• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you point it out?
upload_2018-2-13_21-22-30.png

Okay more I look at it, the less it looks like a card but I still feel like it's Pokemon related.

Last edited:
Really? Lol. I've found it to be the opposite so far. Stressful and anxiety provoking. Mainly due to the battle system changes leak as well as the Kanto Remake rumor (the latter of which @lavandula said is unlikely thankfully). I really don't want Game Freak to screw this game up. I don't want to be quitting a series that I have loved for over 20 years due to some battle system changes. I have loved Pokémon ever since I was 5 years old when Red and Blue first came to the United States and don't want it to fail. I hope that the leakers are just using Digimon World or Pokkén Tournament as a comparison because they've seen pictures or footage of the battle system for the Switch game and it looks like Digimon World or Pokkén Tournament from the images or video. I wouldn't mind a system that is in real-time, but with Pokémon elements that we know such as Types, Stats, Abilities, hold items, etc. Hey @TheMonster6893, has your source said if they have seen pictures or footage of the new battle system? I'm just curious as to why @lavandula and @Desdar300's sources compare it to Digimon World and Pokkén Tournament and I know that you said your source keeps in contact with both of them. I hope the battle system changes are original and not copied from those games. I really hope Game Freak is not that stupid. If they are, I will find Junichi Masuda and... not do nice things to him. :mad:

But you dont have to quit anyting, you just have to change your perception and open your mind. Look, a few years back I was one of the "If they change the battle system they will kill Pokemon and I'll kill puppies!" but now I just want to see what will it looks like if they change it in fact, and then judge if the changes are fine or not but, anyway, I know that I'll buy the games and I'll enjoy it.

But you dont have to quit anyting, you just have to change your perception and open your mind.

Well, some people are inherently trash at some genres. Suddenly finding that you’re trash at the new battle system after enjoying Pokémon for a long time can completely take out the fun for some people. And you are not obliged to force yourself to like something. For some people things simply don’t work out. That, combined with the requirement of buying a $300 system and $60 game can force someone to quit the franchise.

I don’t feel that way and probably would not quit the franchise, but I can understand people who may want to quit if the battle changes are too major for their liking.

Well, some people are inherently trash at some genres. Suddenly finding that you’re trash at the new battle system after enjoying Pokémon for a long time can completely take out the fun for some people. And you are not obliged to force yourself to like something. For some people things simply don’t work out. That, combined with the requirement of buying a $300 system and $60 game can force someone to quit the franchise.

I don’t feel that way and probably would not quit the franchise, but I can understand people who may want to quit if the battle changes are too major for their liking.
so much this, gold post. .

I think it's time to stop arguing over what pokemon is and is not, because in the end, we can't answer it, we've never been able to answer it, and we never will be able to answer it. Gamefreak has always had control over it, and we can't change that. That is the realm of fanworks, which will never be official.

Last edited:
Why change gyms to trials? Why change HMs to an all new system? Using your logic, why change anything at all? We should be playing Sun and Moon on our Gameboys.
Not sure if trolling.. but, does changing HMs to ride pokemon can make a drama? no, it's the same thing but this time you don't give up a move slot.
and changing gyms for trails turn it from jrpg to arpg? no
but change from turn based will make a drama and will make pokemon go from normal rpg to arpg.
trails and HMs are not big like a battle system change.
some changes can be good, but a genre change is too much, so please think before you comment.

Why change gyms to trials? Why change HMs to an all new system? Using your logic, why change anything at all? We should be playing Sun and Moon on our Gameboys.
While I agree some kind of change is necessary and that people should wait for it to release before hating, those changes are nowhere big enough as a change to the battle system. If they do make it real time, it would change the entire way one plays the game. From a jrpg it'll become an arpg. A completely different style of play. While I won't quit the franchise because there are other things I enjoy about it, you cannot blame people who dislike arpgs to be against this.

But they dont have to quit the franchise at all, just wait a few monts or years and see with their own eyes if the battle system works of not.

Maybe it's just my own point of view, I dont know, but its how I feel.

But they dont have to quit the franchise at all, just wait a few monts or years and see with their own eyes if the battle system works of not.

They'll know in an instant if it does not work for them. Someone does not have to wait a few years to see if they start liking something- People know enough about their preferences. And again, buying a $300 console and a $60 might be too much for some people just to see if they like something or not.

I'm just trying to play the Giratina's advocate here.

The proposed change is less akin to "let's add new form mechanics and stats" and more like "let's make this a racing game". It puts you in a completely different headspace for how to interact with it as a whole. If you aren't good at racing games, you can't just adapt to that kind of a change, especially not if you bought this series because the turn-based genre was something you could handle a lot better.

(I know it's not becoming a racing game. I'm comparing the shift in mindset that would be needed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom