors because they come from very credible sources that leaked Team Rainbow Rocket for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon early as well as leaked a lot of stuff for Sun and Moon. How can you compete against that? Then again, there was some stuff wrong I believe like they said we were going to get Alolan forms in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Yet we didn't get a single Alolan form in the final versions of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. So there's a small chance this could be wrong. But in my opinion, only a small chance.

I really do believe the battle system leaks *ahem* rumors because they come from very credible sources that leaked Team Rainbow Rocket for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon early as well as leaked a lot of stuff for Sun and Moon. How can you compete against that? Then again, there was some stuff wrong I believe like they said we were going to get Alolan forms in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Yet we didn't get a single Alolan form in the final versions of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. So there's a small chance this could be wrong. But in my opinion, only a small chance.
I can compete with it because i'm using logic, why change something that gives you ton of money for 22 years?

Yeah I genuinely don't think that could ever happen. I'm personally trash at live fighting games like Pokken or the Naruto Storm games, I think a turn-based strategic fighting style makes the game more accessible to more types of players, and if they drop that I might lose a lot of interest in Pokemon, honestly. They keep a wider audience by keeping the turn-based system, they can't afford to risk losing that. Save that for side games like Pokken.

Also, it just doesn't make any sense. The main series games are always about being a Pokemon trainer. Why would you suddenly be controlling the Pokemon's actual physical fighting? That sounds like something more up Mystery Dungeon's alley where you're ACTUALLY a Pokemon. It just doesn't make sense from any point of view, period.

This exactly. They might change it some but I doubt it’ll be entirely different. There are plenty of fighting games. It’s not unique and ostracizes players. If you don’t have good reflexes then you end up struggling extremely or playing on easy as Pokémon doesn’t really do levels. Current style is understandable for young to old and even if you don’t understand more than the type chart, grinding let’s you get through the game.

I think the changes will be some kind of gimmick like megas and Amie and z moves. Just maybe a bit more large. But I think we’ll still have turn based recognizable because it makes the game so accessible. If people want real time, there are plenty. Most games are real time. Pokken, pmd, smash bros if you want Pokémon. Currently turn based on the style of Pokémon is unique.

I feel like there is only one thing that could make me leave: if Pokemon became a massive edge fest.

PMD isn't real time at all, what are you talking about?

I feel like there is only one thing that could make me leave: if Pokemon became a massive edge fest.

The battle system change I admit was pushing it for me at times. But after taking a deep breath and relaxing, I doubt they'll do something dratistic like remove the main mechanics that give Pokémon it's identity such as the Type chart, Levels, Stats, Abilities, hold items, etc. Like I said earlier in this thread, the thing that would really make me leave in a heartbeat is if Game Freak retcons all the currently known Pokémon out of existence and reboots the franchise.

The battle system change I admit was pushing it for me at times. But after taking a deep breath and relaxing, I doubt they'll do something dratistic like remove the main mechanics that give Pokémon it's identity such as the Type chart, Levels, Stats, Abilities, hold items, etc. Like I said earlier in this thread, the thing that would really make me leave in a heartbeat is if Game Freak retcons all the currently known Pokémon out of existence and reboots the franchise.
if game freak ever did that id hug my nidoqueen plushie and cry myself to sleep

That'd be problematic for certain, mostly for continuity purposes. In that situation, it'd mostly depend on what the new creatures are and if I could accept them. However, I would never be able to let go of the older pokemon either. At that point, it'd come down on what kind of dedication I want to have. Having all the pokemon has never been important to me, but to be without my favorite pokemon? I'm not sure I'd be able to live with that. I took on the Battle Tree just to get Charizardite X, that is how strong my attachment to it is. And I HATE competitive nonsense. It disgusts me that I did it.

if game freak ever did that id hug my nidoqueen plushie and cry myself to sleep

Same with my Tyrunt plushie. I love Tyrunt and Tyrantrum so much. Especially Tyrantrum. Contrary to what my name would make you believe. I took this name from my Bulbapedia account that I started back in 2008. I wish I could find some official Tyrantrum merchandise somewhere. That'd be sweet. Anyways, back on topic. Lol.

Same with my Tyrunt plushie. I love Tyrunt and Tyrantrum so much. Especially Tyrantrum. Contrary to what my name would make you believe. I took this name from my Bulbapedia account that I started back in 2008. I wish I could find some official Tyrantrum merchandise somewhere. That'd be sweet. Anyways, back on topic. Lol.
Dialga is still pretty cool :] I have some big figures of dialga and palkia back from when i was a kid

I wouldn't mind a reboot of sorts in the form of a Kanto remake with similar treatment to FRLG

Before receiving National Dex: "There's 150 Pokemon!"

After receiving National Dex: "Nevermind there's like 800ish now!"

They'll never outright retcon the other Pokemon out of existence, but they could easily make a game that, by comparison, takes place "in the past" (Kanto being 10-12 years before Alola), and have you unlock the remainder of the Pokemon post-game, which is exactly what FRLG did for Johto and Hoenn Pokemon.

PMD isn't real time at all, what are you talking about?

I never said it was? I said real time fighting would be appropriate to PMD vs. the main series, that's all lol

Seems fake, as well as trying to copy USUM wishlist /vp/ - >Only one version >New region >About 75 new Pokémo - Pokémon - 4chan
I wouldn't mind if the battle system were to change into something like this tbh. As for the leak, it is slightly more realistic than others except the summer 2018 part. One thing which strikes me odd is how many leaks talk about the battle system and the games having connection to time. It is either somewhat true or maybe people are just copying what they find on other leaks. Probably the latter but it is at least something.

This might be a tad bit reaching, but did anybody notice how Plusle and Minun (other than Rayquaza) have become obtainable worldwide on Pokemon GO just recently? I just find it really strange thst they would choose those particular Pokemon, and when I heard about it my mind went directly to the Plus and Minus rumors we've heard about.
Plusle and Minun were released on December 8th. I know that's relatively recent (especially comparing the time main series games take), but GO has had four updates introducing new Pokemon since then. Plusle and Minun weren't the only ones in the Dec 8 patch, either-Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Poochyena, Zigzagoon, Wurmple, Seedot, Ralts, Shroomish, Slakoth, Makuhita, Skitty, Mawile, Meditite, Electrike, Roselia, Gulpin, Spoink, Zangoose, Seviper, and Absol got brought on as well. EDIT: Sorry, disregard this half, missed the part about their worldwide release being three days ago.

If it was about Plus and Minus, it'd be a very strange way to promote it. A pair of Pokemon released on an app game, released amongst many other Pokemon, that have the name of a pair of games in their own, but you'd only know if you read online leaks, because no other mentions of Plus or Minus have been made. Doesn't seem like the best marketing strategy.

I never said it was? I said real time fighting would be appropriate to PMD vs. the main series, that's all lol
That was a response to me actuallyz I mistakenly said that it was real time becaise I wasn’t thinking clearly. Rumble is real time, but PmD is now that I think about it an example of turn based. Stuff only happens when you move. Though it does feel somewhat real time.

Plusle and Minun were released on December 8th. I know that's relatively recent (especially comparing the time main series games take), but GO has had four updates introducing new Pokemon since then. Plusle and Minun weren't the only ones in the Dec 8 patch, either-Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Poochyena, Zigzagoon, Wurmple, Seedot, Ralts, Shroomish, Slakoth, Makuhita, Skitty, Mawile, Meditite, Electrike, Roselia, Gulpin, Spoink, Zangoose, Seviper, and Absol got brought on as well. EDIT: Sorry, disregard this half, missed the part about their worldwide release being three days ago.

If it was about Plus and Minus, it'd be a very strange way to promote it. A pair of Pokemon released on an app game, released amongst many other Pokemon, that have the name of a pair of games in their own, but you'd only know if you read online leaks, because no other mentions of Plus or Minus have been made. Doesn't seem like the best marketing strategy.
I think that what he is talking about is how Plusle and Minun used to be region exclusive Pokémon and that the new update removed the exclusivity so that anyone anywhere could get Plusle and Minun. I used to only catch Plusle before, but now I can catch Plusle and Minun. I don't really think that means anything since originally Zangoose was in the West and Seviper in the East and now it's the opposite. I don't really think that this means anything though.

Heaven forbid it be as simple as “they’re Gen 3 Pokémon, and GO is rolling out Gen 3 Pokémon at the moment.”

Why do we always have to do this whole “Game Freak are the Illuminati” thing?

Excuse you? I brought it up because I thought they made Plusle and Minun worldwide just within the past week, not since December.

For fucks sake, I can't do anything right.

That was a response to me actuallyz I mistakenly said that it was real time becaise I wasn’t thinking clearly. Rumble is real time, but PmD is now that I think about it an example of turn based. Stuff only happens when you move. Though it does feel somewhat real time.

Oh oops, my bad then to him.

PMD would be a good candidate to go to a more real-time based fighting style, like I said, because you actually ARE the Pokemon. The main series is not the game for that, because you're the trainer, you tell the Pokemon what to do, you aren't fighting AS them.

Excuse you? I brought it up because I thought they made Plusle and Minun worldwide just within the past week, not since December.

For fucks sake, I can't do anything right.

That wasn’t aimed at you specifically, hence my not quoting you.

I just generally take issue with this pervasive, undying idea that Game Freak secretly “hint” at upcoming releases in ridiculously obscure and abstract ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom