• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a gander at Masuda's Twitter just for the heck of it, and it looks like he's back at The Pokemon Company:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/963577351576502272

Masuda put that phone away or you're gonna get caught, there's a no-phone policy at work.

That's probably his second trip there in the past month. With those translation rumors/leaks, I feel that they're getting a trailer prepped up or something.

I took a gander at Masuda's Twitter just for the heck of it, and it looks like he's back at The Pokemon Company:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/963577351576502272

Masuda put that phone away or you're gonna get caught, there's a no-phone policy at work.

That's probably his second trip there in the past month. With those translation rumors/leaks, I feel that they're getting a trailer prepped up or something.

VERY interesting. While I'm sure he does make trips to the company on occasion that's not specifically related to new games coming out this is suspicious. I don't think he visits them too often so him traveling there multiple times in a month or 2 makes me agree that they're planning something. Otherwise he'd be back at the GF offices working on the game.

Well, today's been great. In additon to the battle system changes leak worrying me to no end since it's reveal to the public back in late December of 2017, I now have a new worry. The speculation about Lugia possibly getting a new form and bringing back the Kanto Remake rumor to light. I swear it never ends. I hope the CoroCoro tease is nothing but I'm getting an uneasy feeling that it's going to be something big. I might as well quit the Pokémon series now. Lol.

Well, today's been great. In additon to the battle system changes leak worrying me to no end since it's reveal to the public back in late December of 2017, I now have a new worry. The speculation about Lugia possibly getting a new form and bringing back the Kanto Remake rumor to light. I swear it never ends. I hope the CoroCoro tease is nothing but I'm getting an uneasy feeling that it's going to be something big. I might as well quit the Pokémon series now. Lol.

Again I'm not sure where all your worrying is coming from. Lavandula already explained that the Kanto rumor basically came from the fact that there will be a lot of gen 1 references in the game. Not that the game will be in Kanto. You're freaking out for no reason. And even if Lugia does get something new how does that relate to Kanto? It's a Johto Pokemon anyway. If anything it'd hint at some kind of return to Johto (which isn't happening so get it out of your mind!) The game will take place in a new region so chill. Also again as far as the battle system goes just trust that GF know what they're doing. They've even gone as far as to bring in another team to work on it so it's not like they're just putzing around with no knowledge of how to do something different. Lets' see how it works before freaking out and burning the entire world down lol

I hope the CoroCoro tease is nothing but I'm getting an uneasy feeling that it's going to be something big.

They wouldn't put it in there if it was to be nothing. Like I said in one of my posts on the last page, it would be weird for it to turn out if it was just a special distribution or Lugia's part in the story. Why bother teasing that a month in advance for something like that?

I know this is a bad example but it's exactly like when Type: Null said to have a secret in corocoro, look out next time and we ended up with Silvally. It would have been dumb to say look out for Type: Null and then it's just "it's Gladions partner Pokemon".

It's most likely going to be a Gen 8 gimmick, we don't know if it will be a form or not, it could be anything. For all we know (And I doubt it but who knows), it could be a Z-move which gets patched in.

With that person coming on Pokenchi who has only really had interaction with the films and that we normally get the title of the film in February (Last year was different being the 20th anniversary of the anime) and a trailer, I think we should get something.

Again I'm not sure where all your worrying is coming from. Lavandula already explained that the Kanto rumor basically came from the fact that there will be a lot of gen 1 references in the game. Not that the game will be in Kanto. You're freaking out for no reason. And even if Lugia does get something new how does that relate to Kanto? It's a Johto Pokemon anyway. If anything it'd hint at some kind of return to Johto (which isn't happening so get it out of your mind!) The game will take place in a new region so chill. Also again as far as the battle system goes just trust that GF know what they're doing. They've even gone as far as to bring in another team to work on it so it's not like they're just putzing around with no knowledge of how to do something different. Lets' see how it works before freaking out and burning the entire world down lol

You're right, I need to chill out. I've been worrying all night. @lavandula put a lid on the Kanto Remake rumor and explained why it was so prevalent. And Lugia is a Johto Pokémon, so it's nothing to worry about. As for the battle system, Game Freak is getting help from another team to work on it, so I need to have trust with whatever they're planning, it's going to be good. Like you said, it's not like they're just putzing around with no knowledge of how to do something different, they're getting some help. I shouldn't be judging a battle system that I haven't even seen yet. It's much easier said than done for me at times. We have nothing to go on with it really other than some comparisons that sources of @Desdar300 have been making to Digimon World or Pokkén Tournament, which is very broad considering that the two games are very different. From what it sounds like, it appears that they've only seen pictures and not video of how it works. But who's to know what they've seen exactly. It's just a wait and see game for now.

They wouldn't put it in there if it was to be nothing. Like I said in one of my posts on the last page, it would be weird for it to turn out if it was just a special distribution or Lugia's part in the story. Why bother teasing that a month in advance for something like that?

I know this is a bad example but it's exactly like when Type: Null said to have a secret in corocoro, look out next time and we ended up with Silvally. It would have been dumb to say look out for Type: Null and then it's just "it's Gladions partner Pokemon".

It's most likely going to be a Gen 8 gimmick, we don't know if it will be a form or not, it could be anything. For all we know (And I doubt it but who knows), it could be a Z-move which gets patched in.

With that person coming on Pokenchi who has only really had interaction with the films and that we normally get the title of the film in February (Last year was different being the 20th anniversary of the anime) and a trailer, I think we should get something.

Yeah. I feel that it's going to be something. CoroCoro has never let us down when they've hyped stuff up before. At least to my knowledge. I run a Pokémon Facebook page and have reported on a lot of leaked CoroCoro issues.

Yeah. I feel that it's going to be something. CoroCoro has never let us down when they've hyped stuff up before. At least to my knowledge.
in march 2016 they said we will get sun and moon info next month and it turned out to be nothing. (they planned to show the box but "too much flash...")
but apart from this they did pretty good job, so there is hope for something big.

in march 2016 they said we will get sun and moon info next month and it turned out to be nothing. (they planned to show the box but "too much flash...")
but apart from this they did pretty good job, so there is hope for something big.

Oh yeah. That's right. Now I remember! People were so about the announcement before the announcement.

What if the Kanto references are there because it's the second region?

What if the Kanto references are there because it's the second region?
I don't think there'll be any second region...They left that idea after Johto, which had 2 regions only because GF thought that would be the last couple of pokemon games. The main story is way too long and they already said that times have changed and people don't have enough time for that. I felt the same replaying them on virtual console, the idea of starting again with the same (old) journey after the first region is actually a bit boring. I hope for a more innovative game which has its own spaces to explore, just way bigger then before...I want the experience of playing to be different.
"You want something new for the first home console game? Here's Kanto again". Worst answer ever, just pointing out that GF cannot answer that demand at all.
Imo remakes or anything too old fashioned won't be well accepted by fans (see UsUm). People are expecting something new and by new I mean something that can bring fresh air to the franchise, that marks the beginning of a new wave of pokemon games. Since red and blue we have played the same game over and over just with new graphic and some change here and there. If Game Freak is making a couple of games that are just the usual pokemon games then people will be disappointed, even if they didn't have their expections too high, even if they were prepared for that to happen.
Nintendo Switch was a revolution for Nintendo games, Botw and Smo did that switch. Pokemon is the third big Nintendo game and fans expect GF to do that switch too. I think it is impossible to have low expections, also enjoyng a game just because your expectations were too low is not a good thing for a franchise.
What happened with UsUm was a good thing somehow. GF understood that they cannot use the same formula forever. Those games sold well like all the games before but I think that for a good amount of time GF was a bit scared about that not happening.
Pressure is not something bad necessarly. People create better things when they understand that to sell well they have to release something new, something that follows the natural evolution of things.
First Pokemon Fans are 25+ years old now but apparently pokemon wants to be 10 forever.

Last edited:
CoroCoro said we should watch out for next issue and Lugia in general this year? Soooo can we board the hype train or wait juts a little bit more? This is giving me serious 'Mewtwo in that Genesect movie' teas.

CoroCoro said we should watch out for next issue and Lugia in general this year? Soooo can we board the hype train or wait juts a little bit more? This is giving me serious 'Mewtwo in that Genesect movie' teas.

I do think it is going down the Genesect movie path but I say just wait till Pokenchi this sunday before getting on the hype train. Normally with the first movie news in corocoro, we do get a trailer and with that person coming on that's only related to the films, I think we will see something.

Only thing holding the title (Again, which we normally get in February) back is Zeraora.

This thread:
photo_2018-02-14_14-38-37.jpg

I don't think there'll be any second region...They left that idea after Johto, which had 2 regions only because GF thought that would be the last couple of pokemon games. The main story is way too long and they already said that times have changed and people don't have enough time for that. I felt the same replaying them on virtual console, the idea of starting again with the same (old) journey after the first region is actually a bit boring. I hope for a more innovative game which has its own spaces to explore, just way bigger then before...I want the experience of playing to be different.
"You want something new for the first home console game? Here's Kanto again". Worst answer ever, just pointing out that GF cannot answer that demand at all.
Imo remakes or anything too old fashioned won't be well accepted by fans (see UsUm). People are expecting something new and by new I mean something that can bring fresh air to the franchise, that marks the beginning of a new wave of pokemon games. Since red and blue we have played the same game over and over just with new graphic and some change here and there. If Game Freak is making a couple of games that are just the usual pokemon games then people will be disappointed, even if they didn't have their expections too high, even if they were prepared for that to happen.
Nintendo Switch was a revolution for Nintendo games, Botw and Smo did that switch. Pokemon is the third big Nintendo game and fans expect GF to do that switch too. I think it is impossible to have low expections, also enjoyng a game just because your expectations were too low is not a good thing for a franchise.
What happened with UsUm was a good thing somehow. GF understood that they cannot use the same formula forever. Those games sold well like all the games before but I think that for a good amount of time GF was a bit scared about that not happening.
Pressure is not something bad necessarly. People create better things when they understand that to sell well they have to release something new, something that follows the natural evolution of things.
First Pokemon Fans are 25+ years old now but apparently pokemon wants to be 10 forever.
okay you suggest people dont have time your argument its like tellin someone its casual and only playin only candy crush ¿how people dont have time? in all case ITS dont have PATIENCE if you refer its simple you are free for express your idead but in bold its something felt offended

I've been mulling over what could constitute a simplification of the system. There is nothing in particular that I can think of that would make it easier for anyone to play. There's a lot to be said for making it easier to get into competitive, or at least make it more fair. Real time alone cannot do this, you would need to rework the math behind battles as well. This is the number one thing that gives competitive players the advantage. You would have to make it so any pokemon can be viable in some way.

This image describe how i express something in my interest and reach aspie strong level explaining for eixample 8 generations his changes his moves his natures breeding system battle system competitive system table of weakness legendaries anime mechanics glictches bugs secrets exploits and same applyes final fantasy animal crossing fire emblem guitar hero suikoden legend of dragoon skyrim DOS games animes hentais and about my life

Hey @Enryx25, @lavandula (she knows Japanese and has been in contact with leakers for the Switch game) got back to me on that Japanese leak that you posted to the thread yesterday. She said that it says: "It says "The release next year is America" (which doesn't really make sense)" So it's probably fake. Sorry.

For those you that haven't seen it, here it is: /vp/ - ポケットモンスター - Pokémon - 4chan

Did any of the leakers directly state that the battle system would be in real-time like DIgimon World and Pokken?

Did any of the leakers directly state that the battle system would be in real-time like DIgimon World and Pokken?

No. They did not. @Desdar300's sources said it would be "like" Digimon World or Pokkén Tournament, which is a very broad statement. I doubt they'd copy those games down to the source code. I don't think Game Freak is that stupid. At least I hope. I would want some kind of original battle system. Also according to @Desdar300, Game Freak is getting "external help" to finish the battle system. I would assume from the first statement, the leakers saw pictures of the new battle system and are making comparisons and said to themselves "Oh, this reminds me of Digimon World or Pokkén Tournament", not that they've seen video on how it exactly works. But who's to know what they have seen. I wish that we knew more about the battle system and what it's exactly going to be like.

Gamefreak thknks people don’t have time and maybe that’s true in Japan where they take things like school more seriously. But in reality people do have time and Pokémon ain’t a long game. There are games that take much much more time to complete and are extremely popular.

Pokémon doesn’t need to change drastically. Is it the same formula? Yes. But that’s what a series is. People don’t go saying kingdom hearts need to stop having you travel worlds. Or that call of duty needs to stop being about war. A series uses a formula. Should it remain unchanged? No. But traveling a region and defeating gyms and evil teams is not an issue. That’s the world of Pokémon.

And USUM ain’t that great of a game. Actually people have plenty complaints. Same with SM. Do they have a good story? Yes. But they have plenty of flaws as well that people find annoying. Majority here doesn’t want another USUM. They want things like platinum.

And Pokémon fans aren’t just 25+ for starters half the people on this site aren’t 25. I’m not. And Pokémon isn’t just for those that have been playing since RB. It’s for those who are young and looking for a new series to those who only got into it in XY. Fans of Pokémon are from however young you can play the games or watch te show to however old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom